View Full Version : front wheel bearing

fishersaulgt
26-04-2009, 12:28
Was wondering how to get post up in live , didnt realise it was just a boards link!

As i asked in bric's breather thread by accident am i safe to drive home? im 300 miles away and my front right wheel bearing has started screaching when turning left. checked it all out and theres alot of play in it! therse nothing i can do where i am and i have a spare at home but under experience any one know if its safe to drive or will somthing mad happen like the wheel popping of? :scared:

RICHIE
26-04-2009, 13:34
Was wondering how to get post up in live , didnt realise it was just a boards link!

As i asked in bric's breather thread by accident am i safe to drive home? im 300 miles away and my front right wheel bearing has started screaching when turning left. checked it all out and theres alot of play in it! therse nothing i can do where i am and i have a spare at home but under experience any one know if its safe to drive or will somthing mad happen like the wheel popping of? :scared:

dont risk it. i had a wheel bearing fail on me when doing 70mph and disentigrated sprayed hot metal all up the side of my car and nearly caused me to have a accident there were no signs of play at the time but i wouldnt risk it its only a cheap fix