PDA

View Full Version : Raider is reborn

hydrotec78
16-05-2009, 12:02
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I picked up a Raider couple of weeks ago after Marky Mark (BD) finaly talked me in to turning the clock back 12 years.

Its in abit of a sorry state as its been sitting (not so pritty) since 2004.

Its had a small front ender and some bad engine work !!!!!!!!!

I desided to take off the head as i was told the head gasket had gone and by god i was glade i did as the haed bolts where ,for want of a better word, undone and number 4 piston and liner buggered.! :mad:

So far Mike at http://www.gt-turbo-spares.co.uk/ (http://www.gt-turbo-spares.co.uk/) has been a great help finding the bits i need so im nearly all there.

I was planing to keep the car fully standard but again after seeing Marky Marks car day in and day out whilst working on other things a view little upgrades are coming through. :rolleyes:

There are some pics on my profile page of how bad it is, i will update them going forward. And as for now time to get craking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R5GTTRaider
16-05-2009, 12:33
if you replace the bonnet for any reason, ie lovered vents, what have you, id be highly intrested in the bonnet,

well get the pics up me wanna see :devil:

hydrotec78
16-05-2009, 12:50

if you replace the bonnet for any reason, ie lovered vents, what have you, id be highly intrested in the bonnet,

well get the pics up me wanna see :devil:

the bonnet on the car was dented to hell and had a cheap vent stuck on so its been replaced with a standard one which i have just had sprayed!

R5GTTRaider
16-05-2009, 12:53
one in the 3rd picture?, ill still have it, if you havent chucked it

and looks nice, i realy need a repaint....

hydrotec78
16-05-2009, 13:24

one in the 3rd picture?, ill still have it, if you havent chucked it

and looks nice, i realy need a repaint....

im affaid its gone to the scrap as it was to far gone!

Markey Mark (BD)
16-05-2009, 16:49
After the mini is done mate we'll get the engine done, i'll be doing mine too so may as well do both at the same time

Ashy
16-05-2009, 17:45
looks tidy enough mate, well done for saving it :)

Ricardo
16-05-2009, 19:53
Loving Raiders, gotta keep the old skool rims on too :agree:

I wanna 5 :cry: :ashamed:

Matt Cole
16-05-2009, 21:50
I know pictures have a habit of polishing turds, but that doesn't look half bad! At least your saving it mate, so well done unlike most on here who either break the cars to make money or aint got the talent/money to keep the five alive!:crap:

TURBO'D CLIO
17-05-2009, 01:42
Dumb question but what engine was in the raiders ? some one once told me that it was a 1.7 ? this true ?

minty83
17-05-2009, 02:59
Dumb question but what engine was in the raiders ? some one once told me that it was a 1.7 ? this true ?
FAIL!!

hydrotec78
17-05-2009, 06:26

Its the normal 1.4 mate that i have in mine.

hydrotec78
17-05-2009, 06:29
I know pictures have a habit of polishing turds, but that doesn't look half bad! At least your saving it mate, so well done unlike most on here who either break the cars to make money or aint got the talent/money to keep the five alive!:crap:

Cheers mate, but your right about the turds, when all holes are gone and its been painted then they wont lie !!!!|:laugh: As for the money side, well visa's are always handy !!:laugh:

Kenobi
17-05-2009, 08:07
FAIL!!

Unhelpful.

Big Steve - Raider
17-05-2009, 11:26

Not that i know much about these Raiders or anything... :laugh: :ashamed:

The Raider model is basically what Renault UK decided to brand the final run out of fives that they were bashing out to celebrate the Group N Rallying Success of Alain Orieille in France.

Therefore in France the Raider is called the Alain Oreille and in Germany it's called the GTE (but also fitted with a normally aspirated 1.7 motor with no turbo)

TURBO'D CLIO
17-05-2009, 11:43
FAIL!!

That wern't very nice, not all of us no every thing mate :ashamed:

hydrotec78
17-05-2009, 18:18
Not that i know much about these Raiders or anything... :laugh: :ashamed:

The Raider model is basically what Renault UK decided to brand the final run out of fives that they were bashing out to celebrate the Group N Rallying Success of Alain Orieille in France.

