PDA

View Full Version : piece of wotsit

R5GTTRaider
12-05-2009, 15:32
ivw so had enoth of this r5, dump valve wont close, engine mount busted last week, and now the rads popped even tho the temps were cool.....:scratch:

then were the wan..ers have ripped the dash apart cos the loom melted nothing has fitted back together, and the whole glove box has broken away from the dash.

im realy getting fed up realy

the thing thats realy winding me up is the sticking dump valve, ive lubricated it and it all moves freely, but no.. show it some boost and it sticks and wont clost till 5-6k in first and maybe 4k in 2nd so i get no boost,

so it got a lil over rev coz its pissing me off:mad:

and also whats getting me down is the bonnet and wing are in primer and no one seems to have them, i realy feel like its turning in to a dog and im going to end up scrapping it coz its ****:mad:

any one wanna buy it.....:sad:

Bigfoot
12-05-2009, 15:37
Shove a broom handle where the dump valve should go, then no more boost leak. just remember to block off the vacuum pipe going to it. Engine mount is not much trouble. remove bolts holding mount then just jack up the engine lifting it far enough from the engine mount so you can remove and replace then swap over. Should take too long to do. What do you mean the rad has popped? sprung a leak? is a copper core one?

R5GTTRaider
12-05-2009, 15:40
i would block it but i hate the reverb sound, not sure why just doesnt sound right

yer i know engine mount is easy but its like its fallen apart quicker than i can buy parts, i know its not but it seems like it

na its leaking from the end cap were the top hose comes in. plus its well past its service life the cores are buldging and the metal parts inbetween are falling out.

i dunno if i should get it back up to standards bar the body work and sell it, move on to something that dosnt involve spraying or replacing panals

any one??:confused:

BriC
12-05-2009, 15:41
Dump valve.. Easy, throw it in the bin
Engine mount.. Couple of hours to change
Radiator.. Few minutes to change
Dash and wiring loom.. A day to fit another dash and loom if you are confident. If not, get someone local to help you!
Panels in primer.. Book it into a bodyshop!

Easy peasy.. £300 at most fixes it (depending on where you get your paint done)

R5GTTRaider
12-05-2009, 15:44
as above with all of that bric,

its not just the wing and bonnet, roof looks like theres been breakdancers on it, rear bumper paint is flaking, skirts are held on with screws as the clips are like paper thin
and then the some of the panals refuse to come up after a polish

Dash and wiring loom.. A day to fit another dash and loom if you are confident. If not, get someone local to help you!

i had to refit the entire loom including o/s chassis loom

Bigfoot
Find a local spraying, I paid about £80 just for a bonnet and wing to be sprayed. Find a dump valve off ebay which is working, but they always go wrong sometime or other, its just easier not having them in the first place. You will find most 5s will need work when you pick them up cheap, you need to pay the money to get a running one, and even then they are coming on 20 years old and things will go wrong and need replacing, but thats like any car this sort of age.

BriC
How much do you want for it?

Edit: Balls.. just noticed how far away you live. Is it taxed and MOT'd?

Tiny Tim
12-05-2009, 15:45
I've got a dump valve for sale :scared:

djinuk
12-05-2009, 15:49
Dont worry so much.. My r5 is a dog, the engine has low oil pressure and leaks lots of oil. The bodywork sux, the rear 1/4s are rotton, the arches are bonded on , the paint is matt, the bonnet is black, the door is bent, the brakes dont work and rattle, the car handles toss.... but ill keep missioning on, and hopefully get it sorted bit by bit:) just take a deep breath and using folks help on here get the jobs done.

R5GTTRaider
12-05-2009, 15:50
the dump valve works its sticking, i know this cos with the car running and vac hose off(dv closed) i put the vac hose on and took a sec to open and made a twang noise were it snapped open

wouldnt i find a bonnet and wing for less then £80?

i dont wanna dump the dump valve :dearme:

i dont like the chatter plus it makes it feel like it lurces forward after the throttle is depressed.

i dunno whats it worth? if probs fixed

BriC
12-05-2009, 15:52
the dump valve works its sticking, i know this cos with the car running and vac hose off(dv closed) i put the vac hose on and took a sec to open and made a twang noise were it snapped open

i dont wanna dump the dump valve :dearme:

i dont like the chatter plus it makes it feel like it lurces forward after the throttle is depressed.

i dunno whats it worth? if probs fixed

Well if it's sticking, it's not working..

Yeh, I'm sure you could find a bonnet and wing for less than £80

I was asking about buying it as it is.. :laugh:

BriC
12-05-2009, 15:53
Dont worry so much.. My r5 is a dog, the engine has low oil pressure and leaks lots of oil. The bodywork sux, the rear 1/4s are rotton, the arches are bonded on , the paint is matt, the bonnet is black, the door is bent, the brakes dont work and rattle, the car handles toss.... but ill keep missioning on, and hopefully get it sorted bit by bit:) just take a deep breath and using folks help on here get the jobs done.

Wow.. sounds lovely :eek:

Bigfoot
12-05-2009, 15:54
and also whats getting me down is the bonnet and wing are in primer and no one seems to have them

Erm, think you answered that question, you can get them for free if you can find them, but obviously your not having much luck there.

R5GTTRaider
12-05-2009, 15:54
well it worked but was sticking alittle, opened t up and it had so much **** in there, whas best to use to kubricate it, or best left dry?

R5GTTRaider
12-05-2009, 16:00
plus its got this ****ed up problem, every day itll start fine then itll start to turn over but then stop like its a dead battary, but if you flick the key a few times it turns over,

cleaned the earth straps and the battary is ok plus alternater gives of good voltage im realy confussed

Markey Mark (BD)
12-05-2009, 16:06
Sounds like you got a dodgy starter there mate, there common for the solenoids to stick.

djinuk
12-05-2009, 16:09
Wow.. sounds lovely :eek:

Indeed , it certainly isnt a rot free perfect example like yours.

and i forgot to mention my tailgate is also bent.

BriC
12-05-2009, 16:11
Indeed , it certainly isnt a rot free perfect example like yours.

and i forgot to mention my tailgate is also bent.

Hehe, although mine isn't rot free ;)

djinuk
12-05-2009, 16:12

Shame considering its been fully sprayed.

R5GTTRaider
12-05-2009, 16:13
at least mine hasnt got tin worm

this is what is wrong/needs

rad end cap by the top hose is leaking.
rear engine mount shot
front n/s mount on its way out
need a top hose
bonnet and wing need spraying or replacing
rest of body work is scrathed or flat
skirts need clips plus damaged
need rear exhaust mounts
glove box, but not the lid the hole compartment, infact the hole dash as it got ripped out, and screws were ignored..
need drivers seat frame as the bar at the front has snapped one side
rear bumper the paint is flaking
upper o/s light trim has a dent?
also boot trim looks like someone robbed the gtt badge and scratched the **** out the plastic
front window needs replacing
and now need a middle mirror hanger

BriC
12-05-2009, 16:14
Shame considering its been fully sprayed.

:coffee:

DaveMayGTT
12-05-2009, 16:23
Just cos its been resprayed only means the exterior is probably rot free, u should know these cars like to hide what is going wrong until 1 day you find it and its already hideously bad and to late to rescue :)
Never give up though, just take your time.

R5GTTRaider
12-05-2009, 16:26
so dump valves, should they be lubricated or left dry, its a metal piston with two o rings, then theres a second piston on a smaller spring that located in a hole on the first piston, any ideas

Kenobi
12-05-2009, 16:26

At least not whilst your in it.:agree:

BriC
12-05-2009, 16:27
At least not whilst your in it.:agree:

:cry:

Kenobi
12-05-2009, 16:31

Dont cry the doctors can sort that kind of rot out mate.

jesus in the seat of a 5
12-05-2009, 16:36
:(..hang in there buddy ,i have a dump valve and a bonnet you can have to the cause , im sure lookin @ the list youve put on her too , most things are quite minor and should be easy to fix..each year i have to write a list and i work through them all one by one, till it starts again..:laugh:, dont give in...and i have 5 of the buggers..:laugh:

R5GTTRaider
12-05-2009, 16:38
raider bonnet?

id swap you mine, its good condition with a clio type vent,well i dont mind mate suppose you want me to pay for postage :cooter:

jesus in the seat of a 5
12-05-2009, 16:40
raider bonnet?

id swap you mine, its good condition with a clio type vent,well i dont mind mate suppose you want me to pay for postage :cooter:

Not raider in colour, i could write it on it?, if it makes you feel better..;), pop along to pod , ill bring it and the valve...:)

djinuk
12-05-2009, 16:44
Just cos its been resprayed only means the exterior is probably rot free, u should know these cars like to hide what is going wrong until 1 day you find it and its already hideously bad and to late to rescue :)
Never give up though, just take your time.

