PDA

View Full Version : 99 problems

Shakes
18-05-2009, 21:09
ok im having so many problems with my 5, i decided to make this thread so i can keep using it lol,
ok heres my new problem, i took the carb of fitted all new gaskets to it & gave it a good clean.
put it back on fired her up fine, but now the exaleration pedal is all floopy and cant rev her at all, so does anyone know where the ajustments are for the throttle cable please?
thanx;)

Kris M
18-05-2009, 21:13
Whilst the carb was off, did you check the jets to see what spec the carb is, standard etc etc ???

, there is a little pinch clamp thing down near the back of the carb which pinches the outer part of the throttle cable, loosten the 10mm bolt, ajust the outer part of the cable to get it where you want it, then do the pinch bolt thing back up

Also, are you sure you have the throttle return spring connected ????

D4WNO
18-05-2009, 21:17
These 2 threads may help...

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=5463&highlight=throttle+cable

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=714&highlight=throttle+cable

Shakes
18-05-2009, 21:59
Whilst the carb was off, did you check the jets to see what spec the carb is, standard etc etc ???

, there is a little pinch clamp thing down near the back of the carb which pinches the outer part of the throttle cable, loosten the 10mm bolt, ajust the outer part of the cable to get it where you want it, then do the pinch bolt thing back up

Also, are you sure you have the throttle return spring connected ????

all i know is its a solex carb, not sure what jets are in there.
the throttle spring is definatly connected.
i didnt see a clamp i will have a good look for it tommorow
thanks for the help buddy at least it sounds like a fairly easy job ;)

Shakes
18-05-2009, 22:01
thanks d4wno very helpfull link :)

Kris M
18-05-2009, 22:15
Right, look where ive circled these 2 pics, thats the bit im on about. The way your throttle cable is routed / setup may be different to that in the second pic, but there afew different ways renault / people have routed the cable

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=53&pictureid=6632

www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=53&pictureid=6631 (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=53&pictureid=6631)

:)

Shakes
19-05-2009, 11:57
Right, look where ive circled these 2 pics, thats the bit im on about. The way your throttle cable is routed / setup may be different to that in the second pic, but there afew different ways renault / people have routed the cable

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=53&pictureid=6632

www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=53&pictureid=6631 (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=53&pictureid=6631)

exellent thanks kris, sorted now ;)
chers buddy:)

Shakes
19-05-2009, 17:52
sweet new turbo fitted other problems solved the cars running super sweet :)
for those of you who seen the state of the bay when i got the car less than a month ago heres some pics of it now getting there slowly;)
thanks for the help everyone :cool:

jesus in the seat of a 5
19-05-2009, 17:58
sweet new turbo fitted other problems solved the cars running super sweet :)
for those of you who seen the state of the bay when i got the car less than a month ago heres some pics of it now getting there slowly;)
thanks for the help everyone :cool:

:smokin:..thats more like it luke, well youve had my turbo..why not come over on friday an collect this leather interior...........:Dohh an you owe me for that private jesus helpline you been running...;)...:agree:..:laugh:, ps ill have my wheels too....:cooter:

rs250nut
19-05-2009, 18:04
I spy a hose missing off the carb

Shakes
19-05-2009, 18:05
haha cool mate, was trying to ring u earlyer was gonna pop your wheels round in a bit, i fancy a nice drive gimmie a ring buddy ;)

TrixNFlix
19-05-2009, 18:06
looking good:cool:. Just a quick note, get some piping on that fuel over flow to the front of the block in the second pic:agree:

Shakes
19-05-2009, 18:06
I spy a hose missing off the carb

what hose is it buddy and where does it go?

Shakes
19-05-2009, 18:07
looking good:cool:. Just a quick note, get some piping on that fuel over flow to the front of the block in the second pic:agree:

haha yea of course thats the hose i forgot to put back on ill do it now :P

jesus in the seat of a 5
19-05-2009, 18:07
haha cool mate, was trying to ring u earlyer was gonna pop your wheels round in a bit, i fancy a nice drive gimmie a ring buddy ;)

im going out for tea buddy , another night would be better..wife time...:laugh:, glad your getting therewith the ole girl...:D

TrixNFlix
19-05-2009, 18:10
jesus gives out wife time? whens it my go :cooter:

jesus in the seat of a 5
19-05-2009, 18:11
jesus gives out wife time? whens it my go :cooter:

