PDA

View Full Version : Thanks rtoc family

TrixNFlix
22-05-2009, 22:49
Ok guys 8 months of owning my r5 and nothing but problems, i have just finished my rebuild. Pretty feckin happy with the amount of knowledge i have accumulated from you guys on here:agree:.

The big momemnt was tonight when i was to start her up for the first time. Took the king lead off and got the pressure up. My hands were all sweaty, will she wont she........... First turn of key with king lead on BANG.............................................. .:eek:

J8TRO
22-05-2009, 23:04
Ok guys 8 months of owning my r5 and nothing but problems, i have just finished my rebuild. Pretty feckin happy with the amount of knowledge i have accumulated from you guys on here:agree:.

The big momemnt was tonight when i was to start her up for the first time. Took the king lead off and got the pressure up. My hands were all sweaty, will she wont she........... First turn of key with king lead on BANG.............................................. .:eek:

So....................who hit you over the head? the suspense is killing me

Rob@Backyardracing
22-05-2009, 23:10
Well done Andy :agree:

TrixNFlix
22-05-2009, 23:25
............... it sprung into life. Feck me it was emotional, just stood there like a gimp feeling proud with a massive grin on my face. Let it idle for about 30 mins then had to come home. Rad kicks in at the right temp too. Cant wait to get out next week in it.:) This is what it must feel like when you become a dad:D

Anyways got to leave it this weekend as ive got to go down london town to see girlfriend :disagree:

Thanks to everyone on here for their support and advice. 8 months ago i knew nothing about engines, not even fully grasping how they worked :ashamed: Hopefully this will give fellow novices the confidence to tackle engine problems themselves, caus if i can do it you can too.:laugh::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agr ee::agree::agree::agree::agree:

jesus in the seat of a 5
23-05-2009, 08:08
:D..well done andy , good on you for not giving up, just think of all you have learnt, im chuffed to bits for you buddy...:agree:, the grin factor of the 5....nothing compares..well for me @ least..:)

Tiny Tim
23-05-2009, 08:47
....This is what it must feel like when you become a dad:D...

To small, mechanical car babies maybe... :scared:

Nice work though mate, it's always a good feeling to know that you've acheived something new. :agree:

djinuk
23-05-2009, 19:05
I find when ever i have a car to bits for a long time.. i start becoming paranoid that its never going to work again.. Good work , i hope mine goes aswell as yours has and starts up first time

bye_all_c_ya
24-05-2009, 13:34
just done the same myself its great 3rd best thing ive ever done building my own 5
1st my 6 month old son
2nd the gf ( she is looking over my shoulder)
3rd building the 5 top to bottom

may switch 2 and 3 later