PDA

View Full Version : carb hesitation

Nayls
23-05-2009, 16:31
Been messing about with the carbs i have & im quite happy with the fuelling,apart from when i change gear & go back on throttle,it hesitates for a second.

any ideas what might be causing this?

Mart
23-05-2009, 16:33
Could be either over-fuelling/fuel leaking into the venturi via a dodgy acc' pump jet seal, or the acc' pump jet (read travel) isn't setup correctly (or working at all).

Nayls
23-05-2009, 16:47
Could be either over-fuelling/fuel leaking into the venturi via a dodgy acc' pump jet seal, or the acc' pump jet (read travel) isn't setup correctly (or working at all).

I'l rebuild it then as i did just throw it together with bit's off many carbs using old gaskets just to see if it was any good :scared:

how do i setup the travel on the acc pump?

Mart
23-05-2009, 17:46
5mm. I explained how to set it up in a previous thread - I'll see if I can dig it out...

Nayls
23-05-2009, 17:59
5mm. I explained how to set it up in a previous thread - I'll see if I can dig it out...

:cool: i've had a quick look but cant find anything.

James5
23-05-2009, 18:05
:cool: i've had a quick look but cant find anything.

5mm Drill bit against slot beside throttle butterfly, then let throttle butterfly rest against drill bit then adjust the small bolt to ac pump so that the ac pump Is pushed fully in when the drill bit in place.

I think the thread it was on was an adey spec racing thread if memory serve me write unable to search as am on the itouch so sausage fingers not helping