PDA

View Full Version : eBAY charges..!!

raj
02-06-2009, 00:57
:mad: are they taking the p1ss.?

just sold an item for £360 and eBAY want £40.:eek::eek:

thats abit of a pisstake dont you think.?

any ideas on how to avoid this payment..? im not paying that:disagree:

Schakal
02-06-2009, 01:25
you will have to take the money and make a run for it i am afraid .

whats the item you sold ? if its local pick up you may be able
to persuade the buyer to agree to the withdrawal of the deal
on ebay (both parties must confirm this to ebay ) in return for
a small discount/sexual favour etc .

that way all you pay is the listing fees
i fooking hate selling stuff on ebay too .:cooter:

R5GTTRaider
02-06-2009, 02:06
dont even get me started on ebay and paypal:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

have you not noticed a seller cant leave buyers bad feedback, and becasue i started a dispute about not reciveing a item im now paying the price, cant have my money till good feed is left, yes ok good idea for new ebay sellers etc, but i been a mebber for some while, 13 100% feedback, most of them saying fast payment exellent etc.
luckily the parcel is a 24hr dhl thing, so money should be relaesed some time tomorrow.

and yes the fees are fuking stupid, with eay you not only now have to think about what your items worth but also incude ebay costs, which then deters bidders coz ebay fcuk you sideways,

they even banned me last time apprently i had been associated with some guy 300 miles away becasue he made erratic bids, ie made a high bid then canceled and then bid again and again ..................and again, like a £1 a time, but as the higgest bidder obisly wanted this item it was a high bid, in all this guy made 15 bids before giving up at a highish bid, and wierdly about a tenner under the bidder

i then relised he had done this delibratly to make that bidder pay his higgest bid, meaning he was fuking around with ebay?

so becasue of that they acused me of making someone else bid up on my item, basicly unlawfull bids, so i got banned, and did they thnk to even check if i knew the guy........no!
total and utter w@nkers oh i could go on 4 eva about how **** ebay has become,
but they got us by the nuts
we need to sell and the buyers are there. buyers get massive amiunts of protection, dont get charged a single penny like you wouldat any normal auction room, so the fees are cut 50/50 between seller/buyer
then if it dont come and lye, which i kept the recipt AND faxed it to them, paypal fked me over and gave them the cash, and i lost out on money there.while still having to pay all fees

any way i think ill stop as i do hate the place , but as said they got us becasue we would be nowere without it!:mad::mad:

rant over :laugh::wasntme:

R5GTTRaider
02-06-2009, 02:16
here we go
look what bollox sellers get, nothing about how they are going to deal with non paying bidders

eBay Buyer Protection

There may be instances where a seller doesn't resolve a claim and we find in favour of the buyer, in which case, under eBay Buyer Protection, eBay will pay the buyer and invoice the seller for the amount paid to the buyer by eBay. Where a seller fails to comply with the eBay Buyer Protection policy, eBay may also remove any special status associated with the seller's account (e.g. PowerSeller status), reduce or eliminate any discounts received by the seller, decrease visibility of the seller's listings in search results :eek:, place certain requirements regarding payment options offered by the seller and potential holds on payments made through PayPal and/or restrict or suspend the seller's account

:dearme::dearme::mad:

raj
02-06-2009, 09:47
thats not good at all:disagree: i think i'll do what schakal suggested and withdraw the item when the buyer comes to collect the bits.

are there any other auction sites out there that are fairer towards both parties etc.?

dangerous dave
02-06-2009, 10:47
ebay would just use a 3rd party to come knocking at the door.. a friend tried to dodge it but paid up after someone came looking..

ebay are rip off, you want top dollar for your stuff, agree a price and then ebay/paypal take such a big cut you wouldnt have sold the item had you known... :(

Bigfoot
02-06-2009, 10:56
Its 10% of final figure. But no set up fees. im sure it was never that expensive last year :crap:

djinuk
02-06-2009, 11:18
I refuse to use ebay for selling anything, i sold a soverign ring for £80 (chav spec), i sent it signed for delivery, i got a sig the guy claimed he didnt get it, ebay took my £80 and the ring never came back.. :(

There is a hole in the market for an ebay contender but it needs huge advertising in order to make it work as without the buyers/sellers market becoming involved very quickley it just wont work.

R5GTTRaider
02-06-2009, 11:23
no it wasnt, its the fact that theyve relised or at least known there aint no other auction site, an as there global. they get away with it becasue of the vast amount of buyers it attract,
from noobs buying ebay chips, and stupid 99p ebooks, to even real estate, yahuts,and super cars,

you think £40 is alot agaisnt £360, image the bill when you sell a 30k boat on ebay:eek::eek::cry::cry:

the problem is that theyve given buyers so much leaway, its defently a buyers market on ebay, it hardly seems worth selling on ebay, but you have to becasue you know its the only place your sell your item quickly and on view to millions of people,

luckily i dont do much selling, but when i do its outragouly expensive. sold a bike fo £200 was charged £30 plus the £15 it cost to list it so i got 155 for the bike, if i knew i was that expencive i wouldnt of listed it

also i listed a bucket seat, and put

"open to offers,which will then be listed as a buy it now"

oooo guess what, got the item canceled due to the words "open to offers" and went on to say i cant sugest id like to sell out side of ebay (which by the way would fuc.k them over as they see no fees nor charges) but failed to notice the buy it now on here part!

buyers have got iit kushty, good for when ya buying, but a killer when you got something to sell

R5GTTRaider
02-06-2009, 11:25
I refuse to use ebay for selling anything, i sold a soverign ring for £80 (chav spec), i sent it signed for delivery, i got a sig the guy claimed he didnt get it, ebay took my £80 and the ring never came back.. :(

There is a hole in the market for an ebay contender but it needs huge advertising in order to make it work as without the buyers/sellers market becoming involved very quickley it just wont work.
exactly, ebay is such a big online auction player no one has a chance

its total and utter bollox, you do every thing right, then the *w@nker says oh i didnt get it, wait 7 days and walla, ebay now just helped a buyer become a thief

how long ago was it, id go straight to the top with ebay, tell em you have tracking and proof, and you still get fuc.ked sideways

Billy-G
02-06-2009, 12:00
Have you tried ebid? I've used it, and its a lot cheaoer than the scam that is ebay these days.

A LOT more people on it as well now compared to even a year ago.:agree:

R5GTTRaider
02-06-2009, 12:11
:agree::agree:
ill take a looksie!!

phase i 16 v turbo
02-06-2009, 12:42
Since ebay changed the listing fees it is no longer worth me selling parts as the cut they take means that you end up paying for other people’s parts. They are getting greedy but they know you don’t have many other global options.

raj
02-06-2009, 13:04
hmm that ebid doesnt sound bad at all

JRP
02-06-2009, 15:19
sold a set of wheels on ebay sale was £80 by the end of the fee's etc id been charged £14 quid ****ers

Bigfoot
02-06-2009, 15:22
sold a set of wheels on ebay sale was £80 by the end of the fee's etc id been charged £14 quid ****ers

Is that including paypal fees? As I sold a set for £100 and only got charged £10. Did you have £60 postage on top of those?

JRP
02-06-2009, 15:29
Is that including paypal fees? As I sold a set for £100 and only got charged £10. Did you have £60 postage on top of those?

no ive cpomplained, they charged me insertion fee's then also the final value fee..... 14 quid off of 80 is a tad much! no postage he collected

Bigfoot
02-06-2009, 15:33
Ahh, i started at 99p so was free to list, I always thought you get that back if you sell the item though when starting off, but yeah 17.5% for just putting the item on eBay and selling is crazy.

raj
02-06-2009, 16:49
well im sorted now, £40 pahh ive just paid the ebay fee of £4.50:agree: i asked the buyer to agree to the withdrawal of the item as my ebay fee was rediculess, she agreed if she could suck my willy, i had to agree, job done. :p
:wasntme:

Schakal
02-06-2009, 17:10
well im sorted now, £40 pahh ive just paid the ebay fee of £4.50:agree: i asked the buyer to agree to the withdrawal of the item as my ebay fee was rediculess, she agreed if she could suck my willy, i had to agree, job done. :p
:wasntme:

sorted :agree:
now let hope she has not got braces :p:laugh::laugh:

R5GTTRaider
02-06-2009, 19:28
sorted :agree:
now let hope she has not got braces :p:laugh::laugh:
more to the point hope shes not a old aldy hahahaha:laugh:

Adam L
02-06-2009, 19:32
I got done with a bill last year for selling something at £420, I had to pay £60 in charges by the end of it. I was polite and courtious to the seller too and mailed the item out next day like I advertised. All I got back was stupid questions and snarky comments, then the **** didn't leave me any feedback.

That was the first thing i'd sold on ebay in about 5 years and I can honestly say, it's definately the last!!