PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari to quit F1 in 2010?

Penfold aka The Dealer
12-05-2009, 20:50
So whats people's opinion's about Ferrari's option to leave F1 in 2010? Toyota & BMW could also be on the way out...

Perhaps they should have a manufacture's and private team championship like they do in BTCC!

Os8472
12-05-2009, 20:51
They won't go, the FIA can't afford to loose such big names as Ferrari and Toyota

tonesGTT
12-05-2009, 21:11
Aye, i cant see Ferrari being absent next year, no matter how much they might disagree with the regulations. As for Toyota, well they've spent more money than anyone else in the last few years so doubt they'll throw the towel in either.

Do you get the feeling they're both bitter at Brawns success on such a modest budget in comparison to their own?

R5GTTRaider
12-05-2009, 21:17
i do think so too, brawn have took there knowlage which is in a diffrent light to every one else, and tbh there poor losers,
but no i dont think big names will leave, but apprantly if 4-5 big name teams leave f1 wont carry on. maybe a f1 strike immenet? that way they could revolt a reg they dont like

rhys0_0
12-05-2009, 22:31
Kimmi said he would be there next year as it states in his contract. What he doesnt realise is, he will no doubt be one of the last to know. Turning up and the gates closed :laugh:

Bod
12-05-2009, 23:00
Would it have anything to do with the fact that they cannot get in the points so far this season whinge time:laugh:

mightymanx
12-05-2009, 23:58
brawn has used his knowage to turn his car into a winner on a low budget ferrari have done nothing since he left and before that when he and schummacher were at beneton once brawn left they never won anything again hes the man :agree:

mr white
13-05-2009, 00:35
even Ferrari has to tighteen their belt, bet not many have been sold this year they know its better to cut their losses now.

Andrew Cooke
13-05-2009, 00:48
brawn has used his knowage to turn his car into a winner on a low budget

Honda had FIVE windtunnels working flat out for the best part of a year on that car, it's not built on a budget...

5alldaway
13-05-2009, 02:33
i wont be losing any sleep if they go, i preferred them in the early 90s when they were catostrophicly blowing up them engines lol

i think they are just trying to bully the fia into changing the rules again

Alex
13-05-2009, 07:36
It's the 2 tier championship they disagree with - something which I think will not happen in the end.

At the end of the day can Ferrari afford not to be in F1? :scratch:

rhys0_0
13-05-2009, 08:20
even Ferrari has to tighteen their belt, bet not many have been sold this year they know its better to cut their losses now.

As it happens they had record sales last year and this year is pretty much the same. Go figure? The rich must still have cash spare

RussellT
13-05-2009, 08:47
Its the excess that makes F1 and I dont want to see Andy out of a job. If they want to make it cheaper with better racing just get rid of the wings and auto gearboxes for that matter. (Hope you dont work on aero Andy :cartman:)

I think the key is 2 sets of rules so 1 set of rules and a more realistic figure for the cap would prob work, however how are they going to police it there will be all sorts of hidden payments.

Of course its a barganing position and everybody knows it is but when you play brinkmanship sometimes you end up falling off a cliff like the USA GP that never was.

BriC
13-05-2009, 09:13
At the end of the day can Ferrari afford not to be in F1? :scratch:

That's what I was thinking.. They've been doing F1 since 1948. If Ferrari quit F1, they would lose a lot of their 'style' imo.

Ricardo
13-05-2009, 17:00
It's the credit crunch and many people have tightened their belts in order to make it through, so why not F1. Common sense? In a world that's going through a hard time financially it seems strange that the F1 world keeps ploughing millions into the sport. Surely the money has to come from somewhere, sponsors etc, i thought many companies were going through lean times.... Back to tightening the belt.

The everyday person has to make decisions on where to spend their money, and spending a lot of money on F1 tickets and everything that comes with being away the weekend, merchandise, accomodation, travel costs has to be put into perspective. Roof over your head, food on the table etc :coffee:

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 17:13
mone does come from sponsership, but also the tickets sold to watch f1, im sure f1 gives a cut to the teams as with out them bernie wouldnt make a penny.

still i doubht there leave

Mart
13-05-2009, 18:21
Renault F1 are apparently on that same band-wagon as well now.

I reckon either the FIA will back-down, or the teams will just suck it & see and get on with it.

fidos got a raider
13-05-2009, 23:07
More chance for Renault to win lol

Mart
13-05-2009, 23:09
Not if they pull out as well (see previous post to yours).

JRP
13-05-2009, 23:11
More chance for Renault to win lol

Another fail

fidos got a raider
13-05-2009, 23:14
Another fail

What if they do a compression test:cooter:

JRP
13-05-2009, 23:23
hahaha what for a flat battery?