Therefore in France the Raider is called the Alain Oreille and in Germany it's called the GTE (but also fitted with a normally aspirated 1.7 motor with no turbo)

I bet there hard to come by! interesting to know though.

hydrotec78
19-05-2009, 18:02
A quick update,

the engine is now out and inbits at markey marks waiting for him to pull out his finger to rebuild as payment for welding up the mini project, now just waiting for the last of the bodys parts and wish bones from CGB and she's going back together.

The only one real main stoper now is finding a seat to replace the drivers seat, oh yeah and some good weather would help !!! :wasntme::wasntme::laugh::laugh::wasntme:

If anyone knows the where abouts of a front raider seat please can you let me know.

cheers

R5GTTRaider
06-06-2009, 16:05
they do replacement bottom bit, there is a guy in Cambridge, he has a raider thats had a side impact, you may find the front seat is there still

Markey Mark (BD)
06-06-2009, 16:23
the engine is now out and inbits at markey marks waiting for him to pull out his finger to rebuild as payment for welding up the mini project

cheers

You cheeky git!!!:D:D Have you know that mini has been hard work doing it in a month.:laugh:;)

Finger is now out my arse and building it for you.

hydrotec78
11-06-2009, 18:33
You cheeky git!!!:D:D Have you know that mini has been hard work doing it in a month.:laugh:;)

Finger is now out my arse and building it for you.

Its about time too ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So whens it going in? and dont say when i give you the paint !!! :wasntme: :wasntme: :wasntme: :wasntme:

hydrotec78
11-06-2009, 18:33
they do replacement bottom bit, there is a guy in Cambridge, he has a raider thats had a side impact, you may find the front seat is there still

do you have any info of how i can get in touch????

The new Bill J
11-06-2009, 19:08
I've got some of the "rocking horse crap", that is a Raider front seat. It's a passenger seat, but it's a front seat none the less ;)

The bolsters are saggy, but they can be replaced pretty easily/cheaply, if you're a perfectionist. The bolster material's not ripped or worn though, which has got to be pretty rare. There's a tiny tear in one of the upright bolsters, but it would be a very easy repair.

Bigfoot
11-06-2009, 19:24
Common those seats are. I had 4 passengers seats at one time. Still got one left to go, small catches on bottom bolster but rest of seat is good.

The new Bill J
11-06-2009, 19:25
Common those seats are. I had 4 passengers seats at one time. Still got one left to go, small catches on bottom bolster but rest of seat is good.

Oi, find your own buyer :cooter:

:laugh:

hydrotec78
11-06-2009, 20:15
Oi, find your own buyer :cooter:

how much for the seat then mate?

hydrotec78
11-06-2009, 20:16
I've got some of the "rocking horse crap", that is a Raider front seat. It's a passenger seat, but it's a front seat none the less ;)

The bolsters are saggy, but they can be replaced pretty easily/cheaply, if you're a perfectionist. The bolster material's not ripped or worn though, which has got to be pretty rare. There's a tiny tear in one of the upright bolsters, but it would be a very easy repair.

How much do you want for it mate?

The new Bill J
11-06-2009, 20:20
Feel free to pm me an offer mate :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
11-06-2009, 21:16
Feel free to pm me an offer mate :)

ill give you a genuine "cup" t-bag that rowan atkinson has touched..:p

The new Bill J
11-06-2009, 21:19
ill give you a genuine "cup" t-bag that rowan atkinson has touched..:p

Oooooh, tempting! How about I swap it for your car? :D

jesus in the seat of a 5
11-06-2009, 21:22
Oooooh, tempting! How about I swap it for your car? :D

ill give you a pic with me in it , with my renault overalls on...hair down and in the wind...:laugh:..:eek:..:laugh:

The new Bill J
11-06-2009, 21:27
ill give you a pic with me in it , with my renault overalls on...hair down and in the wind...:laugh:..:eek:..:laugh:

How about your Renault thong? :scared:

jesus in the seat of a 5
11-06-2009, 21:30
How about your Renault thong? :scared:

deal...she`s wearin thin mind...:laugh:..:niceone:, :santa:..has come early for you bill..:wasntme:

