PDA

View Full Version : Kangoo 1.6 16v problems - Experts, help!

ave
24-04-2009, 15:38
First post!

Hi,

I've just bought a used Kangoo 1.6 16V (K4M?) for the family, and already have big problems. :mad:
The car developed an electronic fault which disabled the throttle. Like if the car had an electronic throttle body (does it?) I just couldn't accelerate, the throttle pedal had no effect at all.

Now, as it was diagnosed with this error and the error code was cleared, and it runs normally. But I was told by the service that I need a new throttle body assembly as it's a single unit.

Can anybody help me out with some technical drawings?

Trevhib
24-04-2009, 16:08
Sorry can't help you Ave but great to see you back on the site :agree:

Good luck with the Kangoo.

Sparkie
24-04-2009, 16:34
what was the error code?

ave
24-04-2009, 16:49
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

They didn't tell me the error code, just that I need to replace the throttle body assembly and it would cost meg 400+ GBP. That's not very likely that I'll part with that much money, if I can use a 2nd hand part or just fix it. But I simply don't know what I have.
It's not a C1J, unfortunately. :)

Are these newer engines also in Dialog? (Not that I have access to one now.)

Sparkie
24-04-2009, 17:16
they may need to code the new throttle body to the ecu....

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
24-04-2009, 23:30
Does the Kangoo have a throttle cable? With a K4M it will noticable....right in the middle of the inlet manifold on top.....if it has a motorised throttle body it could be the pedal potentiometer going out of limits.......or if you see some green ****ty stuff under the fuse and relay board under the bonnet then it is rotting out its wiring loom.....

ave
25-04-2009, 18:46
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

they may need to code the new throttle body to the ecu....

:eek: Oh no, I hate these modern electronic engines. :(

Thanks. My father found some german documentation, I'll check that and will take a better look under the hood as well.

If there's a throttle cable I might be able to find that! ;) Will check the connectors/loom as well.