View Full Version : Dimma Back Up And Running.....One prob tho..?

IANMM
10-05-2009, 12:01
Got the dimma running after replacing the pushrods and its sounding sweet.....did a video but the sound on my phone is **** and it sounds like a plane going over head lol......but i got one little problem.....it seems i got a oil leak thats either arround or onto of the starter motor now i havent had a really good look yet as the engine was warm but anyone got any ideas where it might be coming from etc...???

had a huge smile on my face all day yesterday at its nearly been 3 years since she ran :)

TrixNFlix
10-05-2009, 12:07
its not from the back of the head is it?:(

IANMM
10-05-2009, 12:19
dont think so it getting up to temp nicely and the coolant is running fine engine sounds mint.......the rocker cover gasket is a concern and thats got to be redone as it was leaking a bit....going to get a mirror under neathe it and start looking arround the corners me thinks :)

Sparkie
10-05-2009, 12:20
it will be the rocker gasket.

if you have done the rocker nuts up to too tight it bows the rocker out and it dont seal.

RICHIE
10-05-2009, 12:21
is it from the rocker cover seal

TrixNFlix
10-05-2009, 12:22
[QUOTE][if you have done the rocker nuts up to too tight it bows the rocker out and it dont seal./QUOTE]

I've done this before. I've got a serious problem with overtightening everthing, the amount of things ive snapped:ashamed:

IANMM
10-05-2009, 12:22
yeah thought it was.......had no sealent to fix it in a bit better so it wasnt sitting in there proporly me thinks :)

cheers for the advice :)

RICHIE
10-05-2009, 12:27
yeah thought it was.......had no sealent to fix it in a bit better so it wasnt sitting in there proporly me thinks :)

cheers for the advice :)

if you notice the seal can be clamped in using some pliers it holds it just enough to get it set

BriC
10-05-2009, 12:31
it will be the rocker gasket.

if you have done the rocker nuts up to too tight it bows the rocker out and it dont seal.

Yep - I had that problem (but it was because I forgot to do the nuts up properly :scared:)

bye_all_c_ya
10-05-2009, 19:08
good to hear its working mate whens the mot then mate lol

IANMM
11-05-2009, 09:17
good to hear its working mate whens the mot then mate lol

hmmmm MOT errrrr might get my "mate" to do me one ;)

Nayls
11-05-2009, 10:06
could be missing the fibre washers? mine leaked due to not having them previously.