View Full Version : dumbiset questions, asked about ur renault

Shakes
03-06-2009, 12:13
ok heres a good topic for you, lets here the bumbiset questions someones asked you about your ride.
i was at kingswood autoparts the otherweek (car parts shop).
and the young guy serving said to me.... "i used to have a r5 gordini" I say nice etc then he turns round and says to me..... "what size engines in them renault 5 turbo's then?" haha
& 5 mins ago outside my hose a guy comes over and says.... "How much of a renault 5 is this then" w00t! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

BriC
03-06-2009, 12:18
"How much of a renault 5 is this then" w00t! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I hope your reply was something along the lines of '27.312'

djinuk
03-06-2009, 12:19
When having my tyres fitted a young lad walked over to me with a baseball cap and said " ive had loads of these, is this a 1.6 or the 1.9" :S i think he got confused with 205's

The new Bill J
03-06-2009, 12:51
What is a bumbiset?

And what's wrong with asking what engine size a 5 Turbo has, when he's owned a 5 Gordini? After all, they're not the same car.

:scratch:

c7borg
03-06-2009, 12:51
the wierdest one for me is when people just say how much do you want for it?

..I didn't even know it was for sale

Tiny Tim
03-06-2009, 12:54
What is a bumbiset?

SO glad you asked Bill :laugh:

Andrew Cooke
03-06-2009, 13:00
"what kind of dump valve does it have"

I'm paraphrasing as I can't speak street urchin

paul b
03-06-2009, 13:06
"what kind of dump valve does it have"

I'm paraphrasing as I can't speak street urchin

did it go
"wiggidy wiggidy psssssht,innit , baileys...respec, hear the drummer get wikkid"
:coffee:.....

mine so far,,,,,,how big are the injector's i fitted......errrrrrrr, FAIL.

Adey aka Ewok
03-06-2009, 13:16
did it go
"wiggidy wiggidy psssssht,innit , baileys...respec, hear the drummer get wikkid"
:coffee:.....

mine so far,,,,,,how big are the injector's i fitted......errrrrrrr, FAIL.

the term lol is very apropriate right now as i did just lol

Rob1980
03-06-2009, 13:39
Who was it on here that replied to a chavs comment "sick car mate" with no its just the 285 cam makes it idol a bit lumpy.

I Think it may have been Tiny Tim but im not sure. Either way its stuck with me as it make me chuckle!

Shakes
03-06-2009, 16:04
What is a bumbiset?

And what's wrong with asking what engine size a 5 Turbo has, when he's owned a 5 Gordini? After all, they're not the same car.

spelling was deliberate as i know people are easily offended by certain words or may have children reading, im sure you know what i ment, after all everyone else seemed to get it. anyways i had a long conversation with the lad, and cba to explaine it all basically he was saying how much he loves renault 5's and hes had about 7 of them in the past and he even had a gordini running 650bhp
thought it obvious if you were into 5's enough to even buy a gordini, he would at least know the egine size of a renault 5 gt turbo. point taken that perhaps people may just be set on buying a gordini knowing nothing else about renault 5's, i should of not been so lazy and explained it all.:o

Big Steve - Raider
03-06-2009, 16:16
he even had a gordini running 650bhp

The new Bill J
03-06-2009, 16:24
spelling was deliberate as i know people are easily offended by certain words or may have children reading, im sure you know what i ment,

No, not a clue what bumbiset is supposed to mean. It must be pretty offensive though, seeing as your board name is very close to being sh*t :scared:

jesus in the seat of a 5
03-06-2009, 16:28

:smokin:..same as mine, bugger,i must go to k-tec asap for more group a...

Maka
03-06-2009, 17:13
i get people asking me alsorts of questions about the car, most days i take it out.

one guy once asked me if the shift light on my dash was a webcam!!! :confused:

Majority of the time its just..how much money have you sepnt on that and o i remember that they're rather unreliable on the headgaskets and turbo.

i nipped to the local sainsburys on my dinner from work a few weeks back with one of the girls from work in the passanger seat. every set of traffic lights we waited at we had someone in the car next to us asking questions or acknowledging the car.
she didnt believe me that it gets so much attention till that happened.

big love for these babies in the derbyshire area as you dont see many any more.

clee
03-06-2009, 17:22
My biggest bug bear is from peeps on here ...I don't own a five,I've never owned a five ....I don't want to own a feckin five :cooter:

Kenobi
03-06-2009, 17:31
No, not a clue what bumbiset is supposed to mean. It must be pretty offensive though, seeing as your board name is very close to being sh*t :scared:

Maybe its a word from the street. Ya know the hip youth you tell to move on when they stand too near your house after 8pm.

jesus in the seat of a 5
03-06-2009, 17:50
My biggest bug bear is from peeps on here ...I don't own a five,I've never owned a five ....I don't want to own a feckin five :cooter:

WHERE`S THAT ENVY ICON....:laugh:

Tiny Tim
03-06-2009, 17:55
:smokin:..same as mine, bugger,i must go to k-tec asap for more group a...

Errr

Pot.. kettle Mr GT Tuning catalogue :laugh:

jesus in the seat of a 5
03-06-2009, 18:00
Errr

Pot.. kettle Mr GT Tuning catalogue :laugh:

catch up timmay, move with the times..;), besides, anymore of your cheek and ill not let you have that dump valve for your "JAP" motor...:laugh:

Os8472
03-06-2009, 18:07
Everytime I go anywhere all I get is "you don't see any of those around anymore, they must have all rotted away by now"

Sy5GTT
03-06-2009, 18:52
I get the " Is that a Turbo" question alot. :confused:

markey b
03-06-2009, 19:00
i get asked what colour mine is alot, so i just say orange

Russgt5
03-06-2009, 19:27
Wasnt realy a question i got asked but....my uncle had a nervous breakdown a few years back and he hasnt been the same since,acts wierd and is very paranoid.........anyway he used to be an electrician before he got ill and still had all his old tools so i asked him if he could come round and help me wire up a boost gauge (so it illuminated at night).He turns up,i unlocked my door,opened it and my uncle immediatley saw my tweeters (speakers) in door cards (there very thin rectangular infinity "biscuit" tweeters,not round like most).He then jumps back nearly knocking me over shouting "turn the alarm off,its gonna go off"...i explained that the alarm was already off and he then starts waving his arm about in front of my tweeters and says "yep its off now".I tried to explain again that waving his arm infront of my tweeter would not set the alarm off but he was adamant that my tweeter was an alarm sensor...he then started to explain why my tweeter was a sensor,telling me it was an infa red beam that gets emitted from 1 side to the other and if someone breaks the beam then the alarm goes off.No matter how many times i told him it was a speaker he just would not listen and insisted i turn the alarm on so he could check.......i turned alarm ON,he waves arm about infont of the tweeter.............and nothing happened,no raging alarm bellls,nothing.....he then says "your alarms ****ed russ u wanna sort that out m8" then wired up my boost guage and left.....barking mad he is hahaha.:sad2:

Os8472
03-06-2009, 19:31
Wasnt realy a question i got asked but....my uncle had a nervous breakdown a few years back and he hasnt been the same since,acts wierd and is very paranoid.........anyway he used to be an electrician before he got ill and still had all his old tools so i asked him if he could come round and help me wire up a boost gauge (so it illuminated at night).He turns up,i unlocked my door,opened it and my uncle immediatley saw my tweeters (speakers) in door cards (there very thin rectangular infinity "biscuit" rectangular ones).He then jumps back nearly knocking me over shouting "turn the alarm off,its gonna go off"...i explained that the alarm was already off and he then starts waving his arm about in front of my tweeters and says "yep its off now".I tried to explain again that waving his arm infront of my tweeter would not set the alarm off but he was adamant that my tweeter was an alarm sensor...he then started to explain why my tweeter was a sensor,telling me it was an infa red beam that gets emitted from 1 side to the other and if someone breaks the beam then the alarm goes off.No matter how many times i told him it was a speaker he just would not listen and insisted i turn the alarm on so he could check.......i turned alarm off,he waven arm about infont of the tweeter.............and nothing happened,no raging alarm bellls,nothing.....he then says "your alarms ****ed russ u wanna sort that out m8" then wired up my boost guage and left.....barking mad he is hahaha.:sad2:

That kinda thing happens to all Electricains, its caused by 1 too many shocks, I'm already showing signs of going nuts:brickwall:

rs250nut
03-06-2009, 20:00
The best one I ever had was how quick is it mate, I said its no snail it gos well like and then the penis then replys, I used to have the quickest in the country gave Roland a race from gt tuning and pissed all over him. So I say must be a well speced motor he replys yeah I bored it out to an 1800, me and my pal turned round and laughed like ****:dearme:

clee
03-06-2009, 20:02
That kinda thing happens to all Electricains, its caused by 1 too many shocks, I'm already showing signs of going nuts:brickwall:

Yep ,true .It does you good according to my old man .He has no eyebrows .......flashburns :laugh:

R5GTTRaider
03-06-2009, 20:13
I get the " Is that a Turbo" question alot. :confused:
i got that the other day but then follwed by is it a renualt 5, so why not ask what car it is in the first place!!:wasntme:

Big Steve - Raider
03-06-2009, 20:44
Everytime I go anywhere all I get is "you don't see any of those around anymore, they must have all rotted away by now"

Add that to the good old my mate used to have one of those & tthe head gasket went! :rolleyes::dearme:

Miller
03-06-2009, 21:50
Not quite asked by someone but......

When i was in Renault a few years ago, i had an argument with the young parts man........he was trying to tell me that Renault never made a Renault 5 gt turbo or a Renault 5 with a body kit:eek:. He then told me it must be an aftermarket kit:wasntme:

And that was the last time i used them:laugh:

BriC
03-06-2009, 22:30
i get asked what colour mine is alot, so i just say orange

:laugh: Bet they feel like a reet cock after they ask!

BriC
03-06-2009, 22:33
Add that to the good old my mate used to have one of those & tthe head gasket went! :rolleyes::dearme:

I always love the look of, well, almost disappointment when you tell them that ACTUALLY, when they're looked after, they will go on for miles with no problem.

gttjames
03-06-2009, 23:09
Most common thing i get...

'dont see many of them anymore, how many headgaskets you done?'

reply, 'none in the 2 years iv owned it'

'your well lucky then'

reply, 'no, iv just stuck to the main rules cooling and fueling'

'arr right, i used to run 25psi through mine, was rapid'

reply 'no wonder you popped headgaskets'

car.crash
03-06-2009, 23:30
"is it chipped"?

R5GTTRaider
04-06-2009, 08:18
Not quite asked by someone but......

When i was in Renault a few years ago, i had an argument with the young parts man........he was trying to tell me that Renault never made a Renault 5 gt turbo or a Renault 5 with a body kit:eek:. He then told me it must be an aftermarket kit:wasntme:

And that was the last time i used them:laugh:
i was in renault yesterday, the parts guy reckons raiders came in grey also :scratch:

Billy-G
04-06-2009, 08:34
I once got asked if it was a TDi!!

Alright, the carb was overfuelling a bit on idleand tossing out some black smoke, and the 285 cam does make it run a wee bit lumpy, but still :laugh:

Sparkie
04-06-2009, 08:59
i keep getting people asking what size engine is in the turbo2...when you tell them its 1400, they look all crest fallen and say its a replica then yeah?

or..."how much power do these push out standard?" - 160bhp...- disappointed look ensues.

or... people think it costs about the same as a GT Turbo, and when you tell them its worth about £15k, i'm met with silence.

