PDA

View Full Version : wanted : Good Advice

duggie1983
28-04-2009, 22:42
want some addvoice on t25 turbo or t28 turbo or any bigger turbo than the standard one. :cry:

how to fit them.:confused:

what car to get it off.:confused:

and what mods i have to do.:confused:

many thanks.:)

duggie:smokin:

jantheeven
29-04-2009, 07:40
Take a look at the websites of K-tec, CGB, GT Tuning mate... loads of big turbos for you to play with. No mods necessary and fitting is the same as for the std turbo...

jure
29-04-2009, 08:28
There are few turbos, both T25 and T28 that will require only rotating the housings to get it fitted. There can always be problem with different oil inlet/outlet but that is just difference in tread size.

Most popular is Tomcat from Rover 220 Ti or 820 Ti. It is T25 with .48 front and .49 rear. You will need to blank internal wastegate and rotate housing a bit to get it running.

Almost similar turbo can be found in early 200SX S13 but that one doesn't have internal wastegate and trim, let's say, can cope less power. Housings size is the same.

Some Saab 9000 have T25 which is same as S13 from the outside while I do not know what is the situation with the trim.

I also heard that T28 from Fiat Coupe 20v turbo can be fitted in GTT without much work but, as i said, my knowledge about that is based only on what I heard.

I'm sure there is few others but cannot think of any ATM...

Sparkie
29-04-2009, 18:31
I also heard that T28 from Fiat Coupe 20v turbo can be fitted in GTT without much work but, as i said, my knowledge about that is based only on what I heard.

i had a fiat 20vt, and the compressor housing and core looked exactly the same as the t28 i was running on my gtt at the time. i dont think the exhaust housing was the same - a 3 bolt fitting springs to mind....