Of course , i can respect that with straight up and over resprays and the likes, but looking through brics thread it appeared to be a pretty comprehensive project, almost restoration spec ( to a non standard level) and i imagine that any rot would of been tackled, other than maybe bits within chassis rails that cant be seen etc adn dave sbs's jobs seem to be pretty damn good/thorough. Anyway my apologies if that is not the case, maybe i presume to much.

Just to add that seems a damn good offer from jesus.. a scrapyard local to me wanted £30 for a dented/damaged standard bonnet... i left it!

DaveMayGTT
12-05-2009, 16:53
Yeh, brics does look like an amazing job/restoration. Jesus to the rescue eh, top man

RICHIE
12-05-2009, 18:05
is it a piston style dump valve or diaphram. piston style are very prone to playing up due to the crud that collects on them. i would clean it all up and use graphite to keep it operating freely

JRP
12-05-2009, 18:09
Use cooker tap grease to make it work freely, do wear gloves... thats shizzles messy

clee
12-05-2009, 18:40
What is cooker tap grease :scratch: ......Chef Ramsey would have a hairy fit :laugh:

Trevhib
12-05-2009, 19:00
Brilliant, you're so concerned about your car not working properly you won't even consider getting rid of a subbornly faulty d/v to improve the situation because of the way the car sounds without one.

The piston style d/v has known to cock engines up completely when they stick open. Keep at it lad, you'll soon be shifting the car on, with a knackered engine on top of all the other problems :scared:

The new Bill J
12-05-2009, 19:08
The piston style d/v has known to cock engines up completely when they stick open. Keep at it lad, you'll soon be shifting the car on, with a knackered engine on top of all the other problems :scared:

:agree:

What i'm struggling to understand is, how can a 20 year old car have problems, and need money spending on it? I mean, it should be 110% perfect, especially a "hooligan car", like a 5 gt turbo, that's probably not had the easiest of lives :scratch:

Maka
12-05-2009, 19:17
:agree:

What i'm struggling to understand is, how can a 20 year old car have problems, and need money spending on it? I mean, it should be 110% perfect, especially a "hooligan car", like a 5 gt turbo, that's probably not had the easiest of lives :scratch:

hooligan woohooo
made me chuckle

J$£5GTT
12-05-2009, 19:17
should have bought the 'one lady' owner example an it would all
be fine.

JRP
12-05-2009, 19:24
What is cooker tap grease :scratch: ......Chef Ramsey would have a hairy fit :laugh:

Basicly graphite or what ever, british gas issue it, for when i get the gay task of re greasing old ladys cookers ;) normaly the cookers in questions have not been cleaned since the 80's

J$£5GTT
12-05-2009, 19:27
Basicly graphite or what ever, british gas issue it, for when i get the gay task of re greasing old ladys cookers ;) normaly the cookers in questions have not been cleaned since the 80's

'old ladys cookers' is that what you call them??

:cooter::laugh:

Tiny Tim
12-05-2009, 19:41
"Alright love, i've come to grease your pipes"

"Ooo young man"

TrixNFlix
12-05-2009, 19:53
"Alright love, i've come to grease your pipes"

"Ooo young man"

right were gonna need extra grease, you free again tomorrow love ;)

shame on you JRP:D

jesus in the seat of a 5
12-05-2009, 20:08
right were gonna need extra grease, you free again tomorrow love ;)

shame on you JRP:D

:laugh:..jerpa sits rubbing knees..:cooter:

R5GTTRaider
12-05-2009, 21:29
haha "o young man!" love it...

right dunno whats with the neg comments,

still ill ignore it and move on, the dump valve works apsolutly fine now ive cleaned all the crap out.

and billy i do know what 20 yr old cars are like i but older cars coz i like them always have and always will buy the 80's cars, i like them

im just saying its all happening at once and its getting me down,

not saying i wont fix it, just a bitch when things happen with in a week of each other :mad:

rhys0_0
12-05-2009, 22:24
should have bought the 'one lady' owner example an it would all
be fine.

The state my'n is in i dont think she has ever seen a lady :laugh:

old skool turbo power
12-05-2009, 22:30
im just saying its all happening at once and its getting me down,

not saying i wont fix it, just a bitch when things happen with in a week of each other :mad:

tbh mate the car sounds abit abit worst for wear.what was the car like when you 1st brought the car????then you can as yourself were did it all go rong/was it when u see the car and thought yep im having it and and drove of in the night or have the problems built up due to you not sorting out the problems yourself:agree:
i find with the r5 you have to kinda look after and and be abit ott to make sure it will always run 100% and fingers crossed all is good.even with the price i paid for my car i still have about a few £££s of recipets so far its paid off and i love it :cool:
all this talk of oh its a (r5 turbz:coffee:) and the lark and is un reliable is a load of b****ks .its down to the owner imo.:laugh:and yep im one of them who lets the car warm up!!!good 5mins.
good luck :agree:

Trevhib
12-05-2009, 22:39
the dump valve works apsolutly fine now ive cleaned all the crap out.