:laugh:..oe parts are taken as payment..:laugh:

Shakes
19-05-2009, 18:11
c00l ok mate have fun ;)
let me know when were clear for the interior wanna try get it fitted on the weekend

TrixNFlix
19-05-2009, 18:15
..oe parts are taken as payment..:laugh:

Should of known :rolleyes:

I've got a lovely oe bad boy bonnet .............:cry:

TrixNFlix
19-05-2009, 18:17
hey luke , what interior has matty lined up for you?

jesus in the seat of a 5
19-05-2009, 18:18

That will only buy you foreplay...:laugh:..:wasntme:

Luke, ill ring you tommorw afternoon bud to arrange somethin...:D

Shakes
19-05-2009, 18:21
ok matt dont wanna rush you antime thats best for you just want it by monday morning really ;)
trix its the nice white and black leather from matts old showcar.
theys baby's:)
i also need to name my 5 any suggestions?

Nayls
19-05-2009, 18:23

Luke, ill ring you tommorw afternoon bud to arrange somethin...:D

Is this the 2nd inline after mr m for the fritz treatment you were talking about jee!?

good lad! :laugh:

TrixNFlix
19-05-2009, 18:28
I thought so :agree: seen it in the flesh and its immaculate:)
hummm what could you call the five..........

Riley:D

Shakes
19-05-2009, 18:39
I thought so :agree: seen it in the flesh and its immaculate:)
hummm what could you call the five..........

Riley:D

hmm na i was thinking more along the lines of a females name perhaps a famous one with alot of problems.
or maybee i should just call my 5........ P.M.T?

TrixNFlix
19-05-2009, 19:02
Esme or amelie??? their cool french names.

Shakes
19-05-2009, 19:23
yea there nice names, that kinda reminds me of someone i used to know years ago called estee.
so im gonna name my 5 after her so ESTEE it is i, ive googled it & it says its origin is french so perfect :D

TrixNFlix
19-05-2009, 19:29
............so luke hows Estee today?:laugh:

Shakes
19-05-2009, 19:32
:laugh::laugh::laugh::wasntme::laugh::laugh::laugh : as good as i remember her al them years ago :laugh::laugh::laugh::wasntme::laugh::laugh:

TrixNFlix
19-05-2009, 19:34
Ahh the memories:cooter:

RICHIE
19-05-2009, 19:37
haha yea of course thats the hose i forgot to put back on ill do it now :P

its not a fuel overflow pipe;)

RICHIE
19-05-2009, 19:38

TrixNFlix
19-05-2009, 19:40
is it not the needle valve overflow?

Shakes
19-05-2009, 19:41
what pipe is it richie and where does it go m8?

The new Bill J
19-05-2009, 19:52

I reckon I can go for marriage :laugh:

jesus in the seat of a 5
19-05-2009, 20:47
I reckon I can go for marriage :laugh:

ill dive in your bed for a rummage underneath it billy boy..............:laugh:...;)

The new Bill J
19-05-2009, 20:56
ill dive in your bed for a rummage underneath it billy boy..............:laugh:...;)

*Billy quickly removes his stash of new, oe parts from under his bed*

:laugh:

R5GTTRaider
19-05-2009, 21:07
yea there nice names, that kinda reminds me of someone i used to know years ago called estee.
so im gonna name my 5 after her so ESTEE it is i, ive googled it & it says its origin is french so perfect :D
Meaning of "Estee"

French name http://www.meaning-of-names.com/images/spacer.gif

In French, the name Estee means- Star... Other origins for the name Estee include - French, Belgian.The name Estee is most often used as a girl name or female name.

French Meaning - Star..
Origin - French
Alternate Origins - Belgian (http://www.meaning-of-names.com/belgian-names/estee.asp)

soo. it means your car is a star!!

Shakes
19-05-2009, 21:50
c00l tx for the info there matt, just been out in her for a couple of hours shes running great, just need to sort the boost out getting a bit of lagg ;)

RICHIE
19-05-2009, 22:24
what pipe is it richie and where does it go m8?

the pipe still goes to atmosphere. but its not a fuel over fill pipe as such its if the diaphram splits. im sure mart will be more specific about it.