The new Bill J
11-06-2009, 21:31
deal...she`s wearin thin mind...:laugh:..:niceone:, :santa:..has come early for you bill..:wasntme:

Crazy old fool :p

jesus in the seat of a 5
11-06-2009, 21:37

Crazy old fool :p

:agree:..:laugh:, soz bill, heatstroke from being in the old trees all day..:laugh:

hydrotec78
20-06-2009, 18:50
I havnt been able to spend much time on the raider of the past couple of weeks so not much has really been done until today ! , well this afternoon anyway......:laugh:

Today i pulled out the gearbox ready for steaming and painting, then i set off to change the wish bones, oh what fun and joy! why is it that theres always one bolt of of 4 that is on your wifes side ????? :mad:

After the use of my 2 best friends, a hamer and lots of hot air, they were off. i then desided why the bay is clear i cleaned out the past 19 years of dirt, crime and grease/oil. Why the new bones where going in i fitted the new brake lines as it was a shame to leave them in the box !

Next on the list is to cut out the front damaged panels ready to weld the new ones in, i want to get this done asap as Markey Mark has done my engine for me and its burning a hole in the garden !!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

But for today we have come to a stop, so more will follow as and when.

hydrotec78
23-06-2009, 21:20
Gear box is ready to rock and roll :laugh:

hydrotec78
27-06-2009, 20:02
Well would you believe it, the suns been out and raiders had some more progress ! Happy days :laugh:

So what did i get done ! I was going to cut out the front pannel and then thought its was to hot to get out the grinder etc so like a fool i set about sorting out the inside, big mistake, small car lots of heat !!!!!! :laugh::wasntme::laugh::wasntme::laugh::wasntme:
Anyway i striped out all the plastics, rear windows, seat etc as i have some panels which have seen much better days, so these were swaped out with good ones, i even managed to find a drivers sun visor with the flap to cover the mirror. the rear windows have now been fitted with new hindges and locks, no more leaks for me !

Then there was the wiring to sort out, and drivers window motor, everything but the widow has been sorted / repaired were needed (good old french wiring) the only reason the window motor was not done was that after i striped it out i found that my replacement was for the n/s door :mad: :ashamed: :devil: in a way im not that bothered as its better than the one i have.

All there is to do on on the inside now is to sort out the drivers seat and front speakers/covers then were cooking on gas......................

hydrotec78
27-06-2009, 20:04
Some more pics of the now nice and clean inside

hydrotec78
13-07-2009, 16:56
Testing the water !!!

Me and Markey mark have been chatting about my next 5 that im after already before finnishing this one :eek:

Anyway im thinking of building a road leagal track car next, and Mark recons im mad to do this one to sell it and start again, anyway although money wise he has a good point, but on the other hand do i really want to strip out a raider ? :scared:

So as im now not sure what i want to do i thought i would see if anybody is looking for a complet Raider interior all bar the dash? i would also be looking at swaping the rear windows for campus ones so these to would be up for grabs, i have just fitted all new hindges and seals to them.

Anyway if there is any interest let me know and if i deside to change the build plan i will let you know.

oh yeah in the pics of the interior it shows the old drivers seat, i now have a replacement one so the interior is now A1 !

UUM only time will tell.............:( :( :(

Penfold aka The Dealer
13-07-2009, 17:35
Testing the water !!!

Me and Markey mark have been chatting about my next 5 that im after already before finnishing this one :eek:

Anyway im thinking of building a road leagal track car next, and Mark recons im mad to do this one to sell it and start again, anyway although money wise he has a good point, but on the other hand do i really want to strip out a raider ? :scared:

So as im now not sure what i want to do i thought i would see if anybody is looking for a complet Raider interior all bar the dash? i would also be looking at swaping the rear windows for campus ones so these to would be up for grabs, i have just fitted all new hindges and seals to them.

Anyway if there is any interest let me know and if i deside to change the build plan i will let you know.

oh yeah in the pics of the interior it shows the old drivers seat, i now have a replacement one so the interior is now A1 !

