PDA

View Full Version : Raider is reborn ( well it will be )

hydrotec78
12-05-2009, 15:00
First post!

Hi people

Being new to this site and being talked in to nut and bolting a Raider which hasnt turned a wheel in years i thought it would be a great idea to join a club for help and advice.

Ive been told that the raiders are like rocking horse pooh dose anybody know how many there really are and what there worth? i paid £400 for mine.

cheers

Bigfoot
12-05-2009, 15:06
Last report from DVLA somebody did on this site there was just over 300 left on the road. Good luck doing a nut and bolt restore, thats going to take a lot of time and money. £400 though, good price to pay depending on condition. I picked my Raider up which hadn't been on the road since 2003 for £200 it definately aint all there, trying to source parts is the hardest parts for these cars if going back to original. Good luck. Welcome to the club as well.

Big Steve - Raider
13-05-2009, 23:43
Welcome along mate!! :yeah:

You've got a good starting point there but make sure you strip it all down & see what's underneath before you going spending any money on it.

There's a few rot spots (like under the back bumper) you should check out before you go buying all those nuts & bolts.

Good luck! :niceone:

TURBO'D CLIO
14-05-2009, 00:33
I don't know a great deal about r5 turbo's but some one once told me the raider was a 1.7 turbo, some old boy racer had one years ago near me, dark blue looked slighty kitted up and claims it was a 1.7..

Is this true ? :confused:

Big Steve - Raider
14-05-2009, 00:47
I don't know a great deal about r5 turbo's but some one once told me the raider was a 1.7 turbo, some old boy racer had one years ago near me, dark blue looked slighty kitted up and claims it was a 1.7..

Is this true ? :confused:

The German version of the Raider was called the GTE and that came with a 1.7 engine but non turbo'd.

However it's often lawded about that the Raider was a 1.7 Turbo (Or Twin Turbo eh Bill??? :laugh:)

But all the UK Raiders were 1.4 GT Turbo's with fancy blue touches, there were no changes to the performance.