PDA

View Full Version : stripping subframe

richi
01-05-2009, 15:53
painting my subframe been going at it with a wire bruse and drill for a while to get all the years of rust and paint off, is there an easier way or should i stop moaning and start graftin, i know i could go and get it sandblasted but dont mind doing it myself

Misky
01-05-2009, 15:55
NITROMORS :agree:

richi
01-05-2009, 15:57
used that whilst stripping my boot didnt think it would work on the subframe with all the grease and stuff but im prob wrong

Misky
01-05-2009, 16:02
Just give it a wash down with a de-greaser then slap it on. Should work ok.

djinuk
01-05-2009, 18:10
do what i did on my 205, put it in a car and go pay one of the local garage with a high pressure jetwash... shapoo wash and wax works great :P

J$£5GTT
01-05-2009, 20:05
painting my subframe been going at it with a wire bruse and drill for a while to get all the years of rust and paint off, is there an easier way or should i stop moaning and start graftin, i know i could go and get it sandblasted but dont mind doing it myself

go check out the old 'por 15' mate
frost restoration.co.uk

you dont need to get the wire wheel on it with this stuff..
por 15 then chassis coat black on top.

:agree:..oh before you paint it use the metal ready they supply
it blitzes the rust an prepares it for the por 15..:agree:

richi
01-05-2009, 20:44
do what i did on my 205, put it in a car and go pay one of the local garage with a high pressure jetwash... shapoo wash and wax works great :P

did thAt to get most off the gunk from 20years worth of road use lol, but there is rust all over it including under the paint so really needs top all go back to bear metal

J$£5GTT
01-05-2009, 23:28
did thAt to get most off the gunk from 20years worth of road use lol, but there is rust all over it including under the paint so really needs top all go back to bear metal

if you read up on this stuff you will find you will save time an in the long run
keeping it from rusting again/more....normal chassis paint etc is porous an a
waste of time...

:agree: