PDA

View Full Version : kidney removal

Nayls
24-04-2009, 13:44
Anybody had this done? or know anybody that has?

my 10 year old sister is having one removed today :( poor thing,it's a huge op for someone so young.

just wanted to know what she's going to be feeling like after?

JRP
24-04-2009, 14:19
My girlfriend had it done hmmmmmm a a few weeks of agony ahead.

she should be ok, hospitals will explain all and as long as the parents/you take it in all will be good :)

Dont worry your self dude, i have faith im letting them make my back bionic

Hoolio
24-04-2009, 17:11
Yep and I'm still here n million years later, it does take a while but I'm sure she'll be fine.
I don't remember any pain, in fact i was pretty numb all over. but i was very young, younger than your sister. The main thing to remember is that this will probably be the first time away from home and family and it will be scary, It was two months for me and the overwhelming thing i remember is being lonely so lots of visits and loving.

Nayls
25-04-2009, 10:07
The op was a success! :)

took 5 hours instead of the intended 3.

she's swollenen all over her body,apparantly this is normal after the op.

been sick a few times due to the morphene that she's on,but generally she's comfortable & ok :)

thanks for the pm's wishing her well,i appreciate it :)

RICHIE
26-04-2009, 00:13
my old man had a kidney transplant 9 years ago he got a phone call to say a man was in a motorcycle accident and his organs have being donated can you get yourself to the hospital in 2 hours. operation went well and hes still alive now although he has to take alot of anti rejection tablets he lives a good life. :agree:

JRP
26-04-2009, 11:21
The op was a success! :)

took 5 hours instead of the intended 3.

she's swollenen all over her body,apparantly this is normal after the op.

been sick a few times due to the morphene that she's on,but generally she's comfortable & ok :)

thanks for the pm's wishing her well,i appreciate it :)

top darts dude told you to have faith, praise the lord i say praise the lord

Maggie
30-04-2009, 18:19
My dad had a kidney removed last October due to Renal Cell Carsinoma (not sure of the spelling), he was up and about really quick, 10 days after the op he was at a dinner dance.

Glad to hear your sister is doing well. :)