Nayls
25-05-2009, 22:17
Got to replace mine tomorrow.

Never had to do one before so im just looking for any advice,

can everything else remain?

is it best to go from above or below?

Kris M
25-05-2009, 22:23
Depends on which OE brackets / heatshields you have in situe as to how easy it is :D

Nayls
25-05-2009, 22:45
Depends on which OE brackets / heatshields you have in situe as to how easy it is :D

you know the car mr M :)

im not sure what brackets/heatshields are on the car.

Kris M
25-05-2009, 22:51
3 bolts to hold the starter on, you might struggle to see the lower one but is IS there :D

The starter might still have the standard support bracket on the end that bolts to the back of the block

Take of the white ( exciter ) wire with the spade connecter off, aswell as undoing the 13mm nut and take off the battery and alt wires

When you wiggle the thing off, make sure you dont loose the locating dowel if it decides to come away with the starter ( most ive done have stayed in the box)

Once its off its just a case of how you can retreive it;), Depending on what brackets / headshields etc you have. You can either pull it out the top or out through the wheelarch :)

Have fun

Mart
25-05-2009, 22:52
16mm ratchet spanner will make life a bit easier.

markey b
25-05-2009, 23:17
dont forget to disconnect the battery before you start!!

Nayls
25-05-2009, 23:25
all good help! :agree: cheers

R5GTTRaider
25-05-2009, 23:38
what if the dowl comes out?
how is it possible to pull it out the top?

can it not come downwards?

markey b
25-05-2009, 23:46
what if the dowl comes out? put it back

how is it possible to pull it out the top? top as in up then out under the turbo

can it not come downwards? sorta, you can get it out the drivers side arch by going along the driveshaft and out under the chassis rails

:)

R5GTTRaider
26-05-2009, 00:02
put it back

top as in up then out under the turbo

sorta, you can get it out the drivers side arch by going along the driveshaft and out under the chassis rails

:)
what a night mare!!
is there enoth room to see up with a torch,
i gotta do all my engine mounts too,get them comming tomorrow, just a case of knowing how to do it