What did you do differently to the first time you cleaned it out then? :scratch:

You're not only ignoring the 'negative' comments but you're ignoring the sound advice as well. That dump valve design is known to be problematic on the GTT. You know why? Well, one of the reasons is because they gunk up quickly after having been cleaned out... :dearme:

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 10:43
What did you do differently to the first time you cleaned it out then? :scratch:

You're not only ignoring the 'negative' comments but you're ignoring the sound advice as well. That dump valve design is known to be problematic on the GTT. You know why? Well, one of the reasons is because they gunk up quickly after having been cleaned out... :dearme:
im not ignoring sound advice, i dont want to hear compresser surge all the time, and i want a dump valve, the first time i used atf oil, but it didnt work from the word go. today its been fine too, so hopefully its fine, and the dv is like 3 months old,,

to other qestions ive had the car just over a month, and becasue the belt came off it popped the top hose and the rad at the same time, the enigne mount i did the other week, it was wet and i had it in reverse and my foot sliped off the clutch so it had torn the rubber away from the mount

the car isnt realy worse for wear, rad and top hise and thats the underbonnet sorted, then its body work, i know ive changed my tune but yesterday i was fuked off.

the car sits as it is the day i brought it apart from the rad and top hose

oh and the fact it wasnt running as i had to replace the dash loom and o/s headlight loom and fog/horn loom

JRP
13-05-2009, 10:47
:laugh:..jerpa sits rubbing knees..:cooter:

I knew that would get you lot going hahahahahahahah whoooop whooooop better than ky

JRP
13-05-2009, 10:50
im not ignoring sound advice, i dont want to hear compresser surge all the time, and i want a dump valve, the first time i used atf oil, but it didnt work from the word go. today its been fine too, so hopefully its fine, and the dv is like 3 months old,,

to other qestions ive had the car just over a month, and becasue the belt came off it popped the top hose and the rad at the same time, the enigne mount i did the other week, it was wet and i had it in reverse and my foot sliped off the clutch so it had torn the rubber away from the mount

the car isnt realy worse for wear, rad and top hise and thats the underbonnet sorted, then its body work, i know ive changed my tune but yesterday i was fuked off.

the car sits as it is the day i brought it apart from the rad and top hose

oh and the fact it wasnt running as i had to replace the dash loom and o/s headlight loom and fog/horn loom

So the d/v is three months old... that just shows the problematic nature of them, eliminate surge, or as i call it the Horse death nay in slow mo, pop the standard air box set up back on.

DUMP VALVES ARE GAY YOU SOUND LIKE A BUS

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 10:55
well i made it worse.....

dont care if i sound like a bus better then sounding like a tractor with a sidey:cooter:

Trevhib
13-05-2009, 14:06
So the d/v is three months old... that just shows the problematic nature of them, eliminate surge, or as i call it the Horse death nay in slow mo, pop the standard air box set up back on.

DUMP VALVES ARE GAY YOU SOUND LIKE A BUS

Give up mate. He's pays his money and makes his choice......and then pays his money. And then pays his money. :laugh:

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 15:46
lol, wow didnt know dv's were such a sore point, considering it cost me £20 then im sure its not money down the drain, any how still working thanks:cooter:

Trevhib
13-05-2009, 16:53
lol, wow didnt know dv's were such a sore point, considering it cost me £20 then im sure its not money down the drain, any how still working thanks:cooter:

Is this a joke? :homer: It's not what the d/v cost you, it's what it could cost you if it stops working again.

Just buy a diaphram type if you're that bothered. :rolleyes:

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 17:11
ah i see,well i had a diaphrame one and it was ****.

well if it stops working,

itll ether cause comprsser surge or just not close and blow boost out the dv

why what can happen as im confussed to the cause and effect a dv can have if it fails

Bigfoot
13-05-2009, 17:20
The turbo will keep spooling until the boost is reached, however it will not do this as its got a leak so this will put extra strain on the turbo meaning that it could fail on itself.

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 17:33
ah i see, now if i was told that i would have understood

Mart
13-05-2009, 18:11

That's simply the vacuum eventually overcoming the tension of the dump valve spring. In other words, that's perfectly normal.

