PDA

View Full Version : Turbo

clee
17-09-2008, 18:15
As the GTA is working fine at the moment ( kiss-of-death ) I thought I'd see why the 21 was blowing a bit from up front .Now ......should there not be a bracket from the engine to the elbow ? Three of the studs have sheared off the turbine housing and one of the nuts to the core was loose .Also there is a crack in the manifold where highlighted .
I need to determine what housing it's got as it's a hybrid .Also should replace the manifold whilst I'm at it .Trouble is it's the daily driver so I'm going to have to sort it sharpish when I get round to it ........
Ahhh well , there's always something to do in the garage it seems :coffee:

Tiny Tim
17-09-2008, 18:48
They're for the heatshield Lee, so no need to panic. There should however be a steady bar from the turbo to the block - once I fitted my hybrid on my 21 the bar wouldnt fit.

Tiny Tim
17-09-2008, 18:51
Oh, and if I were you, get down to your local Renault dealership.... that was a recall about a year ago due to the turbo oil feeds/return going... they should replace it free of charge.

clee
17-09-2008, 19:07
Ahh yes, brain in gear now ,thanks Tim . I'm sure it had a recall listed in it's history file , sometime last year , would be that I assume .

Scoff
30-09-2008, 11:37
that looks like its been blowing loads from where the core bolts into the turbine casting.

paul b
30-09-2008, 11:41
if you get stuck, pop the manifold off, and the turbo and bring em over..

se if we can dig out the broken studs and retap it for you...

clee
30-09-2008, 12:28
Thanks Paul .Yeh ,it's been blowing a fair bit judging by all the soot :rolleyes:
Only got two wastegate studs holding it on and the core side also looks dodgy as Scoff says ....
I'll have to see when I can get hold of the car for a couple of days to sort it .Cant be doing the school run in Old Smokey ....Alll the young mums would get toooooo excited :laugh::laugh:

paul b
30-09-2008, 13:12
paint it red and get a stick on moustache......

Magnum PI all the way....