UUM only time will tell.............:( :( :(

Shame you want a road legal track car, i would of been tempted to swap the cup car.

hydrotec78
13-07-2009, 17:57
A cup car would be nice but not quite nice enough as i cant drive it down the road ! :wasntme: :laugh: :wasntme: :laugh:

Penfold aka The Dealer
13-07-2009, 18:11
A cup car would be nice but not quite nice enough as i cant drive it down the road ! :wasntme: :laugh: :wasntme: :laugh:

Krisy M is onto the DVLA about getting his road legal... having issue's but once one person does it, you want the other cup boys follow suit.

The new Bill J
13-07-2009, 18:16
Krisy M is onto the DVLA about getting his road legal... having issue's but once one person does it, you want the other cup boys follow suit.

Without a chassis number, you're screwed (the last Kris told me anyway). So it's no good for all you lot with Radbourne built cars :cry:

Mine however, being a Renault built coupe, has a chassis number :D

Penfold aka The Dealer
13-07-2009, 18:32
Without a chassis number, you're screwed (the last Kris told me anyway). So it's no good for all you lot with Radbourne built cars :cry:

Mine however, being a Renault built coupe, has a chassis number :D

I want to know what happens if you were to use the un-registered shell to reshell a Road legal car...

The new Bill J
13-07-2009, 18:40
I want to know what happens if you were to use the un-registered shell to reshell a Road legal car...

I'm guessing it would depend on whether the shell has a chassis number or not. I believe Kris was told that VOSA's way of thinking is; if the shell has no number, then it wasn't meant to be on the road for some reason, so they won't let it :scratch:

I didn't think yours had a number Chris?

phase i 16 v turbo
13-07-2009, 18:40

You have the shell restamped and documented.

Penfold aka The Dealer
13-07-2009, 18:46
I'm guessing it would depend on whether the shell has a chassis number or not. I believe Kris was told that VOSA's way of thinking is; if the shell has no number, then it wasn't meant to be on the road for some reason, so they won't let it :scratch:

I didn't think yours had a number Chris?

Mine doesn't have a chassis number, but according to the DVLA if i wanted to i could re-shell a 5 GT Turbo using a % of original major parts and then i could transfer the VIN/Chassis detaisl over... it gets my cup car on the road that way...

The new Bill J
13-07-2009, 18:54
Mine doesn't have a chassis number, but according to the DVLA if i wanted to i could re-shell a 5 GT Turbo using a % of original major parts and then i could transfer the VIN/Chassis detaisl over... it gets my cup car on the road that way...

I think something that Kris learnt was to take what the DVLA say with a pinch of salt. He spoke to one of the top bods at VOSA, who told him that they're forever having to tell the DVLA staff not to give out incorrect info :scared:

I'm not saying they're lying though, and I hope you manage to get yours sorted. One day I might pull my finger out and get mine done. I'm going to have to soon, if I want to drive a 5 on the road again :cry:

hydrotec78
13-07-2009, 19:39
sod all that !!!! that seems like hard work :wasntme: :laugh: :wasntme: :laugh:

dose anybody know where i can get a roll cage and a couple of seats from who needs a raider interior ?

Big Steve - Raider
14-07-2009, 08:20
sod all that !!!! that seems like hard work :wasntme: :laugh: :wasntme: :laugh:

dose anybody know where i can get a roll cage and a couple of seats from who needs a raider interior ?

Bigfoot??

Bigfoot
14-07-2009, 09:06
Thanx Steve, just need some mint door cards, dont need the pockets though got the raider set of those without the red pin strip. Unless got a drivers seat which is mint, mines only got a very tiny catch on the side upright bolster :( all the rest are great :)

hydrotec78
14-07-2009, 14:59
That's it I've made up my mind!

The raider will live again as there is not enough left on the road as it is and to strip one out would
be like cutting off your right ball ! Or left if you prefer !

The track road car is next on the list, dose anyone have a rolling shell ?

