PDA

View Full Version : R5 Gts Prob!

jack joy
31-05-2009, 16:47
Thought it was time to give the old donky a bit of tlc! Stipped down & cleaned a spaire carb that was knocking around,as the idle screw thread had stripped on the one on there,just finnished putting it on,went for a test drive all was fine for the first half a mile,then suddenly it started runing like a sick pig, I only just got home and it almost dies when i let the clutch in :( I thought it might be a blocked jet or somthing, reeeeelllllyyyyyyyyyy don't wan't to dismantle it all again,spose that the "joy" of car maintanence! If any one has any better Ideas I'd be v greatfull;)
Cheers
Jack.

RICHIE
31-05-2009, 17:29
Thought it was time to give the old donky a bit of tlc! Stipped down & cleaned a spaire carb that was knocking around,as the idle screw thread had stripped on the one on there,just finnished putting it on,went for a test drive all was fine for the first half a mile,then suddenly it started runing like a sick pig, I only just got home and it almost dies when i let the clutch in :( I thought it might be a blocked jet or somthing, reeeeelllllyyyyyyyyyy don't wan't to dismantle it all again,spose that the "joy" of car maintanence! If any one has any better Ideas I'd be v greatfull;)
Cheers
Jack.

is the mixture screw in situ still. check for any air leaks

jack joy
31-05-2009, 19:15
have dismantled it again, the m/screw is in place with its rubber seal,but found that the t/pump injector seal was leaking,so replaced that ,put it back together ,went for a short spin all seamed ok:scared:,doesnt idle that smooth though,think your right about an air leak , should there be a gasket between the inlet manifold and the matal heat sheild?
Cheers for the advice.;)