PDA

View Full Version : insurance claim

Shakes
04-06-2009, 14:56
ok the other week my little bro had a accident, he was comming down the road, and a car pulled out on him, as you can see from the pics the other car (red primara) was parked on the wrong side of the road & facing oncomming traffic & to top it off he was parked on zig zags, you can also see the car has pulled out quite a distance into the road.
the owner of the primara is saying he only edged faward slightly and its my brothers fault as he could of stopped on time. now my bro is getting a thousand questions from the insurance about this and it seems hes being blamed, jeezus the guys just broke every rule of the road, & my bro seems to be getting told hes at fault.:mad:

Trevhib
04-06-2009, 15:27
Insurance companies will always try it on, which, if it happened how you said, is exactly what's happening here. Your bro simply has to be forthright and just keep repeating the same statements and that he will not accept any blame and they will eventually concede. Might take a while and include a threat of court but it should all come to nothing.

R5GTTRaider
04-06-2009, 15:36
from my experince it dont matter how much infomation you give to claim its not your fault, guess what they wont,because this guy/woman is problery 200 years old and been driving for near on the same amount of time, verses a young lad, they just pursume its the young persons fault

Shakes
04-06-2009, 15:41
from my experince it dont matter how much infomation you give to claim its not your fault, guess what they wont,because this guy/woman is problery 200 years old and been driving for near on the same amount of time, verses a young lad, they just pursume its the young persons fault
didnt want to say it but yeah thats exactly what im thinking i mean they got the evidance in front of them, why are they questioning it, because my bros only 18 i think

James5
04-06-2009, 16:35
To be honest it is really hard for Insurers to work out whom is at fault it may seem that they are asking your brother a thousand and one questions (which they are intitled to do so under the policy).

The Insurers will then use this information to get a good idea of the incident scenario / circumstances as they were not there when the incident occured) this is used to provide the Insurance handler with enough information to review the claim and work out the incident scenenario from your brothers information provided, along with information from any witnesses along with information from the other driver (primera).

Tell your brother nothing to worry about this is standard practice and required for Insurers to investigate.

R5GTTRaider
04-06-2009, 21:14
To be honest it is really hard for Insurers to work out whom is at fault it may seem that they are asking your brother a thousand and one questions (which they are intitled to do so under the policy).

The Insurers will then use this information to get a good idea of the incident scenario / circumstances as they were not there when the incident occured) this is used to provide the Insurance handler with enough information to review the claim and work out the incident scenenario from your brothers information provided, along with information from any witnesses along with information from the other driver (primera).

Tell your brother nothing to worry about this is standard practice and required for Insurers to investigate.
sorry but thats total bullshi,t a woman reversed in to me i had 3 witneses 2 which were girls, all gave a statment and the woman won the case and said i drove in to her at speed and couldnt stop, but wait... no skid marks at the scene.plus she only had a scuff that would have t-cut out, but claimed over 1k:eek:
i took loads of pictures got my friends to write down what they thought happened, plus my version of events and still got done, which i now claim as a non fault as im not prepared to take the fall for a dic head of a driver, the woman was 17 and didnt even bother looking behind:disagree:

Penfold aka The Dealer
04-06-2009, 21:58
If you are that bothered about the accident and insurance companies not going your way you can get a solicitor to work your case and argue for you.

You dont actually need to go through your insurance company, if i am not at fault i go through the insurance company tho!

Most insurance have legal cover (but you will have to ask them to use f you feel the case aint going the correct way)

You are also welcome to get an independant claims investigator to work for you and to present there info to the insurance company's at your own cost!!

Luckily for me i am a Driving Instructor, often we are asked to investigate roads/accidents spots and to report our findings back to the insurance companies etc...

You have some good pictures, best bet would to go back when the road is clear take more pictures ie: from distance etc...

Then get a nice A3 piece of paper and try and draw a rough scretch of the accident including a step by step guide )also add a 1,2,3 written summary!

Your insurance company will thank you for it.

If you really feel your insurance company is doing f*ck for you, then tell them to stop processing the claim and you will have to recover the cost direct from the individual... but i really dont recommend this route!

Shakes
04-06-2009, 23:01
thanks guys some nice advice here, cheers pen i will get him to do that :coffee: