PDA

View Full Version : brake bleeding mistery...

J$£5GTT
11-05-2009, 18:10
replaced my rear calipers and handbrake cables..now nearside rear the fluid
comes out flowing an bubble free,but offside rear nothing at all at the bleed
nipple...but if i undo the brake line going direct to that caliper its running
freely.

i have tried both methods pumping the pedal and at the moment im using the
easy bleed kit..also took bleed nipple right out an still nothing...:scratch:

cheers in advance chaps
:)

Schakal
11-05-2009, 18:34
blocked line or the caliper itself :coffee:

FurioKid
11-05-2009, 19:08
Take the bleed nipple out and put a pin inside the hole to clear it out and see if any fluid comes out without the nipple in?! I've had it with some debris just blocking it up

J$£5GTT
11-05-2009, 20:50
bleed nipple was took right out an checked for a blockage,i did make
sure the main line going in was clean before i done it up to,these are nice
new calipers.

if there was debris in the caliper where the rigid pipe goes in could
i clear that out with a needle or something or loosen it an then the fluid
will push it through??

:confused:

Alastair
11-05-2009, 22:21
:agree:dude, with new calipers it is fairly common to see loads of black rubbery crud when you first bleed them through - build debris. It sounds like the caliper is at fault given fluid is at brake line end, so i would remove bleed nibble and brake line, and blow through the caliper with compressed air from the bleed nipple port to back fluch any debris, watch your eyes! Then reassemble and give it another go. Failing that then take the caliper back!:agree:

Nick k
12-05-2009, 00:26
I have just bleed my rear calipers with a easy bleed. i had the back end of the car on axle stands and the torsion bar was telling the compensator there was no load, hence shutting the pressure right down. I had to hold the compensator lever down to get full pressure to my calipers. You may have to do the same to dislodge the blockage in your calipers if you have the rear in the air!!. Just a thought. ;)

Saint AAI
12-05-2009, 07:58
I have this exact same problem, if I pump the brake with the bleed nipple closed it stiffens up. Then if I get someone to loosen the bleed nipple while I keep my foot on the brake it drops to the floor and air comes out the caliper, but can't get it to bleed. Tried holding the compensator lever in and tried an easy bleed, but all I get is air and no fluid??

Alastair
12-05-2009, 11:29
Try the good old fashioned way with two people. Slow but will work so long as your master cylinder is not fubar...

J$£5GTT
12-05-2009, 18:52
I have just bleed my rear calipers with a easy bleed. i had the back end of the car on axle stands and the torsion bar was telling the compensator there was no load, hence shutting the pressure right down. I had to hold the compensator lever down to get full pressure to my calipers. You may have to do the same to dislodge the blockage in your calipers if you have the rear in the air!!. Just a thought. ;)

cheers for everyones input,today i tried what chris H suggested an zip tied the
compensator back...thus still no fluid coming out of the bleed nipple...so had an
old caliper an tried that,hey presto fluid !!!.

guess i could have used compressed air method but decided to remove it an
take it back,so hopefully it was a dud an the new one will be ok.

:agree::)