Mart
13-05-2009, 18:11
Edit to say. And likewise, it's normal for a dump valve to sit 'open' with the engine idling.

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 18:28
no it dosnt snap open now, it slides open, hard to explain but i think im getting beat down for some reason

Mart
13-05-2009, 18:32
But it's normal for the dump valve to be open with the engine idling...

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 18:36
ok, i mean when i had the engine running, the dv snapped open after 1sec and got stuck and took ages for it to close whent he vac hose was took away,
now it pops open and shut instantly

sorry i wasnt clear

and yes they are open when idle

Mart
13-05-2009, 18:48
Gotcha. Sorry, crossed wires.

Easy solution is to bin it altogether :D (joke)

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 18:50
i would IF i liked the sompresser surge sound and the fact its putting undue stress on the turbo every time it does

Mart
13-05-2009, 18:53
It doesn't, and for want of not willing to start another xx page thread on it, I'll leave it there.

As for not wanting to hear compressor surge, you could always refit the o.e airbox as that helps 'mute' the surge noise...plus, imho, it's one of the best air-filter setups to have in situ anyway.

Again, Renault had it right from the factory...

Brigsy
13-05-2009, 18:54
No dumpvalve does not stress a turbo, Especially at your mediocre boost level. How many times does it need to be said on the same topic.

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 18:57
No dumpvalve does not stress a turbo, Especially at your mediocre boost level. How many times does it need to be said on the same topic.
i didnt bloody say dv's put stress on the turbo think u need to reread my post

sorry but compresser surge does slowly damage the turbo

The new Bill J
13-05-2009, 18:58
how Many Times Does It Need To Be Said On The Same Topic.

Mart
13-05-2009, 18:59
*unsubscribes from thread*

The new Bill J
13-05-2009, 19:00

I think it's you who needs to re-read:

"No dumpvalve does not stress a turbo"

:rob:

Trevhib

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pV9MBKErJFs/Rdky-npEKrI/AAAAAAAAAFw/JVk57IwmUqU/s400/homer_d-oh.jpg

clee
I'm sure I've got a few std GTA Bosch DVs lying about .... plumb that in to the air intake and there ya go ...End of whooosh ,end of chatter ,end of story ...end of thread :coffee:

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:03
i would IF i liked the sompresser surge sound and the fact its putting undue stress on the turbo every time it does

so replying to my post that dump valves dont stress the turbo then what else is he ment to be saying when im saying surge damages a turbo

i dont see the fooking problem i want a dv who cares, if you want compresser surge and then to damage your tuebo go ahead,

people are getting confussed, including me over crossed commnication so things are beeing covered twice,

brooxy10985
13-05-2009, 19:05
sounds like you've got a friday afternoon build bit like my 225:(

clee
13-05-2009, 19:11
so replying to my post that dump valves dont stress the turbo then what else is he ment to be saying when im saying surge damages a turbo

i dont see the fooking problem i want a dv who cares, if you want compresser surge and then to damage your tuebo go ahead,

people are getting confussed, including me over crossed commnication so things are beeing covered twice,

Running without a dump valve will not overstress the turbo at your level of boost .You don't like the sound of compressor surge so fit a re-circ valve .This will make no sound at all and everybody happy :laugh::laugh:

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:13
i dont care if every one is unhappy with my dv,:p
well ok i suppose every one other than this website must be wrong,

so what psi am i running then?

clee
13-05-2009, 19:15
I dunno ...two foot six ??

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:16
so then how can you commet on my boost levels and if itll damage the turbo or not if i run no dv

clee
13-05-2009, 19:18
Argumentative bugger aren't you :laugh:

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:23
no im not realy,
im just saying every one is saying chuck the dv in the bin and im saying i dont want to which is then apprently frowned apon,
then moving on the compresser surge im beeing told "with my level of boost" it wont damage my turbo,
but then you dont know what my level of boost is so i purly asked if you did,

tbh im beeing made to look a complete wan.ker here and its not realy fair

Tiny Tim
13-05-2009, 19:25
so what psi am i running then?

14. You said earlier.

EPICUS FAILUS

clee
13-05-2009, 19:28
It's not what your saying it's the way you say it .
Have a dv if you want one ,get one that works and there you go .
All people are saying is that it won't hurt the turbo to run without one ....up to you which forum gurus you chose to worship .
In my experience the ones on here are top notch

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:28
yes but i was asking clee so not a fail

The new Bill J
13-05-2009, 19:30
yes but i was asking clee so not a fail

:laugh:

That's the worst attempt at a recovery i've ever seen. The FAIL ship, has just set sail :cartman:

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:31
oh **** off
i wish i never spent £25 now,
i dont see the ****ing problem

and no it aint a attempt of recovery i was asking clee what boost he thought i was running........

