PDA

View Full Version : new engine

turbodave
30-05-2009, 12:41
ok im sick to god with the c1j engine so been thinking about putting a 172 or 182 engine in.
how hard are they to turbo? what works involved, money?
anyone got one for sale? :D

James5
30-05-2009, 14:24
Best talking to scoff and ashy with ref to turbo f4r matey prob looking at around 3k all in on a do it yourself conversion though.
Standalone, intercooler & pipe run, better clutch, t3 turbo, custom manifold and downpipe, 172 phase 1 engine, better injectors and fuel rail prob 225 injectors and sparkies, lower comp of engine, ecu setup allthoygh scoff or ashy could help there aswell.

RICHIE
30-05-2009, 16:00
ok im sick to god with the c1j engine so been thinking about putting a 172 or 182 engine in.
how hard are they to turbo? what works involved, money?
anyone got one for sale? :D

dont take this the wrong way mate but the c1j is a basic engine and your struggling to get that one running so why would you go down a route that could potentially cause you alot more hassle.;) im not being nasty just my opinion:agree:

Matt Cole
30-05-2009, 16:26
dont take this the wrong way mate but the c1j is a basic engine and your struggling to get that one running so why would you go down a route that could potentially cause you alot more hassle.;) im not being nasty just my opinion:agree:

Its a very good engine too if its put together correctly.

turbodave
30-05-2009, 17:51
thats what i was thinking, if i get it all set up and built thats the hard bit, it will be a much more reliable engine when done. ive just done loads of work to my engine and now it wont start and crankshaft seals have gone.
if i chose to put one in but not turbo it how much is an engine and how hard is it to get into the bay.
what works involved?
thanks

James5
30-05-2009, 18:13
thats what i was thinking, if i get it all set up and built thats the hard bit, it will be a much more reliable engine when done. ive just done loads of work to my engine and now it wont start and crankshaft seals have gone.
if i chose to put one in but not turbo it how much is an engine and how hard is it to get into the bay.
what works involved?
thanks

Prob looking around £1.5k ish to get everything you need for N/A running to get it in is a tight fit best doing it with the gearbox on the engine out of the car:D

Cost me more than that as I got a phase 2 172 engine in the end then i had to purchase parts to convert it back to phase 1 172 which isn't cheap and takes time getting some of the parts

Blick
30-05-2009, 18:17
Prob looking around £1.5k ish to get everything you need for N/A running to get it in is a tight fit best doing it with the gearbox on the engine out of the car:D

still goin back down the old c1j route then james??? :p

James5
30-05-2009, 18:52
still goin back down the old c1j route then james??? :p

Yep still going c1j just awaiting an engine.

Blick
30-05-2009, 19:07
Yep still going c1j just awaiting an engine.

bet your gutted you got shot of all your old stuff now ent ya pal..... :cry:

turbodave
30-05-2009, 19:40
i really have no idea. put engine on 5 subframe with 5 suspension brakes etc or what?
engine mounts?
driveshafts?

Markey Mark (BD)
30-05-2009, 19:46
i really have no idea. put engine on 5 subframe with 5 suspension brakes etc or what?
engine mounts?
driveshafts?

I haven't done this conversion but from what i have seen you can use the 5 gt turbo gearbox or clio 172 box and it'll use the original 5 mounts for the box, driveshafts will fit into either.
On the engine mount side you'll need either a 5 gtx bracket or modify the original 5 gt one to fit to the 172 engine, not entirely sure how but think its 2 of the hloes don't line up so need re-drilling

James5
30-05-2009, 19:48
engine mounts?
driveshafts?

I used the 5 gearbox, the 5 driveshafts, the 5 rubber mounts, 5 suspension and the 5 subframe , the front engine mount bracket you will need to get of a r5 gtx, alternator bracket also of gtx. Stick with the 5 brakes you have got matey

turbodave
30-05-2009, 20:02
sounds promising, and ancileries, loom etc?

whats this difference between f4r and f7r?

if you have swapped back to c1j whats happened to your old engine?