PDA

View Full Version : Horn Wiring

scratcher
09-05-2009, 21:06
Could someone tell me where the power for the horn comes from?
My horn stopped working one day and just buzzed. I tried a universal jobbie and the same thing.
Put a multi-meter on it and its showing 2.334 volts when i press the stalk in. Battery says 12.59v so all is well there.
I can hear a realay clicking down by it.

Any ideas?
Cheers :)

bye_all_c_ya
09-05-2009, 22:01
i would also like to know where it all feeds from as i need to install mine and for got where plugs are ect

Deano
09-05-2009, 22:11
Could someone tell me where the power for the horn comes from?
My horn stopped working one day and just buzzed. I tried a universal jobbie and the same thing.
Put a multi-meter on it and its showing 2.334 volts when i press the stalk in. Battery says 12.59v so all is well there.
I can hear a realay clicking down by it.

Any ideas?
Cheers :)
Have you checked the horn with a foot pump to see if its that or the compressor that are not working ?

scratcher
09-05-2009, 22:16
No, but I tried a universal electric horn and it does the same thing.
It just seems that not enough powers getting through to turn the motor.

scratcher
10-05-2009, 21:24
This is where the relay was that was clicking. I took it out and it rattles so I'm guessing maybe its just past it's prime. Are these the same on all 5s or clios?
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g319/pimpscratcher/SDC12530.jpg

R5GTTRaider
10-05-2009, 22:03
i would also like to know where it all feeds from as i need to install mine and for got where plugs are ect
the wiring for this plugs in to the o/s chassis leg loom. this is then part of the front fog lights, the relay for the horn side down beside the rad and headlight on the o/s or the n/s depending on the wiring thats there

just find the fog light wiring and follow it to the n/s and you should find to female spade conectors which should/will run round the front of the n/s headlight frame and thought the hole for the headlight

RICHIE
10-05-2009, 22:05
ive got a load of the relays here mate you can have