PDA

View Full Version : vnt turbos?

Belly
13-05-2009, 19:37
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi not on a Renault im afraid :crap: but ive asked on another forum and tbh if you want outside the box technical thinking rtoc is the place:cool: anyhow its on one of my transits a 135t350 its boosting up no probs and the van runs ok but when coming on boost it sounds like an air leak then the noise goes but the van doesnt seem to pull as hard ? ive checked all the pipes intercooler etc no splits leaks etc ! no fault codes/lights either!:scratch:someone said are the vanes sticking? and that they can be cleaned out? so any suggestions peeps! and how is a vnt controlled? could it be something to do with that? sorry its not a renault or if in the wrong section:rolleyes:

TNT!hammond
13-05-2009, 19:54
hi , had a similar problem on a 110 300 transit , was the egr , had no fault code either or light but when swapped for a know working one it was fine again. When asked why a fault wasnt read was told by the tech ' what do you espect from a vehicel running out of date software lol' .

Belly
13-05-2009, 20:14

the egr is blanked on this one! but i will check the blanking again maybe not sealed properly! dont think you can blank them on yours as its a mk7 one newest shape cheeky tech:confused: although with the mk7 ford do regular new updates to the software! mine is just an 05 plate :cry: hoping its just a cheap fix as all i wanna spend money on is my 5 shell :wasntme:

TNT!hammond
13-05-2009, 20:24
mine is a 05 100 280. The one i was on about is a new one as you say , he has had nothing but trouble with it , it drops into safe mode atleast once a month for the last year :( good one lol.

Mine on occation has messed up, lack of power ended up being a throttle pedal sensor fault , another lack of power was down to some relay in the box the vaccum line comes to from the gearbox no idea what it does but wouldnt pull at all .

i have noticed a whistle sound too reecently , ive ment to plug it into the snap on thing down the garage but keep forgetting . Ill ask my mech hes pretty clued up on the transit racing series lol

Belly
13-05-2009, 20:32

i had a 100t280 before i needed bigger :) best one you can get for reliability combined with good power! bit sad but this forum is full off info and very friendly inc some good ford techs on there :cool: http://fordtransit.org/forum/ generally not so good for stripping turbos and messing with boost tho :laugh:

TNT!hammond
13-05-2009, 20:44
Seems good for me , im a chippy and dont haul massive amounts , although has pulled the 3.25 tonne digger home before lol .

I keep havin a laugh sayin the transit needs a fmic the turbo off an x5 or so and more boost my mech just shakes his head sayin ' you have one trouble car do you want a trouble van too ?' lol

The new Bill J
13-05-2009, 20:47
http://nomorelol.com/

Belly
14-05-2009, 22:14

http://nomorelol.com/
loi :laugh:

Belly
14-05-2009, 22:15

still need some suggestions on how the vnt bit is controlled please :scratch: :)