PDA

View Full Version : Member of the month

Nayls
03-09-2008, 10:25
Thought it would be a good idea to have (if possible) a kind of member of the month q&a thingy :)

like you used to get in the back of performance gti on the "tuners"

They used to get asked questions such as,Current car?,Fave french car of all time?,What's your poison?,favourite food?.

We could ask,do you have any projects,what power/times are you expecting,do you like this or that etc + some/all of the above.

could even have "tuners"/people with banners being member of the month too.

you might think it's a crap idea,tell me if you do :) but i dont think anyone else has anything like it & it would be an intresting read.

D4WNO
03-09-2008, 13:28
I really like the idea Nayls, who gets to choose who it is each month and where on the site will it be displayed?

Nayls
03-09-2008, 16:25
I really like the idea Nayls, who gets to choose who it is each month and where on the site will it be displayed?

I had'nt got that far :ashamed:

admin could get a programme to pick out a random member number to pick who it is.

Could put it as a monthly event,then when you click the event it take's you to a seperate page where you get to view it???or simply display it in a locked thread?

i dont know really,all depends on what the site allows.

D4WNO
03-09-2008, 16:33
Either way, I think it's a cool idea and if need be I don't mind collecting the info from the chosen user each month?

Could even ask for people to put themselves up for it and do a poll so the members can vote on who they'd like to see - Gets a bit of involvement from all the members?

Ian S
03-09-2008, 16:39
I think Dawns idea is the workable one.

Picking at random will most often find a member who doesn't log on, etc.

A lot of the info will already be available in their profile though.

Tiny Tim
03-09-2008, 19:04
An agony uncle corner (similar to the Wizard) would probably help half our members too.

Nayls
03-09-2008, 23:19
An agony uncle corner (similar to the Wizard) would probably help half our members too.

Who let you in!? :sad2:;)

Scoff
03-09-2008, 23:32
like you used to get in the back of performance gti on the "tuners"

do I get a prize for having been on that page ? :D

Nayls
21-02-2010, 16:15
bumping this up as maybe it's something for the "shake up" ?

Ricardo
21-02-2010, 16:31
Good idea :agree:

Tony Walker
21-02-2010, 20:47
:)member poll sounds like a good idea

m5tt
21-02-2010, 21:02
How about also having a 'car of the month' type thing .... Readers Rides Well fast car style :laugh:

Each month a members car is put up front. For a small write up with pictures and details on mods etc ... On the home page (example) Perhaps a show of apreciation from the club itself in the work being carried out by the indivual..

Wallace
21-02-2010, 22:27
How about also having a 'car of the month' type thing .... Readers Rides Well fast car style :laugh:

Each month a members car is put up front. For a small write up with pictures and details on mods etc ... On the home page (example) Perhaps a show of apreciation from the club itself in the work being carried out by the indivual..

:agree:

Tony Walker
21-02-2010, 23:13
People could be congratulated on getting there cars back on the road after years of sitting on axle stands or ramps :D i might get first award if thats the case :D:D