PDA

View Full Version : My project r5

modfather
13-05-2009, 17:46
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

this is my ren5 it started its life as a 1.4 gts and now is under going a heart transplant within the next couple of months after i have finished the engine rebuild.
the front bumper is a ktec racing type which i salvaged from a scrapy see pic i have again ktec rear bumper wide arch kit and a wicked spoiler hoping 1 day i mite get round to a respray having a wife and 3 kids dont leave me much time for my car

TURBO'D CLIO
13-05-2009, 18:31
Despo needs colour and a decent paint job..

Where abouts in devon are ya ?

modfather
13-05-2009, 18:58
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

im in axminster yeah to rite need paint job but i plan do it soon as poss now that i have all the body parts that i needed

djinuk
13-05-2009, 19:59
myself, id lose the rear horns, and the mirrors, and possibly get a dimma spec front bumper, spend a few hours with a block on that skirt as it looks a bit buckeled, and treat the thing to a nice bright respray. Wheels would also benefit from a Diy refurb.

Looking at the original crashed bumper it looks to me that you have done some good repairs on it. However ill be honest in saying i dont believe the bumper suits the kit.

Kenobi
13-05-2009, 20:29
I like it mate go for it. Make sure its a crazy colour though

modfather
13-06-2009, 20:49
just starting the work on the car the windows are out and tinted body kit is off being sanded and tidyed up next step drop rear axle and replace with gt turbo 1 then i start on the front end keep looking :eek:

modfather
26-06-2009, 15:35
last weekend put gt turbo axle on my boy (5) changed the discs and pads
and today the gts engine is gone next step turbo subframe and engine in

modfather
30-12-2009, 13:57
at last started on the engine took the crank out today feek me what a mess the bearing is going to get the crank messured and possibly re grind next week

modfather
10-04-2010, 20:40
crumbs its been a while since i added anything so heres a update.
i been collecting chrome and alloy stuff slowly getting the engine back in hoping to be up and running next weekend just got put carb on the water pump some hoses and ready to go. then got to get stuck into sanding the car,get mot booked in. i will add some more pics when i get round to uploading them. the car will still be having the same kit on in the other pic already uploaded it has changed color and is fair bit lower too got about 5cm clearance between the skirt and the deck