PDA

View Full Version : interesting turbo question

price82
13-05-2009, 19:22
i want to upgrde to a t25 turbo

looked around and the only ones i can find are around £500

then my mate said that the standard turbo on an 200sx so they are 10 a penny because they upgrade to t28's

so big question is can one of these be fitted and if so how???

jure
13-05-2009, 19:32
S13 has .48 front and .49 rear. You will need to rotate the housing and drill new holes that will hold actuator. Not hard at all.

price82
13-05-2009, 19:38
so sounds possible

what about oil and water connections and boost pipes?

getting excited

jure
13-05-2009, 19:40
Oil connections are straight fit from T2 and water are 18mm (like most T25) instead 16mm as you can find on your T2.

More excited now? :D

price82
13-05-2009, 19:43
sounding pretty good any other problems u for see

also y does no one else do this??

RICHIE
13-05-2009, 19:45
sounding pretty good any other problems u for see

also y does no one else do this??

several people used to but the turbo didnt seem to last that long when using higher boost levels

jure
13-05-2009, 19:47
several people used to but the turbo didnt seem to last that long when using higher boost levels

Yes, I agree. AdamL, i think, said that trim is not big as one from Rovers and turbo wheel needs more revs for same boost levels and that is why doesn't last long.

fidos got a raider
13-05-2009, 22:29
Could allways send your turbo away to be rebuilt to a t25 if they can?:crap:

JRP
13-05-2009, 22:51
Could allways send your turbo away to be rebuilt to a t25 if they can?:crap:
Fail

Blick
13-05-2009, 22:59
ive banged a t25 from a rover on mine..... done a few k on her now and she still boosts well!!!! hardly payed anythin for her on ebay, even if she gives up the ghost now ive had my moneys worth. :laugh:

Sparkie
13-05-2009, 23:28
i got a brand new rover tomcat turbo for sale.... just needs modifying.

got zero miles on it and zero play!:agree:

tobester
14-05-2009, 11:14
i want to upgrde to a t25 turbo

looked around and the only ones i can find are around £500

then my mate said that the standard turbo on an 200sx so they are 10 a penny because they upgrade to t28's

so big question is can one of these be fitted and if so how???

I have fitted one, as above my mate upgraded to a t28, gave me his old T25 for free, removed from an F reg S13 1800cc CA18DT, the water unions are the same, the oil feed is a different size and thread type, I had my core machined to match the original R5 oil feed, the oil return is a two bolt flange which I had made (as non of the other type returns I found fitted (bolt holes wouldn't line up)), the compressor housing boost outlet is a three bolt flange (again I had one made), both housings needed to be rotated and the compressor housing needed to be drilled to relocate the actuator, this turbo came with a .64 turbine housing which I changed to a .49 to get it to boost a little earlier.

Hope that helps. :)

djinuk
14-05-2009, 11:23
sounds a cheap fix to a t25 turbo, i have 2 friends that have offered me these turbos, hmmm , sounds a fair bit of work to fit it though.

MR TURBO
14-05-2009, 11:28
i got a brand new rover tomcat turbo for sale.... just needs modifying.

got zero miles on it and zero play!:agree:

How much u wanting??

jure
14-05-2009, 13:29
sounds a cheap fix to a t25 turbo, i have 2 friends that have offered me these turbos, hmmm , sounds a fair bit of work to fit it though.

There were models with .49 rear and same oil feeds.

djinuk
14-05-2009, 13:43
maybe, ill get hold of one and take a looksie at whats involved. :)

jantheeven
14-05-2009, 16:09
Fail

:laugh:

I'm sorry... every time I see this short but clear post I have to laugh... I wish there was a proper, equally cool word for that in Dutch :wasntme:

Adam L
14-05-2009, 16:22
S13 has .48 front and .49 rear. You will need to rotate the housing and drill new holes that will hold actuator. Not hard at all.

They've got a .64 back end. .49's are a rarity, but apparently they're not actually a factory fitted item.

They're a laggy unit, with a smaller trim compressor wheel than the Rover's

They aren't a direct fitment as no production car turbo unit will fit another car without modifcations. you'll have to fir 8mm helicoils to the two lower stud holes for the manifold flange (if you're doing it properly), get hold of a 3 bolt Nissan adapter, which are usually expensive, swivel the housings, sort an oil feed adapter, fit your own water unions, you'll need the T25 oil drain... And, after all that, your turbo elbow won't bolt up properly.

Sy5GTT
14-05-2009, 16:26
ive banged a t25 from a rover on mine..... done a few k on her now and she still boosts well!!!! hardly payed anythin for her on ebay, even if she gives up the ghost now ive had my moneys worth. :laugh:

Same here. £36 I paid for mine. Pulls well and am not afraid of it going POP. Am looking for another one for a spare but they all seem so expensive....:wasntme:

tobester
14-05-2009, 17:04
They've got a .64 back end. .49's are a rarity, but apparently they're not actually a factory fitted item.

They're a laggy unit, with a smaller trim compressor wheel than the Rover's

They aren't a direct fitment as no production car turbo unit will fit another car without modifcations. you'll have to fir 8mm helicoils to the two lower stud holes for the manifold flange (if you're doing it properly), get hold of a 3 bolt Nissan adapter, which are usually expensive, swivel the housings, sort an oil feed adapter, fit your own water unions, you'll need the T25 oil drain... And, after all that, your turbo elbow won't bolt up properly.

Why won't the elbow bolt up properly? Mine is making a slight ticking noise aka exhaust gas leak under hard acceleration, and a small patch of black soot indicating a leak between the elbow and turbine housing, just put it down to an unclean mating face and was going to dissassemble clean and reassemble, anything I should know before trying to get it to seal?