PDA

View Full Version : gettin ready for national day

jesus in the seat of a 5
24-05-2009, 19:01
Sorting the ole cup car bit by bit, not that it needed much but i have the scuttle bay boost meter up and running correctly and ive refurbed the battery tray etc etc , most importantly i have bought this beauty...i re-rustproofed it todat and greased it right up....:), i also bought a 2ltr turbo diesel citroen to pull it...nat day ahoy`...:)

Penfold aka The Dealer
24-05-2009, 19:27
Trailer looks abit flimsy...but hey if it does the job the sweet as.

Why wait til ND, why not do pod aswell...

Tiny Tim
24-05-2009, 19:33
Trailer looks abit flimsy......

Hmm. I'll await your call the morning of Nat day Oh holy one. I've got some with a bit of torque.

Os8472
24-05-2009, 20:03
Nice to see someone preping for national day, although I started my prep a week before national day last year lol

Tiny Tim
24-05-2009, 20:04
Nice to see someone preping for national day, although I started my prep a week before national day last year lol

I know what you mean. God what have I got to do this year before nat day... oooo

1. Fill the tank

2. Buy beer

The horror :laugh:

The new Bill J
24-05-2009, 20:05
I know what you mean. God what have I got to do this year before nat day... oooo

1. Fill the tank

2. Buy beer

3. Pack the crash helmet (whether you're on track or not) :laugh:

Tiny Tim
24-05-2009, 20:07
3. Pack the crash helmet (whether you're on track or not) :laugh:

A-hole! :laugh:

But yes, I might do a couple of laps in the Tokyo Taxi. Why not. (apologies in advance for getting in peoples way)

Os8472
24-05-2009, 20:09

1. Fill the tank

2. Buy beer

Wish it was that easy :( if I'd left the carb in place I wouldn't be worried but right now I'm scared that the mapping won't go well next month and there is no chance of getting it booked in again before national day, I really don't wanna spend another half a day limping round the track witha 4500rev limit

jesus in the seat of a 5
24-05-2009, 20:13
Hmm. I'll await your call the morning of Nat day Oh holy one. I've got some with a bit of torque.

cheeky feekers... ;), if it works it works...:D, gotta get there somehow...:p

jesus in the seat of a 5
25-05-2009, 09:33
Trailer looks abit flimsy...but hey if it does the job the sweet as.

Why wait til ND, why not do pod aswell...

:laugh:..its all about the towing weight you fool...;), why spend a fortune on fuel and make the car towing struggle like feck....:(, as long as it dont fall apart im quids in..:D..it used to tow a caterham then a lotus so i should be fine..:scared:..:laugh:

clee
25-05-2009, 10:06
Trailer envy Jeesss :sad2:
Wot they got then aye ?

Tiny Tim
25-05-2009, 10:14
Trailer envy Jeesss :sad2:
Wot they got then aye ?

A road legal car :(

Andrew Cooke
25-05-2009, 11:06
:laugh:..its all about the towing weight you fool...;), why spend a fortune on fuel and make the car towing struggle like feck....:(, as long as it dont fall apart im quids in..:D..it used to tow a caterham then a lotus so i should be fine..:scared:..:laugh:

you might struggle to get the 5 far enough back, I guess if it's full of wheels it'll be fine.

jesus in the seat of a 5
25-05-2009, 11:21
you might struggle to get the 5 far enough back, I guess if it's full of wheels it'll be fine.

ive measured it and it fits fine, do you mean weight over the wheels andy?..:confused:

Andrew Cooke
25-05-2009, 11:27
ive measured it and it fits fine, do you mean weight over the wheels andy?..:confused:

no, towbar weight, life's a lot simpler with a twin axle (until it comes to moving it around with a tow car..)

jesus in the seat of a 5
25-05-2009, 11:34
no, towbar weight, life's a lot simpler with a twin axle (until it comes to moving it around with a tow car..)

:agree:..ahh i see now , im sure my burly arms will cope with it...:laugh:, its only a few times a year i suppose..;), i purchased it with weight in mind cos im towing it with a citroen 1.9 diesel car..:crap:..:laugh:, hopefully it will do the job boys...:)

James5
27-05-2009, 12:02
Things to do

Get an engine,
Get a front mount intercooler,
Re-wire back for C1J running,
Fill tank with petrol,
MOT,
May wash it if have enough time

JRP
27-05-2009, 21:57
Full body restoration
Build an engine
buy a turbo
buy hoses
buy seats

you know what sod this... build a whole dam car

Kris M
27-05-2009, 22:01
Got to get a passenger harness + secure passenger seat in the cup. Also need to change oil return pipe on front of sump

On a more pressing note, i need to service my newly aquired trailer + fit a towbar :D