Shakes
28-05-2009, 16:01
EMERGANCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please has anyone local to me got a spare hose that connects from the turbo to the air filter i need this before pod please help:dearme:

Big Steve - Raider
28-05-2009, 16:04
Either Jesus, Adey AKA Ewok or Krissy M are nearish?!

Shakes
28-05-2009, 16:36
ok temporarly sorted i pinched the hose and k&n from my brothers smashed up civic (with his permision of course)
it should get me to pod, if anyone has a silacone hose for this they want to sell and can take to pod please let me know thanks luke:cooter:

Shakes
30-05-2009, 22:19
need to get my carb set up propperly, im told i need a lm1?.
is this the correct name as im having trouble finding one

djinuk
30-05-2009, 23:30
not sayins buy off this guy but i believe this is the kit your refering to.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Innovate-Motorsports-LM-1-Wide-Band-Oxygen-Sensor-LM1_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2ea123293dQQitemZ20 0271931709QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcce ssories

Shakes
01-06-2009, 17:39
ok so i tell my bro i need to get a lm1, he says he has one @ collage, and he brings this co meter home.
so while its here is it any use on the 5????????

Nayls
01-06-2009, 22:36
ok so i tell my bro i need to get a lm1, he says he has one @ collage, and he brings this co meter home.
so while its here is it any use on the 5????????

:laugh::laugh:

fook me!!!! i thought lm1's were bulky & hard to mount on the dash!! that fooker needs a seat!

Shakes
01-06-2009, 22:49
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::wasntme::laugh::laugh ::laugh::laugh:

rs250nut
02-06-2009, 16:56
Any wideband kit will do the job luke, they dont sell lm-1s anymore least I dont think they do.:)

Shakes
02-06-2009, 17:14
Right that does it ive had it with this fecking car!!!!! everytime i sort a problem another one crops up....today the exhaust was blowing so i took it to be fixed, they did a great job its fine now, but 30mins later the mixture screw has flew out of the carb some how & now it wont idle.
so far ive bought
new ht leads
new ngk plugs
new dizzy cap & rotor arm
refurbed the carb
new ally carb head
new fmic
t25 turbo
new discs & pads
new silicone hoses
new leather interior
& so much more.
ive had it with spending money on this bloody thing that just lets me down all the time :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::disagree::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Nayls
02-06-2009, 17:17
Right that does it ive had it with this fecking car!!!!! everytime i sort a problem another one crops up....today the exhaust was blowing so i took it to be fixed, they did a great job its fine now, but 30mins later the mixture screw has flew out of the carb some how & now it wont idle.
so far ive bought
new ht leads
new ngk plugs
refurbed the carb
new ally carb head
new fmic
t25 turbo
new discs & pads
new silicone hoses
new leather interior
& so much more.
ive had it with spending money on this bloody thing that just lets me down all the time :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::disagree::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I know EXACTLY how you feel mate! i was the same the other day! it was nearly up for sale! :laugh:

it wont idle without a mix screw!! replace it & set the mix again,then stick it bit of silicone,paper or something in the hole to stop it coming out.

Brigsy
02-06-2009, 17:22
The list of stuff ain't too bad for a car knocking on 20 yr old that's probably had a few chav owners in its time. Keep at it & it will be reliable:)

Alex
02-06-2009, 17:23
A new mixture screw will only cost a matter of pence from Renault...

Big Steve - Raider
02-06-2009, 17:27
Caaaaalllllmmmmmm down Sh1tter, everything will be alright soon enough!! ;);)

You just need to think about it a little differently that's all!

Take a look at your list and split it down into sections & it doesn't look too bad:

Service Items - Need replacing as a matter of course on any car in time!
new ht leads
new ngk plugs
refurbed the carb
new discs & pads

Performance Upgrades - Improve the performance of your car
new ally carb head
new fmic
t25 turbo
new silicone hoses

Styling/Tuning Upgrades - Make it more desirable
new leather interior

When you look at it like that you're improving it! ;)

Hell these cars are getting on a bit now so they need a bit of TLC now & again! Get your hands dirty mate & do the work yourself, I've done 90% of the work on my 5 & learnt so much more about it whilst I did it!