BriC
13-05-2009, 19:32

If you actually read what he said, and realised that he was using correct Grammar and punctuation, you would have realised the point he was making was that running with NO dumpvalve does NOT stress the turbo.

Tiny Tim
13-05-2009, 19:33
i was asking clee what boost he thought i was running........

14. You said earlier.

DUPLE EPICUS FAILUS

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:34
ok well keep beliving that then im not even going to bother as im just beeing made out to be a wan.ker so u can get on with it,

Trevhib
13-05-2009, 19:34
oh **** off
i wish i never spent £25 now,
i dont see the ****ing problem

and no it aint a attempt of recovery i was asking clee what boost he thought i was running........

True. You could have bought another £20 piston d/v and still had £5 spare for a comedy dunce hat instead.

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:35
14. You said earlier.

DUPLE EPICUS FAILUS
like i said i was asking HIM

so if i told you what psi i was running how would clee know that if he hadnt read it or been told

go figure

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:35
True. You could have bought another £20 piston d/v and still had £5 spare for a comedy dunce hat instead.
could off but thought u needed it more

Trevhib
13-05-2009, 19:36

BriC
13-05-2009, 19:36
Today has to of been the single funniest day on RTOC.

BriC
13-05-2009, 19:37

Sh!t.. where did you get that comeback from!? Can I use it?

Tiny Tim
13-05-2009, 19:38
so if i told you what psi i was running

No need.

14. You said earlier.

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:38
Sh!t.. where did you get that comeback from!? Can I use it?
can do tho u could be clased a wan.k3r if u do

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:39
No need.

14. You said earlier.
weres that then?

obisly your having trouble understanding i was asking clee not you

The new Bill J
13-05-2009, 19:39
like i said i was asking HIM

so if i told you what psi i was running how would clee know that if he hadnt read it or been told

go figure

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/mrb_gtt/shovelally2oscom.jpg

Deano
13-05-2009, 19:40
I'm having an early evening smoke an laughing my todger off reading this !!
GOOD WORK :wasntme::wasntme::wasntme::wasntme::smokin:

R5GTTRaider
is that for you

BriC
obisly your having trouble

Eh?

Trevhib
13-05-2009, 19:41
No need.

14. You said earlier.

"I like what you've done here" (Wayne's World)

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:41
I'm having an early evening smoke an laughing my todger off reading this !!
GOOD WORK :wasntme::wasntme::wasntme::wasntme::smokin:
great aint it.... dunno y this come about but i think i need victim support :laugh:

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:42
Eh?
you having trouble too

Trevhib
is that for you

:laugh: :yeah:

Tiny Tim
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xXBVfwJLgJM/RxVwKmYSEsI/AAAAAAAAAGg/7M4iXtwTdis/s320/head+slap.gif

Trevhib
13-05-2009, 19:43
you having trouble too

Have you been hustling the whole lot of us? Lol. Ahahaha, this is the best thread this year.

Tiny Tim
13-05-2009, 19:43
Thaaaaats it, laugh it off mate.

I get beaten up by RTOC girls! Hahahahahahaha

:(

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:44
Have you been hustling the whole lot of us? Lol. Ahahaha, this is the best thread this year.
he he took part of what i said and said eh? now with out explination i havent a clue whats hes on about

Deano
great aint it.... dunno y this come about but i think i need victim support :laugh:
Keep goin matey !!!

djinuk
ok well keep beliving that then im not even going to bother as im just beeing made out to be a wan.ker so u can get on with it,

dude i think its best you just chilled, is your car driveable etc.. might be an idea to get down to the santa pod day coming up , meet a few folks etc.
With regards to the d/v i think people are simply saying its up to you if you run one or not. I dont believe compressor surge has any massive effect on turbo life spans.

With regards to folks making you out to be a ****er, i dont think they are really , most are simply pointing out what has already been said previosuly in the topic. Thats not to say there isnt folks on here that will purposely comment within a technical discussion to simply brown nose other members and in doing so get there little dig in upon yourself, but ive found thats always the case on internet boards. Either way i hope you sort out the problem. :cool:

Trevhib
13-05-2009, 19:45
he he took part of what i said and said eh? now with out explination i havent a clue whats hes on about

Lol. Wh-what? Lol. :laugh:

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:46
dude i think its best you just chilled, is your car driveable etc.. might be an idea to get down to the santa pod day coming up , meet a few folks etc.
With regards to the d/v i think people are simply saying its up to you if you run one or not. I dont believe compressor surge has any massive effect on turbo life spans.

