PDA

View Full Version : Fiat Coupe 20valve turbo

Dan O'Neill
01-05-2009, 22:59
what are these cars like to drive/ use everyday, how reliable are they also how hard to work on? cheers

R5GTTRaider
02-05-2009, 00:56
i never realy had trouble with mine, engine and electrical wise

only had to replace a water pump and millde section which got replaced with a magnex s/s exhaust, sounded awsome on boost and a nice pur idling

was a nice and quick smooth power delivery, every thing felt solid under boost.

atturly makes good traction beeing fwd

the looks are stunning and so nice to drive.

try and get a limited adition one there much nicer

recomondations would be :

find a clean one (obisly)
one that hasnt had idications of the boost been wacked up. ie boost gadges etc and that it hasnt been teared about and looking for ussual turbo affliated abuse :laugh:
and genrealy a low milage one

but does handle boost well and dosnt sound out of revs.

but is very solid, the handling is amazing for a fwd turbo also it is comftable
in car road noise is quite good.

that was what mine felt like till an ole lady felt like saying hello and hit my rear end and wrecked it!!

still i love them and as a e30 came up soon after i went rwd for some time, but now back to a turbo!

any way the styling is awsome love the lines, lights and how the bonnet opens!

Sparkie
02-05-2009, 09:37
i bought one years ago for £4500. had a new turbo fitted to it.
supersprint exhaust and decat, i also fitted a novitec chip.
felt like a large gtt to drive.
the exhaust manifold snapped the studs off in the head, which i had to get sorted.
the car was very smooth and the noise from the exhaust was awesome!

however....

ate tyres,
i lost £2k in 10months of ownership after i sold it.
they are also group 20 insurance and they use more fuel than a Ukrainian pipeline.

the guy i sold it to, then blew the turbo, then the engine....

R5GTTRaider
02-05-2009, 10:34
i bought one years ago for £4500. had a new turbo fitted to it.
supersprint exhaust and decat, i also fitted a novitec chip.
felt like a large gtt to drive.
the exhaust manifold snapped the studs off in the head, which i had to get sorted.
the car was very smooth and the noise from the exhaust was awesome!

however....

ate tyres,
i lost £2k in 10months of ownership after i sold it.
they are also group 20 insurance and they use more fuel than a Ukrainian pipeline.

the guy i sold it to, then blew the turbo, then the engine....

must of been one that wasnt looked after.

mine felt solid and never had engine probs, and i felt it didnt drink petrol, tho it maybe due to the chip installed,

Sparkie
02-05-2009, 16:36
think that may have been how i drove it....

record overtaking maneuvre on way to Swaffham from Brum...2 coaches and 5 cars in one go.... :dearme::dearme:

Dan O'Neill
02-05-2009, 22:04
Thanks for your replies its been good I really like these cars never driven one but would love to if I get the chance, I will have to wait till the insurance comes down before I think about getting one put I dont have the space. Cheers.

Blick
03-05-2009, 09:15
did think about getting 1 of them.... pretty cheap 2 pick up these days!!! just didnt fancy gettin my pants pulled down over group 20 for a fiat. nice lookin motors though i must say :agree:

Maka
03-05-2009, 09:23
think that may have been how i drove it....

record overtaking maneuvre on way to Swaffham from Brum...2 coaches and 5 cars in one go.... :dearme::dearme:

in reverse?

Sparkie
03-05-2009, 15:36
in reverse?

yeah complete with J turn. :laugh:

R5GTTRaider
04-05-2009, 00:26
yeah complete with J turn. :laugh:
ah boring

you wanted to have done a 360 mate :crap:

ROB C2GTT
04-05-2009, 08:37
Not bad motors really. Ive got a couple that come into work and touch wood never been any major issues. One thing to look for tho is proof that the cambelt has been done and not needed, as you wont want the bill!Only thing i do find is they seem to rust badly underneath? i.e brackets, pipes etc. One of our customers had a lucky escape when the oil coler pipe rusted through and spat it all over the road.

Sparkie
05-05-2009, 12:30
interestingly, when i used to jack the car up, the chassis used to flex that much, the door didnt used to wanna close properly!:laugh:

steveR5GTT
28-07-2009, 12:38
Great cars, had mine over a year with no probs wot so eva, as said above just make sure camblet has been done and water pump changed at the same time

Mates had his ova 3 years now and is currently runnin 340bhp and not had any probs either, wud defo own another 1 of these and tbh even tho insurance is grp 20 was cheaper to insure than my mk3 vr6 so god knows how that works lol

Parts are cheap aswel, 50 gearbox's and good 2nd hand turbos 50 engines 300-400 so not gona break the banks either

IANMM
28-07-2009, 12:53
my mates after a new turbo for his as he has blew it up......any ideas (apart from flea bay)

Sparkie
28-07-2009, 20:27
i got mine from alternative autos in huddersfield. but im sure adam L can build em tooooooo.