PDA

View Full Version : Hospitals speedy or what

JRP
29-04-2009, 12:00
Ok arrive at ashtead hospital this morn at 7am.

get shown to me room, get changed... got some real snazzy paper under pants wooo i looked good.

By 8.30 i was in theater... drugged up to the eye balls.

discography/discogram done, (needle into the bone/disc.. whilst im awake. the bad disc and one above the good one. HURT LIKE FECK.....

The disk in question is bulged, cracked and torn and leaking the contrast fluid injected.

10am rolls round i find my self in my room the last hour odd a blur.

consultant tell me whats required, hmmm im going to have mini shock absorbers bolted to the bad disk and one above.

I cant belive they are going to cost more than my vees worth. hopfully i make national day, i will attend pod as thats prior to this going on. how the hecky pecky im so buggerd ile never know!

anyway thought id share my morning:sad::sad:

BriC
29-04-2009, 12:11
When you say disk, you mean cartlidge? Where is the damage? Any idea how it was done?

JRP
29-04-2009, 12:21
They inject a contrast into the disk, any cracks in the disk or tears then the fluid leaks out. When the fluid leaks it reacts with the nerve endings causing the recipient pain, in this case me. its to provoc the pain and prove the point/source of the problem.

ive had 8 proceedures now, de nerveations, and facet joint injections so im used to needles in my back.

But needles in my disk is a whole new ball game it hurt, and i think discs are bone bric ;)

BriC
29-04-2009, 12:31
Aah right. So it's in the back? It all sounds very delightful.... :chuckup::sad:

JRP
29-04-2009, 12:39
im laying on my sofa i feel sick, ohh well at least im home and not stuck in a hospital lol, dont fancy being stuck in their for days on end

D4WNO
29-04-2009, 12:39
For those of us that don't know your medical history, what was actually wrong, what are they doing to fix it?

Tiny Tim
29-04-2009, 12:46
We can rebuild him.

Nenanananananananananananananaaaaaa.....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_d2lmeN5F53U/RzE2SXQKPdI/AAAAAAAAAW0/unn8H-tY03I/s400/The_Six_Million_Dollar_Man.jpg

JRP
29-04-2009, 12:48
For those of us that don't know your medical history, what was actually wrong, what are they doing to fix it?

My back boogerd, got a squashed/bulged/cracked disk in the lower back.

had the facet joints that sit inbetween the disks fixed, and nerves removed.

Now still with it not right i had this diagnostics today, it hurt basicly.

The fix for it is to have the bad disk and one above joint together, Not fused as commomly done, but clamped together with two mini shock absorbers, they attach the mini shock by screwing them into my disks. that should reduce the pressure on the bad disk allowing it to mend and not hurt, ile be bionic

fidos got a raider
29-04-2009, 13:02
I wish you a speedy recovery fella

JRP
29-04-2009, 13:03
I wish you a speedy recovery fella

well put it this way, tommorrow nights on, ile be in/on my davros chair in the garage, and cant even lift my lighter for a fag lol... but game ooooooon

The new Bill J
29-04-2009, 13:23
Ashtead hospital, about as posh as you can get :smokin:

I can nearly see it from my house. I saw John Terry going in there a while back!

i l k e r
29-04-2009, 13:47
Good luck with the whole operation my friend :agree:

make sure they use some good quality double adjustable coilovers for better handling :)

JRP
29-04-2009, 13:54
Good luck with the whole operation my friend :agree:

make sure they use some good quality double adjustable coilovers for better handling :)

LOL ive been wondering how they cost such a stupid amount, Bupa wont cover it either, so i hope the nhs will.... im more worried than the time i put microwave pop corn in and the micro wave blew up, set on fire and smoked the house out

wrightygtt
29-04-2009, 16:12
hope your on the mend soon:agree:

scratcher
29-04-2009, 16:48
im more worried than the time i put microwave pop corn in and the micro wave blew up, set on fire and smoked the house out

Blimey, you must be worried :laugh:
A guy at work just had a steroid injection in his spine and I thought that sounded grim.

I hope it all goes well for ya :agree:

JRP
29-04-2009, 16:51
Blimey, you must be worried :laugh:
A guy at work just had a steroid injection in his spine and I thought that sounded grim.

I hope it all goes well for ya :agree:

Ive had countless steroid injections in my back, then back to work as a gas man with in a couple days they are ok for a short pain relief.

MikeA
29-04-2009, 16:55
I was in just after Christmas. Did you get to wipe that swab under your gooch for MRSA? I thought the nurse was kidding.

And yeah the paper pants are sexy as fook. :wasntme:

Good luck with everything.

JRP
29-04-2009, 17:01
I was in just after Christmas. Did you get to wipe that swab under your gooch for MRSA? I thought the nurse was kidding.

And yeah the paper pants are sexy as fook. :wasntme:

Good luck with everything.

Hahaha yeah i went in friday they swbbed my nose, and my nadgers for mrsa.

i said to the nurse "you just wanted a cheeky peek"

She frowned:laugh::laugh:

J$£5GTT
29-04-2009, 17:14
get well mate,needles in the spine sound painful....look ahead an on
the mend innit....hey listen up you never no the treatment may have
effects on you sex life an give you a really big weener !!!!!

:agree::cool:

JRP
29-04-2009, 17:15
get well mate,needles in the spine sound painful....look ahead an on
the mend innit....hey listen up you never no the treatment may have
effects on you sex life an give you a really big weener !!!!!

:agree::cool:

Or like ive been told make me impitent or how ever its spelt... if it gave me a king kong dong id be less worried