Bigfoot
14-07-2009, 15:16
and to strip one out would be like cutting off your right ball

:cry: dont like at my profile pictures then :cry:

hydrotec78
14-07-2009, 15:31
:cry: dont like at my profile pictures then :cry:

Nnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that one of them 'if I can't fix it , no one else will either' moments ? :laugh:

Bigfoot
14-07-2009, 15:35
Nnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that one of them 'if I can't fix it , no one else will either' moments ? :laugh:

Wish it was, I was going to repair the hole car, but new shell came about, didn't look too bad when I got the car, but once you removed that awful kit and the tonnes of filler you soon got an idea on what it was like. It was beyond help really, Did start removing the side panels as well to repair it but the cost would just spiral out of control. Anyone im restoring another raider which hasn't seen the road for over 6 years so its not like im nasty to all the raiders :wasntme:

phase i 16 v turbo
14-07-2009, 15:42
That's it I've made up my mind!

The raider will live again as there is not enough left on the road as it is and to strip one out would
be like cutting off your right ball ! Or left if you prefer !

The track road car is next on the list, dose anyone have a rolling shell ?

Hi Paul, I have a rolling shell that is taking up room.

hydrotec78
14-07-2009, 17:30
Hi Paul, I have a rolling shell that is taking up room.

Hi Mike

Now how did i know you would have one !:laugh:

So come on then how much of it is there left ( i cant believe im doing this ) and you like donating to charities dont you ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

phase i 16 v turbo
14-07-2009, 17:53
Good to hear from you! I used it for the van conversion so the following is missing engine, seats, box, dash and wiring + fuel tank +pump. I have it stored in Southampton, if you look on my profile under Reanult extra van you will see a black R5 GT Turbo, that is the one. I am sure we can sort something out :D

hydrotec78
14-07-2009, 18:04
Good to hear from you! I used it for the van conversion so the following is missing engine, seats, box, dash and wiring + fuel tank +pump. I have it stored in Southampton, if you look on my profile under Reanult extra van you will see a black R5 GT Turbo, that is the one. I am sure we can sort something out :D

Mike I must be freaking crazy ! I call you in a while , when the wife can't hear me !

phase i 16 v turbo
14-07-2009, 19:19
Crazy is what we like!!! I am away on holiday until the end of the month, but can be in contact as we have email here.

Cheers
Mike

hydrotec78
22-08-2009, 23:03
It seems like months that i have removed the cover let alone setting do to some work.

Today myself and Marky Mark refited the engine to here it run after 5 long years.
The engine ran like a dream, but there is still loads more todo.

The oil cooler pipes need making from scratch to fit the car, dont you lust love buying a ready to fit kit !!

I need to sorce some new wirring, hopefully mark has these in the garage.

Im now not doing a front mount cooler, so i need some standard blue boost hoses.

The next thing on the list to do is the front end, i know, i know it would have made sence to do this before the engine was put back in, but the bank man wont let me get a full respay at the moment, so the new body panels will be put on and the paint will have to wait for a while.

As for now back to the hard craft...........................................

hydrotec78
23-08-2009, 18:31
Yet again the weather was dry so it was time for some more work to be done.

today i finnised off the drive shafts, and changed the disc's.

It was the time to find out why the doors did not want to open on the button, i found the problem lied with the universal central locking module, so this was cut out, The problem i have now though is locking the and unlocking the car from the outside as somebody in the past has delocked the front doors, boot entry here we come !!!

I then started the front end.................and like any good old french car boy did i find some rust !!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

The front panel out new one sat in place, just needs some clue to hold it in place !!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

As i couldn't really do any welding with the kids playing next to the car i mounted the oil cooler to the front instead.

Now the plan is to sort out the hoses next week as i cant run the car for long as not only are they 10 miles to long they also leak !!!

BUT the best thing i did to the car today was to.............................................

DRIVE THE FREEKING THING.:D:D

Which was going great until i had to turn around and found that i could not get reverse !:ashamed::ashamed::ashamed: still it only needs lining up so thats cool.

Roll on my next day off to do some more.

hydrotec78
29-08-2009, 18:12
Well what to do ? do i continue with the shell that i started or do i start again????

Only one answer really, re shell the raider i have, i have got my hands on a mint raider shell thanks to Bod buying a clio.

So now all my i wants have come together as i can now make 1 mint Raider and have the one i started as a track car!

allanr5gtt
29-08-2009, 21:13
just a thought but doesn't the oil cooler go up the other way with the pipes at the top as you could get an air lock in the top of the cooler.

hydrotec78
29-08-2009, 21:26
just a thought but doesn't the oil cooler go up the other way with the pipes at the top as you could get an air lock in the top of the cooler.

