PDA

View Full Version : Carb Jets

FurioKid
20-05-2009, 00:02
Just wondering if someone can give some advice.

I freshly built c1j engine which is running a balanced crank and flywheel, new standard pistons, side exit exhaust, big custom intercooler, KTR180 hybrid turbo and the standard carb.

firstly what sort of psi do you think i could turn it upto safely once the engines run in?
secondly do the carb jets need changing really to cope with the uprated parts??

Thanks in advance

jantheeven
20-05-2009, 11:08
Use the search function mate... there are numerous threads regarding jetting the carb :coffee:

Rob1980
20-05-2009, 13:08
Just wondering if someone can give some advice.

I freshly built c1j engine which is running a balanced crank and flywheel, new standard pistons, side exit exhaust, big custom intercooler, KTR180 hybrid turbo and the standard carb.

firstly what sort of psi do you think i could turn it upto safely once the engines run in?
secondly do the carb jets need changing really to cope with the uprated parts??

Thanks in advance

A KTR180 is still only a t2 I think?? Im sure someone will confirm. 14 or 15 psi will be reaching the limit for it I would have thought. Standard jets should be fine, get it on some rollers to fuel it correctly. I suggest buying an AFR gauge as well.

James5
20-05-2009, 14:00
A KTR180 is still only a t2 I think?? Im sure someone will confirm. 14 or 15 psi will be reaching the limit for it I would have thought. Standard jets should be fine, get it on some rollers to fuel it correctly. I suggest buying an AFR gauge as well.

I remember reading on the old forum that the KTR 180 is a t2 but has a larger T2 compressor housing of a land rover.

Nayls
20-05-2009, 15:29
I remember reading on the old forum that the KTR 180 is a t2 but has a larger T2 compressor housing of a land rover.

wheel not housing mate i think

FurioKid
20-05-2009, 17:25
K-tec say the ktr180 should run 20 psi with the right set up but was thinking more 15-16psi as a safe boost level?