PDA

View Full Version : Engine revs bogging down

stevo clio
28-04-2009, 23:44
i have just got my engine built up and fitted but when i press the throttle it dies, but if i blip it it will pick up and it revs sweet after 2500rpm, this is making it a pain to do small manovers etc. will this be the carb needing set up or rejetted?, it is still producing steam when up to temperature, also i have not given this engine a good run since being built as its only going to be a track car and first race is on sunday

stevo clio
29-04-2009, 18:00
anybody please :)

JRP
29-04-2009, 18:04
Tried cleaning out the carb with a bit of carb cleaner? try this see if it improves, failing that is the fuel you using good or has it sat around for a while?

Leads and plugs ok or sooty? Plenty oil in the car?

JRP
29-04-2009, 18:05
May just need a little run, or up to temp then and only then a few good revs but nothing mad, might need a clear out

R5GTTRaider
29-04-2009, 19:20
i have just got my engine built up and fitted but when i press the throttle it dies, but if i blip it it will pick up and it revs sweet after 2500rpm, this is making it a pain to do small manovers etc. will this be the carb needing set up or rejetted?, it is still producing steam when up to temperature, also i have not given this engine a good run since being built as its only going to be a track car and first race is on sunday
got a chokeless carb?:agree:

stevo clio
29-04-2009, 22:34
Tried cleaning out the carb with a bit of carb cleaner? try this see if it improves, failing that is the fuel you using good or has it sat around for a while?

Leads and plugs ok or sooty? Plenty oil in the car?

The engine was sat for about 4 years disassembled (e.g. no liners in the block and contained in 4 boxes) oil level is good just using 10-40 semi synthetic, it has has new fuel in it about 2 week ago. havent checked plugs recently but were ok last time i looked

have got a choke on the carb