View Full Version : Clutch ratchet

FurioKid
04-06-2009, 21:48
I'm at my wits end, having real problems fitting my new clutch ratchet.

basically i've fitted a soft pedal conversion and the cluth was working ok, but then found the ratchet was slipping so decided to replace. Got a kit from ebay all looks gd, but firstly found the top curved piece that the cable sits in doesn't line up with the holes on the clutch pedal body, so i made new ones and got it fitted, problem sorted. Second problem is the loop on the top piece catches at the top when the pedal is pushed, although think this can be sorted by pushing the bracket up to clear it. But after all that, fitted the cable on the ratchet, and then onto the release fork, pressed the pedal and the cable keeps pinging out of the ratchet but it fits snuggly in the ratchet?!

anybody had similar problems?

FurioKid
04-06-2009, 22:40
P.S heres the kit that i've fitted

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=390019177031

R5GTTRaider
04-06-2009, 23:57
you should have just brought the renualt ones, make sure its the white version

mightymanx
05-06-2009, 00:02
sounds like its a crappy copy mate to be honest ive always fitted proper renault 1s and had no problem think ull have to have a trip to renault

FurioKid
05-06-2009, 00:07
nah its black on the top not white but then it is only a copy. think its time for a whole new pedal and get it sorted in one :cry:

R5GTTRaider
05-06-2009, 00:07
patern parts dont userly fit renaults, i reckon renualt gave out dodgy sizes to car part factorys, so motor factors lose out, and end up stocking renault parts :laugh:

R5GTTRaider
05-06-2009, 00:08
nah its black on the top not white but then it is only a copy. think its time for a whole new pedal and get it sorted in one :cry:
i mean make sure its the white rachet system you get as the black ones are prone to snapping cables

Schakal
05-06-2009, 00:10
imo you should not have gone drilling new holes on the pedal
before checking the teeth on that curved piece on your pedal are
worn badly ,most of the time they are not !!

if i was you ,i would get another used pedal with good teeth on the curved bit
and use the rest of the kit to refit the pedal .

i might have a 19 pedal complete with ratchet bits if any good for you ?

FurioKid
05-06-2009, 00:11
patern parts dont userly fit renaults, i reckon renualt gave out dodgy sizes to car part factorys, so motor factors lose out, and end up stocking renault parts :laugh:

clever frenchies :laugh: just unlucky when you want cheaper parts :(

FurioKid
05-06-2009, 00:13
imo you should not have gone drilling new holes on the pedal
before checking the teeth on that curved piece on your pedal are
worn badly ,most of the time they are not !!

if i was you ,i would get another used pedal with good teeth on the curved bit
and use the rest of the kit to refit the pedal .

yeah i've posted up in the classifieds that i'm after a clutch pedal assembly with the gd ratchet aswell, hoping someone will come to my rescue :scratch:

markey b
05-06-2009, 00:14
a whole pedal and ratchet is only about 25squid, and my local dealer had em in stock for the 5, and my 19 when i needed them... so i'm sure that they are not uncommon parts

FurioKid
05-06-2009, 00:17
a whole pedal and ratchet is only about 25squid, and my local dealer had em in stock for the 5, and my 19 when i needed them... so i'm sure that they are not uncommon parts

i thought they were more like £60-70 from the dealer?? :scratch: if so i'll give my local dealer and ring tomoz and find out a price aswell but could do with one asap

R5GTTRaider
05-06-2009, 00:34
i saw one was about £16, sure he said he had discount.
10% off £25 is £15 so maybe it could be £25:scratch::scratch::scratch:

FurioKid
05-06-2009, 00:40
and was that direct from renault??

R5GTTRaider
05-06-2009, 00:47
i belive so, cant rember were i saw it
just see how much it is, cant see it beeing 60 quid for a bit of plastic, a clutch cable only costs £24,

FurioKid
05-06-2009, 00:52
i belive so, cant rember were i saw it
just see how much it is, cant see it beeing 60 quid for a bit of plastic, a clutch cable only costs £24,

well think £60 is for the whole lot, which i'm gonna need now really cos mines fecked after having to drill it out, need a full clutch pedal with the ratchet aswell :(