PDA

View Full Version : do I dont I

TrixNFlix
16-05-2009, 19:04
Just fitted my turbo oil feed and filter and it fits beautifully....................................... ... without the one way valve.:D Should i bin the one way valve or not???:scratch:

i l k e r
16-05-2009, 19:26
never had any problems running without one, but it would be wise to keep it on.

Scoff
16-05-2009, 19:29
its there to try and help get pressure up the moment you start, save the oil draining away out of the feed line. On a laggier turbo I'd leave it out, you loose a few psi of oil across that valve and the lairy turbo is hardly likely to spin much for the first second or 2 after firing. If it's a standard turbo or something else pretty small then best to leave it inplace.

TrixNFlix
16-05-2009, 20:13
seriously guys their is no way it will fit on with the one way valve. As you can see on the pic the oil feed is under alot of tension as it is with out it. :eek:The turbo is supposed to be a t25. oh what to do.:sad2:

Sparkie
16-05-2009, 21:11
on a seperate note - i turned the one way valve into a turbo oil feed filter with a small mesh thimble - works well.
ill see if i can find a supplier of the 'thimbles' as they are a aircon compressor guard..

bernard
16-05-2009, 22:02
Did you get that from hose solutions, if you did when I got one is was about 100mm to long, and he then sent me a smaller in length hose looks like hes changed the size now which is good.

TrixNFlix
16-05-2009, 22:11
yep bernard, arrived yesterday from hose solutions. very nice quality hose

bernard
16-05-2009, 23:12
I cant explain enough how important a oil filter is I wrecked a new turbo in 500miles because I fitted it with my rebuilt engine even so its nice to actually get rid of any swaf running around your engine.