With regards to folks making you out to be a ****er, i dont think they are really , most are simply pointing out what has already been said previosuly in the topic. Thats not to say there isnt folks on here that will purposely comment within a technical discussion to simply brown nose other members and in doing so get there little dig in upon yourself, but ive found thats always the case on internet boards. Either way i hope you sort out the problem. :cool:
ah some one who aint taking the pi$$
yer i think its becasue ppl are getting mixed up with other conversations, then im asking someone a qestion and get a dikhead making stupid comments

BriC
13-05-2009, 19:46
Lol. Wh-what? Lol. :laugh:

Oh god, you're getting Bill all excited.

Deano
13-05-2009, 19:47
Aha Aha ha ha ha !!! is that chinese !!

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:48
weres that then?

Eh?

you having trouble too

like i say crossed comunication and confusion

BriC
:popcorn:

The new Bill J

Was that a drop of wee that I just leaked? :dearme:

Trevhib

I can't believe I've been mistaken for Bill. Humph :wasntme:

BriC
13-05-2009, 19:49

I don't know.. was it?

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:49
:popcorn:
think ill join ya :wasntme:

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:50
thatll be ya ole age:mart:

The new Bill J
13-05-2009, 19:51
I don't know.. was it?

I'm not sure, but I think it made my compressor surge!

Tiny Tim
http://titebeat.com/images/slap.gif

R5GTTRaider
with out you driving it...amazing

The new Bill J
thatll be ya ole age:mart:
How old am I then?

Trevhib
think ill join ya :wasntme:

That'll be £25 please.

Tiny Tim
13-05-2009, 19:52
how Old Am I Then?

Epilol

R5GTTRaider
http://titebeat.com/images/slap.gif
well if you do that sort of thing then :jerkoff:

Bigfoot
How old am I then?

OO OO can I answer that one :D

R5GTTRaider
13-05-2009, 19:53
How old am I then?
100 :laugh:

Tiny Tim
well if you do that sort of thing then :jerkoff:

Slap first, cream pie second?

BriC

Loi.

BriC
13-05-2009, 19:54
Epilol

LOL (genuinely)

Good work Tim :laugh:

The new Bill J
13-05-2009, 19:54
OO OO can I answer that one :D

I wasn't asking you :laugh:

Bigfoot
13-05-2009, 19:55
Since Bill posted that page its gone LOL mad here :cry: can you please stop typing it I cant take it anymore :cry:

clee
13-05-2009, 19:56
Did someone ask me a question :scratch:

BriC
13-05-2009, 19:56
Since Bill posted that page its gone LOL mad here :cry: can you please stop typing it I cant take it anymore :cry:

Laugh out loud.

Bigfoot
13-05-2009, 19:57
I wasn't asking you :laugh:

:crap: and we haven't even got a ND on our Birthdays. Guess im going to have to find other people to get drunk with then

The new Bill J
13-05-2009, 19:59
:crap: and we haven't even got a ND on our Birthdays. Guess im going to have to find other people to get drunk with then

We could just move our birthdays this year :cartman:

Bigfoot
13-05-2009, 20:03
We could just move our birthdays this year :cartman:

How about having it 6 weeks early, around the 15th Aug sound good to you?

Tiny Tim
13-05-2009, 20:03
You two planning a little private party together? :scared:

JRP
13-05-2009, 20:06
this threads the gayest thread ever... im gonne give up on rtoc and get the puncture repair kit out:p

Bigfoot
13-05-2009, 20:07
You two planning a little private party together? :scared:

Yeah tim, and you and dawn can be the entertainment

The new Bill J
13-05-2009, 20:08
Yeah tim, and you and dawn can be the entertainment

:laugh:

The main event of the evening, the big rematch!

Tiny Tim
13-05-2009, 20:08
Oh I got plans for her at Natonal Day :devil:

leewild
13-05-2009, 20:10
i was pissed off till i read this :laugh::laugh::laugh: round two

Maka
13-05-2009, 20:11
i run 20psi all day every day, no dump valve.

been like that 2 years.

turbo is still going strong, with no issues.

compressor surge is much more aggressive sound than the sound of a ten a penny dumpvalve.
**** you can even buy an amp and speaker to fit and whoosh for you if you dont have a turbo'd motor.
urg!!!

clee
13-05-2009, 20:12
You bulking up then Tim ?

