PDA

View Full Version : Status message :)

Scoff
03-09-2008, 01:18
It's a blatent idea theft from facebook I know, but I thought it would be pretty cool to have a "status" setting, somewhere to type in your current activity, mood, or whatever the hell you wanted (maybe I should add a naughty-word filter..)

Load the live window (or reload if already open) and you'll see a new input at top right, type something into it and press 'Go!', your status will appear under your name in the on-line list :) To clear it you just enter nothing and press 'Go!'.

If it becomes popular I can add the status message into forum or profile pages too.

Or, if it becomes annoying I can pull it altogether.

It's limited to 40chars so that it doesn't get too unwieldy :coffee:

Penfold aka The Dealer
03-09-2008, 08:34
Sounds like a plan :-)

Nayls
03-09-2008, 10:14
Good idea! :)

D4WNO
03-09-2008, 16:40
I know how RTOC is really hot on the site being family friendly so am just gonna go test if I can swear in the update box, back in a sec

D4WNO
03-09-2008, 16:43
Yup looks like we can swear freely, is there any way that it can be filtered to keep it in line with RTOCs policies?

Love the idea though, should get some pretty funny updates too like on FaceBook :)

Ian S
03-09-2008, 18:37
LOL, you should have seen the swearing thread when we were testing the filter.

D4WNO
03-09-2008, 19:14
Lol I can only imagine Ian! :D

Scoff
03-09-2008, 20:37
Yup looks like we can swear freely, is there any way that it can be filtered to keep it in line with RTOCs policies?

Love the idea though, should get some pretty funny updates too like on FaceBook :)

(maybe I should add a naughty-word filter..) <-- is what I'd already wrote :cool:

But yea, definatly needs filtering, I just wizzed up the basic store and fetch procedures last night, I can add filtering pretty easy. It's on the list, I'll do it before the site goes live :)

Scoff
03-09-2008, 21:51
The status message is now filtered for most of the severe words I could think off plus I've got it to strip html tags just incase someone decided to try and be a smart arse ;)

Scoff
03-09-2008, 22:31
It now also functions a bit tidier than before. Rarther than have the text box always on the screen you get a message in the top right hand corner. Close live and open it again to get the new version :)

D4WNO
04-09-2008, 12:15
Check you out, you don't waste any time!