Good spot dear boy, i didnt think about that one, must of been a blonde moment !:ashamed:

allanr5gtt
30-08-2009, 18:27
Good spot dear boy, i didnt think about that one, must of been a blonde moment !:ashamed:

it's ok i did the same a few years ago. :laugh:

hydrotec78
30-08-2009, 21:01
Well today i picked up Bod Raider shell which on closer inspection makes mine look like a right off.

i have decided to strip the old shell down to a rolling shell and sell it on. The main thing it will be missing is the seats and engine. So if anybody wants to take it on let me know as i have most of the body parts that are needed just not the money to make the shell as good as the new one.

Now it is time to get out the elbow grease and start again :confused::confused::confused::confused:

hydrotec78
07-09-2009, 17:35
Today has been a good day on the Raider front, i have swaped all the interea from my old shell to the new one and removered all the outter trims from the old shell so only good trims are to be used and fitted them.

All i need to do now is swap the sub frame and engine, mot it and its back on the road.

Then that only leaves the paint work and wheels to do. i have sorced some standard raider rims which are going to be re done and used for the standard look.

I have desided not to use the front mount inter cooler so i can keep the front end looking standard too, im now using a pace cooler. So if anybody want a brand new front mount im selling it on with s/s pipe work that i brought not so long ago

hydrotec78
07-09-2009, 17:39
and some more

hydrotec78
14-09-2009, 19:01
Quick update--------

Today it was time to strip out the engine from the h reg shell !!!!!!!! typical you get it all in then its time to take it all out !!!!!!!!!

First of all the engine and box was striped and lifted out. As I had sorted out the sub frame with new wishbones, bushes and track rod ends on the h reg shell it was only right to take the frame off complete. This was swapped with the one on the g reg shell.

After the sub-frame was removed and the newer one fitted, it was time to lift in the engine and box.

unfortunately time was not on my side today as i didn't get to turn the key ! All there is left to do is to re fit all the hoses and rad, re mount the oil cooler, the right way up this time ! and the key can be turned !

To make the car look more like a car instead of a rainbow, I'm going to swap the doors over and the undamaged skirt. Then with a bit of luck it will be MOT time, then the big safe up for the new paint. With a bit of luck this wont take to long as myself and marky mark (bd) have loads of cars booked in ready for us to work are magic !!!!! If you need anything doing feel free to pm one of us as its for a good cause - A Reborn Raider !!!:wasntme::wasntme::wasntme::wasntme:

Bod
14-09-2009, 19:11
Get those Raider wheels refurbed and on mate;)

Markey Mark (BD)
14-09-2009, 19:24
Didn't realise i'm working for a paint job on the Raider!:laugh::D You seemed to miss that 5 under the sheet in my garage that needs some funds.;)

Does look good, we'll get it fired up on friday.

hydrotec78
15-09-2009, 13:00
Get those Raider wheels refurbed and on mate;)

They will be on as soon as the car is painted to finnsh of the look.

hydrotec78
15-09-2009, 13:06
Didn't realize i'm working for a paint job on the Raider!:laugh::D You seemed to miss that 5 under the sheet in my garage that needs some funds.;)

Does look good, we'll get it fired up on friday.

Now come on Mark be fair, it would be the same working on your car !
After all ornaments of that size and character are hard to come by!

hydrotec78
20-09-2009, 07:37
Engines now in, not far off now !

hydrotec78
20-09-2009, 20:24
Its done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well sort of a anyway, i now need a MOT which it should fly through, Then its paint time !

Big thanks to 'phase i 16 v turbo' for sending out some great parts, and 'marky mark' for lending a hand.

If anybody wants to donate to the paint fund your more than welcome.....:laugh::wasntme::laugh::wasntme::laugh ::wasntme:

phase i 16 v turbo
21-09-2009, 09:04
Looking good!:agree:

hydrotec78
25-09-2009, 13:50
WOW im on the road with tax and everything. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

just need to play with the carb a little now as its a tiny bit lumpy and likes to cut out when your stoped at a junction ! Other than that its sweet.

hydrotec78
29-09-2009, 21:11
I am now braking the H reg shell do to time and needing the money for the sray job for the g reg.

