PDA

View Full Version : Rear torsion bar

Tillax
19-05-2009, 15:43
Hello,

I've just fitted a set of Koni sport shocks front and rear. This has lowered the front end by about 30mm and I used the springs that came with the set. The rear of the car now appears to sit a little higher than it did relative to the front, obviously because it has not been adjusted.

I am aware that the rear is supposed to sit slightly higher than the front but does anybody know how far I should adjust the rear, if at all and is there any details of this in the Haynes manual?

Thanks in advance :)

tiff_lee
19-05-2009, 15:51
Guide here on lowering the torsion bar

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4516

not sure on how far you can go though?

Tillax
19-05-2009, 15:59
Thanks for that,

It is a good guide but what I'm really after is information on how far I ned to lower it relative to the front based on the 30mm drop at the front.

Thanks

Markey Mark (BD)
19-05-2009, 16:36
Measure the height of the sill to the floor at the front, then do the same for the back. The difference will be the amount you need to lower it at the back to cring it level

Tillax
19-05-2009, 16:51
Measure the height of the sill to the floor at the front, then do the same for the back. The difference will be the amount you need to lower it at the back to cring it level

Thanks for that, the dificulty that I'm having is that I thought the rear was supposed to be marginally higher than the front, at least i think that's how they were when they were first made?

Markey Mark (BD)
19-05-2009, 17:46
Thanks for that, the dificulty that I'm having is that I thought the rear was supposed to be marginally higher than the front, at least i think that's how they were when they were first made?

Yeah they were but can't think what the difference is. Just lower the back to suit how you like it

Hoolio
19-05-2009, 17:47
Looks like it has to be 20mm, but the info is on page 9,1 9,2 and 9,12 of Haynes;

James5
19-05-2009, 18:09
Don't forget to adjust the rear brake compensator