PDA

View Full Version : standard engine

NayJ
30-04-2009, 15:20
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

JRP
30-04-2009, 15:23
standard engine to you to.. hello :confused: you didnt post anything just the title then nothing... did you collapes whilst typing and hit post with your forhead"? you ok

Misky
30-04-2009, 15:27
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/NGSPOD/130778.jpg

JRP
30-04-2009, 15:29
^^^ thats the one

Junglist
30-04-2009, 20:15
lol

NayJ
01-05-2009, 17:15

very funny guys, was using the web on my phone and it wouldnt let me enter any text in, and it was to late then to undo.:confused:

anyways, my cars runnin a standard engine with a dump valve fitted to a hard boost pipe and i was wonderin where do i start if i wana start makin a few upgrades

Nayls
01-05-2009, 17:29

very funny guys, was using the web on my phone and it wouldnt let me enter any text in, and it was to late then to undo.:confused:

anyways, my cars runnin a standard engine with a dump valve fitted to a hard boost pipe and i was wonderin where do i start if i wana start makin a few upgrades

If that's your only mod then you should really be looking at Exhaust & air filter for your 1st mods,saying that though there's nothing wrong with the originals.

How much power are you looking for & what's your budget?

JRP
01-05-2009, 17:35
You want a jolly good service. This can be done your self, and guides to things your unsure on are in the articals section, failing that just ask.

once you have given it a lovly service, check everything cooling wise and fueling.

Dependant on how good your engine and bay is, id start with non power mods, new hoses, and a good clean up.

once you have made sure that the car is able to be a reliable runner, and the engine is solid.

Exhaust possibly, maybe look at re jetting carb and turning boost up, loose the dump valve its gay.... (did i say that ???)

little things can make the smile on your face alot bigger.

Sparkie
02-05-2009, 09:24
its all about the 14psi!!!