Offers for the hole rolling shell or bit by bit. there is no engine or seats (other than a riped drivers seat)

gttjames
01-10-2009, 10:11
Today has been a good day on the Raider front, i have swaped all the interea from my old shell to the new one and removered all the outter trims from the old shell so only good trims are to be used and fitted them.

All i need to do now is swap the sub frame and engine, mot it and its back on the road.

Then that only leaves the paint work and wheels to do. i have sorced some standard raider rims which are going to be re done and used for the standard look.

I have desided not to use the front mount inter cooler so i can keep the front end looking standard too, im now using a pace cooler. So if anybody want a brand new front mount im selling it on with s/s pipe work that i brought not so long ago

let me know about the black drivers side door, straight, no dents, rot free?

Also what about the standard alloys, are they mint?

JRP
01-10-2009, 16:56
I am now braking the H reg shell do to time and needing the money for the sray job for the g reg.

Offers for the hole rolling shell or bit by bit. there is no engine or seats (other than a riped drivers seat)

Price on rolling shell buddy?

hydrotec78
02-10-2009, 16:55
Price on rolling shell buddy?

Theres not alot of it left to be true the parts are selling like theres no tomorrow.

and theres more to come off. how much of a shell are you looking for?

hydrotec78
31-12-2009, 16:12
Now nice and low with Graphite Grey Hocks and new white blinkers.

Brigsy
31-12-2009, 16:24
Hockenheims look sweet, old skool '90's look:agree:

Markey Mark (BD)
31-12-2009, 16:26
Looking loads better now, getting there with it

dangerous dave
31-12-2009, 17:26
thats looking really tidy, amazing how these old things come back to life:smokin:

r5 rich
31-12-2009, 17:57
they do more justice on your car Paul than they did on mine! Glad they look good;)

hydrotec78
31-12-2009, 18:00
Its a old car so you got to go with the old skool theme. New wheels just dont cut it !

pascal-GT
01-01-2010, 09:54
it is really very beautiful with the tsw wheels:agree:

hydrotec78
04-01-2010, 04:27
After a hell of alot of ' shes for sale ' then 'no shes not ' then ' shes for sale again '

The project will continue onwards and up wards. I have mad my mind up at last and the old girl is staying put.

Now on the project list is to rip the lump out again and move away from a standard C1J. I have lined up a uprated cam, some more pistons and liners as she breaths a little, lightened fly wheel and a better turbo. I aslo want the head uprated to.
The out side will be treated to a new front bumber and a full respray. The only changes being made will be to the bumbers, both are being smothed off and the rear is going to have the exhaust cut out filled in.
As soon as the tax runs out that is ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So much for getting out of debt. :D

Markey Mark (BD)
04-01-2010, 16:35
Afternoons work to put that new engine together, no need to have it off road! :D

Think we'll go for the cam and thre set of piston's i got mate, no need for the head on what spec you'll be running. She'll be quick enough :agree:

Spooky
04-01-2010, 16:41
All that and no thermostat :tuttut: :D :cooter:

Markey Mark (BD)
04-01-2010, 17:09

Someones been studying the pic's! :laugh:;)

It had one fitted little while after it was started up, those pics of engine were just as it was fitted.

Spooky
04-01-2010, 17:40
I was just casually browsing when I stumbled upon that...:laugh:

r5 rich
04-01-2010, 18:13
paul you should have just bought my car and had all the parts between you lot:laugh:

hydrotec78
04-01-2010, 18:27
paul you should have just bought my car and had all the parts between you lot:laugh:

If i had the money i would have brought it and kept it ! unlike you cgb wannabies i only break roten cars !:laugh:

hydrotec78
04-01-2010, 18:30

you just reminded me to update the under the bonnet pics, the car was not on the road when they were done ! :D

Spooky
04-01-2010, 19:13
:bla:...:laugh: :agree:

hydrotec78
05-01-2010, 22:28
Today i thought i would put put lunch break to use and start the bumper work, fiber glassing in the cold is hard work as it takes ages to go off ! either that or i didn't put enough hardener in :scratch: