PDA

View Full Version : hesitant on boost

jesus in the seat of a 5
31-05-2009, 12:32
As above folks, when my everyday runner/ track car was coming back from krissey m`s yesterday it seemed hesitant on boost , i drove it today to see some customers and again , it seems to boost fine and hold it etc one minute then it will seem flat and allmost like its not producing full boost etc , i havent changed a thing , i was wondering what people may be thinking as to what may be causing it and if anyone has had this symptom themselves before.
I think my tdc lead is fine, not a 100% sure if the aie is not breaking down with the heat as its right above the turbo {no shield} , i dont have any air leaks as far as i can see, the plugs look good...hmm, as i say its not all the time, its like its slipping off boost everynow and then...:scratch:...ahh bless these renos...:laugh:, any help would be great cheers people..jeebus.

jesus in the seat of a 5
31-05-2009, 12:52
maybe the actuator is not functioning correctly.....:scratch:

J$£5GTT
31-05-2009, 13:01
maybe she was just a bit warm with the weather....
dud fuel?
:cool:

Logg
31-05-2009, 13:02
I've had this sort of problem a few time's 1st was crap in the carb and the 2nd time was TDC wire! both only made the car hesitate on boost!

jesus in the seat of a 5
31-05-2009, 13:03
maybe she was just a bit warm with the weather....
dud fuel?
:cool:

@ last a reply.....:laugh:, possibly cos it is hot but it didnt do it on track about a month ago..hmm , i ll just keep checking things..fuel...maybe change filter..:confused:

jesus in the seat of a 5
31-05-2009, 13:05
I've had this sort of problem a few time's 1st was crap in the carb and the 2nd time was TDC wire! both only made the car hesitate on boost!

cheers logg, so how did ya get rid of the crap in the ole carb..simple way /hard way?..;)

Logg
31-05-2009, 13:19
my crap was in the carb bowl so cleaned it out and cleaned all the jets!

With the TDC wire at idle try moving the wire about and see if the car hesitate! cause it could be a poor conection that only happens when the engine rocks farward on boost!

jesus in the seat of a 5
31-05-2009, 13:23
my crap was in the carb bowl so cleaned it out and cleaned all the jets!

With the TDC wire at idle try moving the wire about and see if the car hesitate! cause it could be a poor conection that only happens when the engine rocks farward on boost!

sounds like a plan...back out i go...:laugh:, ta logg, its not too bad just bothers me..:)

Logg
31-05-2009, 13:29
sounds like a plan...back out i go...:laugh:, ta logg, its not too bad just bothers me..:)

Are you sure it's not just Nicole throwing her dummy out for not being taken to the Pod!

jesus in the seat of a 5
31-05-2009, 13:39
Are you sure it's not just Nicole throwing her dummy out for not being taken to the Pod!

:laugh:..she did that last week with a driveshaft...:laugh:, probally right though, so thats two things to put right on tuesday...:laugh:

HULK
12-01-2010, 20:30
Matt, what did you change after this happened as she still does it from time to time??

Jim

car.crash
12-01-2010, 20:33
Matt, what did you change after this happened ??

Jim

the car :laugh:

mr bean aka pete
12-01-2010, 20:58
could be a little bit of moister in the dizzy cap and when under load causing it to produce a weak spark, i had the same sort of problem turned out tobe the fuel filter

Brigsy
12-01-2010, 23:40
Possibly carb freeze in this weather!

philr5t
13-01-2010, 11:23
i had the same prob and it was a split in the main king lead and it was finding a metal part in the engine bay to ark against