Shakes
02-06-2009, 18:21
yea ill keep plodding along with her for now! but shes had her final warning, any more sh1t & ill trade her in for a jap model ffs
i seen someone selling some mixture screws a while back, cant find them now, anyone know who it was or does anyone have 1 for sale they can mail asap, i know renault will take there time.;)

Brigsy
02-06-2009, 18:46
Ive got a few new mixture screws here, Pm coming your way...

Shakes
04-06-2009, 15:52
been having another problem, my car will idle fine stationary but when i stop at junktions it immidiatly cuts out, i turn the key it fires up and idles fine again untill the next time i stop. ive tryed ajusting the idle speed, and the mixture with no joy..
anyway i didnt want to keeep bugging you so i took the carb of to see what the problem could be, firstly i notice the float ball is split both sides of the plastic that holds it onto the bar. does anyone have a float ball for sale?.
secondly i get asked what jets i have and i dont know, is this the jet pictured here? if so all it has written on it is the number 40.
while the carb is off is there anything i need to check or adjust?
many thanx.

Big Steve - Raider
04-06-2009, 16:05
been having another problem, my car will idle fine stationary but when i stop at junktions it immidiatly cuts out, i turn the key it fires up and idles fine again untill the next time i stop. ive tryed ajusting the idle speed, and the mixture with no joy..
anyway i didnt want to keeep bugging you so i took the carb of to see what the problem could be, firstly i notice the float ball is split both sides of the plastic that holds it onto the bar. does anyone have a float ball for sale?.
secondly i get asked what jets i have and i dont know, is this the jet pictured here? if so all it has written on it is the number 40.
while the carb is off is there anything i need to check or adjust?
many thanx.

Sh!tter's got 99 problems & a b1tch ain't one! :p

I had a lesson in Carbs at the weekend and have learnt more than i thought!! That picture on the left is of the Emulsion Tube, it fires a bit of fuel into the carb when you push the accelerator and the little lever on the back of the carb pushed the diaphram in. The main barrel of the emulsion tube can be CAREFULLY twisted apart (it's copper so don't go too heavy handed) and you'll basically get a little spring & ball bearing out of it, make sure that it's all clean and then back flush it with a bit of carb/brake cleaner.

The main jet is in the bottom of the bowl of the carb that is possibly full of fuel. You'll see a 12mm bolt that you need to take out that allows you to unscrew the main jet.

The standard main jet is 1.2mm in diameter & it may have 1.20 stamped on it, it not you'll need a micro drill bit to realise what size the hole is! :D

Shakes
04-06-2009, 16:27
thanks steve this helps, ive got the jet out and it has 1.20 stamped on it, so thats the standard jet right?

Brigsy
04-06-2009, 17:19
Somebody may have drilled the main jet out so measure the hole;)

Shakes
04-06-2009, 18:02
too late i put it all back together now the jet looked pritty clean & not drilled, and its running smooth cheers steve:agree:

DaveMayGTT
05-06-2009, 08:48
thanks steve this helps, ive got the jet out and it has 1.20 stamped on it, so thats the standard jet right?

Edit : Wow, way too slow :P

djinuk
05-06-2009, 09:20
Im in the same boat as you mate, check all my problem threads, i try not to bug folks on the boards but it just seems one problem after another :(. With regards to mixture screws, matty J has lots, ive just brought 5 of them, nothing better than a few spares :)

Shakes
30-06-2009, 15:54
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:brickwall::brick wall:
been stuck underneath the car all day trying to get this fricking downpipe bolted back on still no joy.
there is hardly any room to move, trying to get the springs in place and move the bolts through the holes......is there an eaysier way to do this?:mad:

phase i 16 v turbo
30-06-2009, 15:56
Pay someone else to do it :laugh:

Shakes
30-06-2009, 16:00
Pay someone else to do it :laugh:
wanna earn a fiver ;)

Nayls
30-06-2009, 16:14
wanna earn a fiver ;)

if i was closer mate or you could come & get me i'd do it for ya :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
30-06-2009, 17:50
if i was closer mate or you could come & get me i'd do it for ya :)

Maybe you could do it @ one of the meets.......:wasntme:

J$£5GTT
30-06-2009, 18:49
Maybe you could do it @ one of the meets.......:wasntme:

yeah ya dogger drag ur fat ass along......:cooter:

Spooky
30-06-2009, 19:33
ill do it :D