PDA

View Full Version : Would you swap?

Sy5GTT
11-05-2009, 11:27
I've been looking for one for a while but wanted a newer one with lower milage. Also think my 5 is worth more. But the one in the garage could be swapped :crap:

What do you reckon?

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1027237.htm

R5GTTRaider
11-05-2009, 11:28
i reckon subraus are shiz :disagree:

daveybgtt
11-05-2009, 13:03
They're quality motors :cool:

I've ended up with one cos I've been without my 5 for so long, originally bought a celica GT-4 to tide me over, and had a cavalier SRi as a workhorse/spare/dog walkin/gatwick trip car. decided that was a bit excessive and bought the WRX wagon because it was 4wd turbo/quick etc plus had the advantage of 4 dors and boot space. Mines been totally reliable in the year and a half I've had it, insurance is dear, should be run on super unleaded, but parts seem cheap enough, all in all I would rate it as one of my favourite cars to have owned.

Saying that though it doesn't have the charm, or the fun factor a GT Turbo has, don't let the naysayers put you off, yes every ****s got one etc, but theres a reason for that ;)

Tiny Tim
11-05-2009, 13:04
i reckon subraus are shiz :disagree:

And you've owned how many?

Sy, looks overpriced to me mate. If you're genuinly looking drop me a PM and i'll help where I can. :)

Tiny Tim
11-05-2009, 13:05
should be run on super unleaded,

Yours an import Dave?

daveybgtt
11-05-2009, 13:10
Yeah, group 20 insurance too! :(

Actually, probably been mentioned hundreds of times in the past, but do our GT Turbo's need to be run on super unleaded as well?

Misky
11-05-2009, 13:11
Like Tim said that does look a tad over priced.
If I could get the insurance cheap enough I would prob have one over my 5.
They are a general solid car that can be pushed day in day out & it will just take it.
I love the new sti's one the fastest cars i have been in!

Sy5GTT
11-05-2009, 13:15
Yeah, group 20 insurance too! :(

Actually, probably been mentioned hundreds of times in the past, but do our GT Turbo's need to be run on super unleaded as well?

Thats why the insurance is 20. Uk cars are group 17. I got a quote of just over £400 full comp. Still undecided as it is an old car and can't imagine it being easy to DIY fix like the 5.

Tiny Tim
11-05-2009, 13:20
Thats the thing Sy, if you buy a decent one, you wont need to DIY it every weekend ;)

Only job i've done so far on the Leggy is rocker cover gaskets... took an age, but only because of the lack of space.

djinuk
11-05-2009, 13:39
my friend as a uk spec scooby. cheap insurance plaenty of power and runs on 95ron no problem. Took lots and lots of abuse, however its now sat on his back garden with a bottom end rattle..