PDA

View Full Version : best rolling road

Mike_R5GTT
26-05-2009, 18:52
im after some adverise on where the best place is to get my 5 set up, i live in sudbury so dont want to travel to far

Matt Cole
26-05-2009, 18:58
no idea where sudbury is but Motoscope in north yorkshire are IMO the best rollers.

Mike_R5GTT
26-05-2009, 19:04
ok i need some one who no alot about 5s

Bigfoot
26-05-2009, 19:12
Track & road in Rainham if you can persuade them your not going to blow a headgasket as they dont like the 5 for that reason, but they know their stuff.

markey b
26-05-2009, 19:17
engine advantages in colchester/chelmsford (cant remember which) were pretty good last time i used them.

jamsport in northampton too

Bigfoot
26-05-2009, 19:31
engine advantages in colchester/chelmsford (cant remember which) were pretty good last time i used them.

Closed down now and was in Witham

Dan O'Neill
26-05-2009, 21:00
Yeah jamsport is good, they are very big in the ford scene, also my mate Glen tuffnell who runs Dynotec developments his rolling road is very good,accurate power and torque figures. I put my fiesta st on them with just an air filter and got 166 bhp with 148lbft of torgue standard bhp is 148.

Ricardo
26-05-2009, 21:05
Track N Road Powerformance in Rainham, they won't fettle the carb that's down to you but their facilities and especially their knowledge is very good. You can book the use of the rollers, i paid £40 an hour and in that time we had an initial run to read AFR's, then whip the carb off, Marts legendary fettle work, back on then more runs, power runs etc. I had it on the rollers for 2hrs booked work time, the best £80 i spent that evening :)

Big Steve - Raider
26-05-2009, 21:10
The best £80 i spent that evening :)

The other £80 was for Party rings & splosh for Mart no-doubt! :laugh:

Ricardo
26-05-2009, 21:14
The other £80 was for Party rings & splosh for Mart no-doubt! :laugh:

They had a burger van there but not a cup of splosh in site! Disgusting :wasntme:

Mart
26-05-2009, 21:27
:laugh: That was a good evening me ol' mukka :agree: :cool:

Always happy to help out anyone with setting up a carb/ignition/mapping if you've got a session booked on the rollers...within reasonable distance of Mackem land of course :D

R5GTTRaider
26-05-2009, 21:28
whens people going up track and road again? im looking to go soon

Big Steve - Raider
26-05-2009, 21:28

Always happy to help out anyone with setting up a carb/ignition/mapping if you've got a session booked on the rollers...within reasonable distance of Mackem land of course :D

Ahem, within distance of Pod perhaps?! :sos:

Bigfoot
26-05-2009, 21:34
whens people going up track and road again? im looking to go soon

Im booked in on the 16th June for my next run and map to hopefully finish it off.

R5GTTRaider
26-05-2009, 21:36
that sounds perfect,
you any good with carbs?
ill get some better jets, i know mines overfueling big time.
tho ill have to see

Mart
26-05-2009, 21:41
Ahem, within distance of Pod perhaps?! :sos:

:agree: As per the PM...

Big Steve - Raider
26-05-2009, 21:44
:agree: As per the PM...

:yeah::goodJob::uhhuh:

Bigfoot
26-05-2009, 21:46
that sounds perfect,
you any good with carbs?
ill get some better jets, i know mines overfueling big time.
tho ill have to see

Haven't had a try, but wont have time really, as the rolling road is going to take hours on my car more than likely depending on how it goes really on the road up till then.

More than welcome to pop along and have a chat if you want though, take a read through the article on carbs, thats how I was going to build one when I need to install the engine in my other 5. All about reading and learning :)

R5GTTRaider
26-05-2009, 21:51
well why not get others together?
16th of june it is then :D:agree:

Ricardo
26-05-2009, 21:55

Muchos appreciated :agree: a shame it went on too late to get back over to the Jafflong

Good times

Bigfoot
26-05-2009, 22:01
well why not get others together?
16th of june it is then :D:agree:

Anyone is welcome to join along and watch, well watch my car smoke a bit due to the valve stem seals :(

Ive got the car booked in a 7pm, last time I was there was 8 till 1:30am, got a bit late but at least it got mapped enough to get through its MOT :D

Fingers cross now that the part which is causing the oil leak is being picked up tomorrow, put together tomorrow night and fire it up :)

R5GTTRaider
26-05-2009, 22:04
do they work that late :eek:
what time you got it booked, ill get in before you then :laugh:

Ricardo
26-05-2009, 22:06
Anyone is welcome to join along and watch, well watch my car smoke a bit due to the valve stem seals :(

Ive got the car booked in a 7pm, last time I was there was 8 till 1:30am, got a bit late but at least it got mapped enough to get through its MOT :D

Fingers cross now that the part which is causing the oil leak is being picked up tomorrow, put together tomorrow night and fire it up :)

Man it's been a while since it's been on the road Dale, fingers crossed :)

Mart
26-05-2009, 22:08
Good times

Sorely missed... :(

R5GTTRaider
26-05-2009, 22:09
you know u wanna :devil:

Bigfoot
26-05-2009, 22:21

Tell me about it, at least its finally getting there, just trying to solve the problems as they come about. Which seems to keep on happening, small things eash time but takes time to solve :(

They have a porsche going on the rollers before me, not sure how long its going to be, but with the type of cars they have im sure its going to be good to watch.

Ricardo
26-05-2009, 22:24
They have a porsche going on the rollers before me, not sure how long its going to be

Pack yer jim jams and sleeping bag :D

R5GTTRaider
26-05-2009, 22:26
Pack yer jim jams and sleeping bag :D
:laugh::laugh:
good to watch powerfull and nice sounding cars on thr rollers
you going on the 16th Ricardo

Ricardo
26-05-2009, 22:28
:laugh::laugh:
good to watch powerfull and nice sounding cars on thr rollers
you going on the 16th Ricardo

Yeah i might pop down for a while

R5GTTRaider
26-05-2009, 22:32
Yeah i might pop down for a while
:goodJob:

what time you booked in bigfoot

Bigfoot
26-05-2009, 22:36
:goodJob:

what time you booked in bigfoot

Booked in at 7pm this time round, so could be about 9 when it gets on there finally. They are great at time keeping :laugh:

But yes, could spend hours there watching some of the cars there, Seen a BMW M5, the tigra red top turbo, sierra running a pinto engine, C2 rally cross car. All sounding great on the rollers :D

Adam L
26-05-2009, 22:47

jamsport in northampton too

Umm, didn't EA go under last year because they where a load of turd...:laugh:

And when I took my Pulsar there for a RR event they were utterly stupid and couldn't figure out why my power was dropping off 2k rpm before it should have been. They also proceeded to rev it stupidly high when they could see it tailing off:rolleyes:

Bigfoot
26-05-2009, 22:50
Beginning of this year they just disappeared.

But heard stories that they didn't know much, plus they never liked working on anything which hasn't got a cosworth lump in it.

Adam L
26-05-2009, 22:52
They were dumb ****s, I had to tell the bloke what was wrong. He even asked me what I revved it to and still went past it... Fat ugly bellend.

R5GTTRaider
26-05-2009, 23:25
They were dumb ****s, I had to tell the bloke what was wrong. He even asked me what I revved it to and still went past it... Fat ugly bellend.
:laugh::wasntme:

ok ill see what thime they got, no doubht nowt knowing my luck

Bigfoot
26-05-2009, 23:32
:laugh::wasntme:

ok ill see what thime they got, no doubht nowt knowing my luck

Im guessing that part as well. he is back from holiday this thursday and was fully booked up till the 16th. So 2-3 week waiting really to just get on the rollers, unless he has smaller time slots he can put you in for.