PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know...

Russgt5
11-05-2009, 23:45
You will have to forgive my ignorance but im not very mechanicaly minded (wish i was:mad:).

I would like to know the name of wotever it is that holds the throttle cable to the arm/spring thing on the left hand side of the carb as i need a new 1............basicaly i had a throttle cable changed by a local garage a couple years back and when i got it back the throttle cable was held in place with a everyday plastic electrical connector block :scared: (to stop it pulling off/out) ahh ****,not explaining this very well,ill get a pic up tommorow,sorry.:sad2::scratch:

JRP
11-05-2009, 23:47
yeah put a pic up, i assume you mean the little clip thing?

car.crash
11-05-2009, 23:49
electrical blocks work a teat, or a earth pin from a 3 pin plug after a quick angle grind ;)
they dont fall off like the proper end cap that comes in the cable kit.

michael tierney
12-05-2009, 16:18
i think u mean a ferule(spelling?).slips over the inner cable and is then swaged on to it using a special crimper pliers!!

Russgt5
12-05-2009, 18:18
heres some pics as my explanation was a bit crap.......when i had the engine rebuilt last september by BB tuning i thought they would have changed it for the correct part but it was still there when i got the car back and it looks like its catching on the spring so does this mean i would have to buy a complete new throttle cable kit or can i just buy the part on its own?. (the engine/throttle seems to work ok like this but i want to sort it as it looks bodged to me)

GaryS
12-05-2009, 18:35
I have one of them fitted to mine, it works a treat. :cool:

The new Bill J
12-05-2009, 18:38
Those connectors work perfectly, i've been using one for about five years :agree:. Cut the plastic off it though.

You can keep a couple of spares in the car as well, just in case it pops off.

Russgt5
12-05-2009, 18:45
Ahh thanks lads for the info,ill keep it then an save some cash.:cool:

Also sorry for starting this thread.........i have just noticed someone else posted exactly the same problem in another thread,was too tired to notice last night.:ashamed:

R5GTTRaider
12-05-2009, 21:27
tut tut electrical blocks....

bodge it n scarpar lol

Russgt5
12-05-2009, 23:44
Is the proper part,part of a throttle cable kit then or can u buy it on its own as i would rather have the proper part but most seem to use the blocks?