PDA

View Full Version : Clio 16v fuel line diagram

Markey Mark (BD)
27-04-2009, 19:22
Anyone got a diagram for the fuel lines on a Clio 16v, i'm just finishing off a gt conversion on one but have a problem with the fuel return line and may need to replace it but am unsure of were it runs.

If not does anyone know if the return line runs straight back to the tank or is it tied into another line?

Rob@Backyardracing
27-04-2009, 22:33
should go directly to the tank top, under black cap?

Markey Mark (BD)
28-04-2009, 18:50
I had a quick look today and found a type of valve/filter joined into the pipe just before the sender unit, was that on yours Rob? Wonder if it is needed if using the gt lump, i'll get a pic of it later on.

Either way its got a blockage in there somewhere so at last resort i may run a new line to the tank

Markey Mark (BD)
28-04-2009, 19:57
Here's the bit i'm refering too, it has a small hose coming off the back but unsure of where it goes or what it does. Connected to the breather maybe?

With the other pic the item is connected to the one on the left which is fuel in, middle is fuel out.

TURBO'D CLIO
28-04-2009, 20:38
If you think you have a blockage then just pull each end of the pipe off and blow down it?, maybe you have kinked it some where ? :agree:

Oh and those pipes one's flow, one's return and the other will be a breather, either to filler neck or carbon canister... :agree:

Markey Mark (BD)
28-04-2009, 21:44
Yeah knew what pipe done what on the sender unit mate;)

I'm just really wondering what this thing is on the return line, i'm wondering if this is causing my return flow problem, if i can find out if its needed or not i'll blow it through and if still isn't any good will run a new line

Rob@Backyardracing
28-04-2009, 21:48
My clio didnt have that valve Mark.. :confused:

Markey Mark (BD)
28-04-2009, 22:01
My clio didnt have that valve Mark.. :confused:

Hmmm thats interesting, i wonder what its there for. Its an M-reg clio so not too sure if that has anything to do with it being a later model. My clio 16v is an M-reg to so will check if that has it also.

I'll prob try removing it and giving the car a run to see if the carb fluds again, if fix's it see where it goes and then try remove it

Scoff
28-04-2009, 22:05
I know that a lot of guys have problems with the return line being too restrictive making the carb over fill. I thought that was down to a narrow return pipe though.

Markey Mark (BD)
28-04-2009, 22:08
I know that a lot of guys have problems with the return line being too restrictive making the carb over fill. I thought that was down to a narrow return pipe though.

That might be an idea mate, i didn't run about a 2m length of 8mm pipe straight off the regulator and it ran fine. I'll give the return a measure up tomorrow and see if the internal diameter is smaller.

Rob@Backyardracing
29-04-2009, 07:09
Also if you remove the pump and see where the fuel returns the the side of the pump to base, the pipe has a small plastic lip near the end (part of the pump in tank) i had to remove this also. With this removed i had same fuel pressure at carb base over a 8mm bore pipe.. My clio was the Ph1 16v.. As said may be dif on the ph2 valver.. So just run a pipe down...:agree:

stevo clio
29-04-2009, 07:31
i have just done the conversion in a 1.4 8v and it didn't have this or a third pipe going to the pump (i dont think) but could that not be a one way valve at all. have you tried getting an air line onto the end under the bonet and giving it a good 100 psi clean out?;)

Markey Mark (BD)
29-04-2009, 16:38
Sorted it now!:D

The little valve on the fuel return ended up being a diverter, it split the line and sent fuel to the main tank and the reserve tank too.
Once i removed it and looked inside it has a 3mm hole in it for fuel to pass through, so there be my restriction!

Note to anyone who find this when doing the conversion, remove it. I ran the pipe direct to tank and bloked the one off on the reserve tank.