PDA

View Full Version : Help with wires

bernard
18-05-2009, 19:30
I was wondering if anyone would know what these two wires in the picture are for, the brown wire comes from what I think is the fan relay and the black wire comes out the loom were the relay wires go. I dont think ive ever had the fan come on by its self as Ive always had a switch in the car. I want to get it sorted now but still keep the manual switch. cheers

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e378/bernardpolo/100_5143.jpg

Big Steve - Raider
18-05-2009, 21:28
Probably something to do with that crappy fan switch you've got on the dash??

Just clean the coolant system out & ditch the manual fan switch ;)

bernard
18-05-2009, 22:07
I know how the switch on the dash is wired up but those wires could have been the reason why someone fitted the switch in the first place , Thats what im trying to achieve is to get the fan to work as it should. cooling system gets plenty of flushes thats not the problem. Could someone please have a look at there own wiring in the same place, when you have a chance, im putting in a new rad tomorrow and would like to sort at the same time. thanks

bernard
19-05-2009, 10:07
right the black wire goes to a earth on the front of the block and the brown wire must go on the fan connection is this right? would the brown wire go to the positive or negative on the fan?

Nick k
19-05-2009, 21:35
Brown looking at its size is the fan supply. ( goes on red wire on fan motor )

Black is the earth, Black wire on fan motor,

There should be another thick wire going to the relay which comes off the back of the alternator + terminal. Thats supplies the relay with power to drive the fan. :agree: