PDA

View Full Version : Laptop help..

5teve L
11-05-2009, 16:30
Some one may be able to help here as it's driving me nuts.. i had issues with my laptop the other day, all fixed now but i can't get the touchpad to work properly, how the feck do i get to the screen to adjust the touchpad settings ??
I know it's there as i found it by accident the other day !!

TIA
Steve

R5GTTRaider
11-05-2009, 16:35
usb mouse?

Sy5GTT
11-05-2009, 16:36
I have an icon at the bottom right of the screen.

5teve L
11-05-2009, 16:40
usb mouse?

I got a touchpad, why do i want a usb mouse..:scratch:

Anyway, still nothing, i know it's there somewhere :sad:

5teve L
11-05-2009, 16:42
ooo i forgot about this section....

The new Bill J
11-05-2009, 16:44
usb mouse?

What's that got to do with the price of fish? :scratch:

Steve, go to control panel, and under "Hardware and Sound", you'll have a "Mouse" option. You'll be able to adjust the settings there.

R5GTTRaider
11-05-2009, 16:45
well i was under the impression the touch pad wasnt working as the settings were wrong, so i suggesed using a usb mouse,to solve the touchpad settings and then use the pad ffs ill keep me mouth shut :cooter:

The new Bill J
11-05-2009, 16:49
well i was under the impression the touch poad wasnt working as the settings were wrong, so i suggesed using a usb mouse, ffs ill keep me mouth shut :cooter:

If someone put a post up saying that their car won't start, would you suggest that they buy an aeroplane?

5teve L
11-05-2009, 16:55
Can't find touchpad settings in there Bill, i found it by accident the other day & now nadda. the pad works it's just the center button i used to scroll the page down doesn't work now ??

The new Bill J
11-05-2009, 17:01
Can't find touchpad settings in there Bill, i found it by accident the other day & now nadda. the pad works it's just the center button i used to scroll the page down doesn't work now ??

Hmm, well maybe you should get a USB mouse :laugh:

5teve L
11-05-2009, 17:04
Hmm, well maybe you should get a USB mouse :laugh:

:laugh::wasntme:

DaveMayGTT
11-05-2009, 17:05
Like bill says, in control panel -> mouse. There is a drop down there to select the device you want to configure, make sure your touchpad is selected and then all your settings will be over the following tabs.

UNICRONICUS
12-05-2009, 13:44
Download and install the latest drivers from the manufacturers website, if this fails maybe your pad is buggered.

Spooky
12-05-2009, 13:55
If someone put a post up saying that their car won't start, would you suggest that they buy an aeroplane?

I'd suggest a new car :laugh:

Shakes
12-05-2009, 14:01
yeah this is very odd ive had many laptops in the past and repaired many for people, windows always have installed the drivers so the touchpad works usally the manafacture will supply drivers and software, but never makes any diffrence, as the windows drivers work fine, its just some added software with advanced setting from the manafacture.
what operating system are you using
also what make and model is the laptop
you could always try uninstalling the touchpad from your device manager.
then reboot the laptop windows will then find and autamaticly install the drivers for you.
providing your running winxp or vista that is

Shakes
12-05-2009, 14:24
download and install everest from the folling link
http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
this will tell you what hardware you have board manafacture etc, & what drivers your missing+give you a link to manafacture website where you can download the drivers.
making it easy ;)

Gymnast
01-06-2009, 21:47
5teve L - what's the make and model of your laptop ... UNICRONICUS has probably nailed it, 99% of the time the driver needs reinstalling/updating ... if you give me the make/model I can get the latest driver for you