PDA

View Full Version : Rear shocks - 6001 008 782 - help please

Purple_rob
06-05-2009, 18:29
hi all,

Mightmanx put up a thread a couple of days ago regarding some rear shock being upside down etc etc.

Basically he bought them from me and when they did not fit, I done th right thing and got them returned for a full refund so I could investigate the shocks. This was based on them visually looking wrong as per a few comments in the thread.

Anyways, now I wanted to chuck it out there and see where these are actually going wrong and maybe identify a potential problem Mighymanx has? - possibly.

Basically these are original new parts with part number 6001 008 782 stamped on them. I bought them a while back and decided to sell them on as I would'nt be fitting them right now.

Visually as above they a little different as they show the bump stop and have the metal ring at the top.

Could anyone clarify this number is stop on for the ph2
Has anyone ever bought original rear shocks and do they remember a difference.
From the visual difference and all the experience on here are they likely not to fit - being a gen part???

Thanks for all your help in advance. I am likely to re sell these or fit them if they are the right part but am obviously worried how they would'nt fit previously.

:agree:

Purple_rob
06-05-2009, 18:32
Pic

Andrew Cooke
06-05-2009, 19:47
looks like the right part to me

Purple_rob
06-05-2009, 21:25
cheers mate, any advance on that guys. Is the part number spot on etc ?

mightymanx
06-05-2009, 23:51
well i fitted them to the gtt and the problem i had was the metal bumper stop
was very close to the side of the upper chassis when fitted i only drove a very short distance as they were banging like crazy every thin was tight but it was the metal bumper stop that was the problem it had even left a little grove were it had been rubbing
i also checked the part numbers with euro cars and they all matched up
so no idea why renault fitted the extra bumper metal stop as the originals didnt have them:confused:

phase i 16 v turbo
07-05-2009, 10:51
cheers mate, any advance on that guys. Is the part number spot on etc ?

That is the current part number for the rear shocks, but it looks like there use to be a choice of manufactures. They look different to the last set I fitted. They looked more like these in the picture without the rubber spring part at the top.

Tiny Tim
07-05-2009, 10:55
Cant find the other thread, but I mentioned the helper spring. Is that a spring or dust cover, I cant make it out in the picture.

Tiny Tim
07-05-2009, 11:02
Just a thought, Renault are in the habbit of re-allocating old part numbers to new/similar parts. Its possible the part number is right (or at least was a few years ago) and has now been re-allocated due to Renault running out of OE rear shocks for the GTT.

Helper springs.... Hmm, perhaps they're for the Extra vans with wheelchair access.

On a side note, I SO need to turbo one of those bad boys one day.

Brigsy
07-05-2009, 11:20
Are the shockers bottomed out?

Extra van rear shockers are 6006003789d. I just got a pair last week, £48 ish each with discount. They are made by sachs.

I bought a pair of aftermarket delphi shockers for the extra off ebay & they were longer than o.e, Bottomed out solid when fitted compared to the originals. Got new renault shocks & they have at least 3" more travel. The shocks are as hard as koni's on a gtt id say, if you could get away with these on a lowered gtt they would work well imo.

Hoolio
07-05-2009, 13:08
This may help, as far as i know these are original (someone else may know different)
no spring at the top.

Brigsy
07-05-2009, 13:14
There the original gtt shocks. Pretty good at std rideheight to be fair :)

The extra van shockers i bought last week look the same. Does anybody know the compressed length of an o.e shock? ill measure the van shocks to compare if anybody wants.

Purple_rob
07-05-2009, 14:03
I can measure these ones up and that would really help.

These are pretty tough to move i'd say, compared with other shocks I have fitted in the past - other cars.

mightymanx
07-05-2009, 15:48
right ive done some editing to my pick so i can point out the problem
look in the linky below seems to be the metal rim thats the problem

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/manx5turbo/?action=view&current=shocker.jpg

Purple_rob
17-05-2009, 11:34
Just to continue the thread as I want to put these back up for sale.

Un-compressed they are 40cm
Compressed with bumper stop 35cm