R5GTTRaider
04-06-2009, 21:42
got asked if it was a reno today......................:dearme:

richi
04-06-2009, 22:40

lol im doing a massive rewire on my own at the moment and find myself talking to myself all the time lol

richi
04-06-2009, 22:43
i always get asked do i street race,

i had to chavs come up to me once they where "buzzing" ova da daumpvalve and apparantly the best dv i could get is to "twoc" one of a bus like he did for his mates rs turbo

Stuart Clark
04-06-2009, 22:47
I get asked all the time, "what have you done to it" as i have owned it 13 years and its my second gt i could write a 75,000 word dicitation on it!!

sphinX
04-06-2009, 22:52
i get people asking me alsorts of questions about the car, most days i take it out.

one guy once asked me if the shift light on my dash was a webcam!!! :confused:

that is the best thing i have heard in a long time, it actually made me lol

R5GTTRaider
04-06-2009, 22:55
got stopped by a e30 1.8i which was quite a bit slower then me, asked....what size engine is that, i said 1.4 he said no it aint....like im going to lie.... then he said, ar i must be doing something wrong...to which i said yes, its not a turbo!!!! ah funny ****!!

Mart
04-06-2009, 22:59
"Aren't you a bit too old to still be driving that"

:mart: :cartman:

Blick
04-06-2009, 22:59
when i parked up at the paper shop the other day got out of the car, could hear these 3 lads talkin about the 5.... must of only been about 10yrs old sittin on bmx`s.

1 lad said 2 his mate "how is that still on" "hes got a turbo timer" "its a renault 5 turbo propper fast" :laugh: i was pretty impressed for his age. :agree: :laugh:

Shakes
04-06-2009, 23:02
"Aren't you a bit too old to still be driving that"

:mart: :cartman:
hahahaha quality :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh:

Blick
04-06-2009, 23:06
nice nova :agree:

markey b
04-06-2009, 23:28
nice nova :agree:

dont even go there! my missus calls mine 'the beige nova' lol

BriC
04-06-2009, 23:40

I overheard some guy at college talking about the Ali G film the other day, and he mentioned his 'yellow nova'. I couldn't even be bothered correcting him :laugh:

R5GTTRaider
05-06-2009, 00:00
he mentioned his 'yellow nova
:wasntme::jerkoff::homer::cartman:

Blick
05-06-2009, 07:12

i get that just 2 wind me up i think.... :laugh::laugh: it works :agree:

tonesGTT
05-06-2009, 08:13
i keep getting people asking what size engine is in the turbo2...when you tell them its 1400, they look all crest fallen and say its a replica then yeah?

or..."how much power do these push out standard?" - 160bhp...- disappointed look ensues.

or... people think it costs about the same as a GT Turbo, and when you tell them its worth about £15k, i'm met with silence.

On the subject of replicas, the best one asked of me was, 'i didnt hear a dump valve, its a look a like then, right? Its not a real GT Turbo?' IIRC i agreed with him and said no, its not :crap::sad2:

5alldaway
05-06-2009, 09:37
is it for sale mate? yeah it is, 10 grand

Rusty
05-06-2009, 10:14
when i parked up at the paper shop the other day got out of the car, could hear these 3 lads talkin about the 5.... must of only been about 10yrs old sittin on bmx`s.

1 lad said 2 his mate "how is that still on" "hes got a turbo timer" "its a renault 5 turbo propper fast" :laugh: i was pretty impressed for his age. :agree: :laugh:

That is impressive :worship: the 5.

At most of the hillclimbs and sprints i get asked how much power it's got, and i reply 118bhp atw, and you get strange look. I say well it's only running 14 psi and hey it's never retired from any event or blew a head gasket,yet another strange look upon their face. :laugh:

markey b
05-06-2009, 14:43
a little lad from up my road rode past on his bmx last summer, screeched up behind my car with his little mate, and said 'that aint a porsche' and rode off.... he obviously didn't read 'bodyworks' under 'carrera' lol

scratcher
05-06-2009, 15:47
a little lad from up my road rode past on his bmx last summer, screeched up behind my car with his little mate, and said 'that aint a porsche' and rode off.... he obviously didn't read 'bodyworks' under 'carrera' lol

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Thats hilarious!