Tiny Tim
13-05-2009, 20:39
You bulking up then Tim ?

Im on a diet of Peanuts, Meat, Steroids and renting a ninja.

Bigfoot
13-05-2009, 20:43

Peanuts, meat, steroids and a ninja :eek: what you getting up to :scared:

J$£5GTT
13-05-2009, 21:30

no chocolate.....huh!!!..m&m's me lad,balance it out innit.
:p

Mart
13-05-2009, 22:15
Moving this to the 'technical discussion' section as all this bollox can be read by non-members.

:sad2:

JRP
13-05-2009, 22:55
Moving this to the 'technical discussion' section as all this bollox can be read by non-members.

:sad2:

Hardly technical martski... infact as technical as a cheese naan bread.
Saying that when you next down here you northan monkey.

And wheres my speedline???

Mart
13-05-2009, 23:01
I know mate, but bar locking it, which I guess wouldn't be fair, there was nowhere else to move thread to so that it'd be out of sight of non-members.

Saying that, it's bad enough that actual members can still view it...

Billy's got your speedline & dollar.

rs250nut
13-05-2009, 23:01
Ive just read through the whole thread and though it would come to a decent climax, what a load of tripe. The time it has taken me to read all that no one can give me back, I have been robbed of part of my life:rolleyes:

JRP
13-05-2009, 23:03
I know mate, but bar locking it, which I guess wouldn't be fair, there was nowhere else to move thread to so that it'd be out of sight of non-members.

Saying that, it's bad enough that actual members can still view it...

Billy's got your speedline & dollar.

Biwwy onwy giv me dolwar, no speedwine... you sorty it quick western man

Mart
13-05-2009, 23:07
It is sorted, you geeza :D Billy's got the speedline, or at least he did have the last time I saw him/gave the wheel to him :( That boy makes 2 short planks look like a computer sometimes... :crap:

;)

JRP
13-05-2009, 23:09
It is sorted, you geeza :D Billy's got the speedline, or at least he did have the last time I saw him/gave the wheel to him :( That boy makes 2 short planks look like a computer sometimes... :crap:

;)

I need speedwine.... deway means info req... pm you have

The new Bill J
14-05-2009, 04:18

;)

Mate, the state of that wheel, I'm embarrassed to give it to poor old Jon! Dilley stripe up, yet again :cry: :laugh:

Nayls
14-05-2009, 09:27
weres that then?

'obisly' :confused::confused:

BriC
14-05-2009, 09:31
'obisly' :confused::confused:

That's why I said 'Eh?', which greatly confused him.

R5GTTRaider
14-05-2009, 12:24
no comment :wasntme::laugh:

TURBO'D CLIO
14-05-2009, 22:49
Ahh, lol all that over a dump valve.... better make sure i never mention a dump valve again...

So is that the end of it now or is there still more to come... :laugh:

alister
15-05-2009, 01:49
did the fella sort the probs with his r5 then, my mind lost track halfway thru reading the thread........ but 25 quid for a chump valve is rather cheap, was that new? if so what can you expect but for it to fail.... get a blitz valve ect if you want quality, or a standard bosch recirc if you want cheapness but avoid the surge sound. or fit the standard airbox as mentioned before, thibk i may have a spare one kicking about you can have aswell

TURBO'D CLIO
15-05-2009, 07:21
did the fella sort the probs with his r5 then, my mind lost track halfway thru reading the thread........ but 25 quid for a chump valve is rather cheap, was that new? if so what can you expect but for it to fail.... get a blitz valve ect if you want quality, or a standard bosch recirc if you want cheapness but avoid the surge sound. or fit the standard airbox as mentioned before, thibk i may have a spare one kicking about you can have aswell

No no no, don't mention dump valve..... it will all kick off now lol. :scared:

R5GTTRaider
15-05-2009, 09:57
i dont want a stock air box, nor surge, nor a recirc valve,

and what do i expect for £20 (not £25)
the valve was 3 months old used on a punto gtt, and then brought a ssqv d.valve, dam thats loud!!

ah shizzle mentioned the dv :scared::wasntme:

Trevhib
15-05-2009, 18:46
Ive just read through the whole thread and though it would come to a decent climax, what a load of tripe. The time it has taken me to read all that no one can give me back, I have been robbed of part of my life:rolleyes:

Tbh, you had to be there.

5alldaway
16-05-2009, 00:37
very funny thread haha