PDA

View Full Version : fitted side-exit and 2.5 downpipe

djinuk
24-05-2009, 21:07
Fitted my side exit system today along with teh single piece downpipe and elbow from Big Jims group buy. Enjoy the sound, however the tractor thing that people go on about is indeed true. Couple of blows i need to sort though...

First blow is at the bottom of the downpipe, however the eghaust springs i took off were both diffrent, one was 17mm nuts and one was 13mm so thats probably not helping. Also are the springs themselves meant to sit at the bottom of the split?

Second blow is at the turbo, this might just be simple, so ill check its all tight tomorrow, its only a tiny blow and seems most apparant when the car is idling and the blow dissapears when the revs are held on at about 2k. There is a meatl gasket , any chance this may need replacing?

R5GTTRaider
25-05-2009, 12:11
could well be the gasket, and i know if the spings arent tight it ethier blows, or creeks on idle! ive done mine up to the stop on the bolt, can be done under the car, bit of a fiddle lol

so whats this 2.5 downpipe like? as you say its one piece
mines front the turbo to the downpipe,hard to tell tho, any stamps or the fact the pipe is 2.5" dia

djinuk
26-05-2009, 07:27
Well ive ordered a new set of exhaust springs so they should behere tomorrow, i also think i have a spare turbo gasket sat in the 205 so ill see if thats any better.

The downpipe is from this group buy mate.

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=3675

Blick
26-05-2009, 08:53
changed my manifold gasket and my downpipe 2 a 2.5 yesturday.... only thing i had abit of grief with was the bottom of the downpipe, fitting it all back 2gether! right pain in the ass!!! think i had2 break my hand in about 7 places 2 get the thread back through. :laugh::laugh: ohh and springs where on the bottom of mine. :agree: