PDA

View Full Version : Hello! new to the world of renault 5's

Ash_155
01-06-2009, 20:55
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hello, im new to the club and also the world of Renault 5 gt turbos.

I currently don't own one but i am in the market for buying one. I joined the club as i thought this would be the best place to try and source a good, clean, standard, solid example.

I have been looking for a while now but don't quite have the funds yet. I will be working with a budget of £2-£2.5k to try and source the best i can find. I think initially i would prefer a good solid shell as opposed to a good engine although a runner would be nice.

I've always wanted a 5 and any help, advice or nudges in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking!

raj
01-06-2009, 21:11
welcome to the psychiatric ward:D

ill be up for selling my 5 once ive finished off a few things:)

enjoy the club:agree:

Gttnutter
01-06-2009, 21:14
welcome

Thers always decent 5's being sold on here so this is most likly your best option

And for cash your wanting to spend i'm sure you'll get a good enough example you wont have to do much too :agree:

Blick
01-06-2009, 21:18
welcome 2 the club matey!!! :cooter:

all the best with your search for a 5..... :)
then you can be a 5 addict like the rest of us :laugh::laugh:

Ash_155
01-06-2009, 21:23

Well thats good then, when i decided i was going to pursue the idea of having a renault 5 i had a good look to see whether or not i was being realistic with my budget and what i wanted and its reassuring to hear that i am :agree:

My other concern was buying a nail so i may come seeking advice on what i should be looking for lol

Blick
01-06-2009, 21:28

Well thats good then, when i decided i was going to pursue the idea of having a renault 5 i had a good look to see whether or not i was being realistic with my budget and what i wanted and its reassuring to hear that i am :agree:

My other concern was buying a nail so i may come seeking advice on what i should be looking for lol

yes mate you should get a pretty clean 1 for that!!! you looking for standard? modded? or not fussed? :p

Big Steve - Raider
01-06-2009, 21:30
Welcome along Ash! :yeah:

Your budget should get you a nice 5 GTT ;) :niceone:

Ash_155
01-06-2009, 21:36

I'd like standard looks but a good solid sensible engine build just for "fast road" if you like. I'd buy with intention of it being my project/hobby

Blick
01-06-2009, 21:40

I'd like standard looks but a good solid sensible engine build just for "fast road" if you like. I'd buy with intention of it being my project/hobby

:agree:

Ash_155
01-06-2009, 21:45

:agree:

Should add, on going project/hobby and i am under no illusion it will be a cheap ride! lol

Blick
01-06-2009, 21:48

Should add, on going project/hobby and i am under no illusion it will be a cheap ride! lol

that goes for most on here i would imagine!!!! :laugh: im always messin with mine.... keeps me out of trouble. :laugh::laugh:

Ash_155
01-06-2009, 21:52

yes sometimes it amazes me how much people can invest on aftermarket parts and sell the car on for very little. I'm surprised more people don't put the cars back to standard and sell the parts seperatley.

However i have looked at some great examples on here definatley gives inspiration to opening ones wallet! :)

Ash_155
01-06-2009, 21:57

that goes for most on here i would imagine!!!! :laugh: im always messin with mine.... keeps me out of trouble. :laugh::laugh:

That car of yours is an absolute credit to you by the way, looks immaculate. Old school cool :smokin:

Blick
01-06-2009, 22:02

That car of yours is an absolute credit to you by the way, looks immaculate. Old school cool :smokin:

cheers :agree: shes not immaculate but she ent 2 bad.... would like a full resprey at some point. power is my main concern at the mo!!!! haha where in the midlands you from?

Ash_155
01-06-2009, 22:13

Looks solid though which is always a big plus point with an old car.

I live in derby, a friend/colleague at work rebuilt an old 5 and posted a blog on here, i think it was on the old site though and he isnt a member anymore. It was a white one, mark baker his name was don't know if anybody will know him?