PDA

View Full Version : Harvey Snowden

speebly
25-04-2009, 17:49
Do Not Buy From This Member: He Assured Me The Engine I Bought From Him Was A Good 1! After Fitting It - It Had More Rattles Than A Bag Of Spanners!! A Good Way To Blow A Grand!... Im Still Waiting For A Reply Harvey??????????????

Tiny Tim
25-04-2009, 20:17
I'm sorry, £1k for an engine?

You have been done mate.

Penfold aka The Dealer
25-04-2009, 21:48
TBH the engine may have been ok when sold/took out of the car...

Kris M brought a cup car and the engine in there had been rebuilt... started up fine but when the engine was under load it sounded like the big end had gone...

Stripped the engine and found no fault, put it all back together and jobs a good un, runs sweet as now.

So perhaps you should find out why its running like a bag of sh*t? How long was it standing? Does it turn over? Did you turn it over manually before installing it?

But yeh £1k on a 2nd engine with out knowing it is alot of money!

JRP
26-04-2009, 19:48
you spent a grand on an engine, thats not even a new rebuilt one... and not really knowing if its good or not.... U sure is this one of those wind ups?

RICHIE
26-04-2009, 19:57
can you be specific about your symptoms. is it possible you may have done something wrong.

speebly
28-04-2009, 22:35
NO!!! not a wind up. it was a full and supposedley good running 1.7 prima racing set up.

Penfold aka The Dealer
28-04-2009, 22:37
NO!!! not a wind up. it was a full and supposedley good running 1.7 prima racing set up.

well theres your problem then...

Let us know more about this and i am sure our members can help...

speebly
28-04-2009, 22:39
i finally stripped the engine down, only to find the block had been over bored and large piston rings fitted, hence a lot of piston slap and rattle. and the cam and bearing surfaces in the head were heavily scored. ..so the engine was f**ked!! basically.

JRP
29-04-2009, 14:47
i finally stripped the engine down, only to find the block had been over bored and large piston rings fitted, hence a lot of piston slap and rattle. and the cam and bearing surfaces in the head were heavily scored. ..so the engine was f**ked!! basically.

have a word with the chap involved... words get rather heavy when more than 500 is involved with me.

then bite it swallow and rebuild.. you will have fun doing it, im sure local members will help. thats what the clubs here for help:)

Spooky
29-04-2009, 14:57
i think mr m's engine had water in it instead of oil lol

when he showed me what he had drained from the engine i couldnt believe it.

still, after taking it out and checking it as well as he could, no damage was done and now he really has an uber clean/quiet engine...the bitch :laugh:

JRP
29-04-2009, 15:17
:laugh: