PDA

View Full Version : FMIC and Boost pressure

Kenobi
23-04-2009, 11:14
When a FMIC is fitted. The pipework is usually at least twice the length. i think. Does this mean there will automatically be a drop in full boost pressure?

IANMM
23-04-2009, 11:29
i would have thought that the turbo would fill any FMIC with charge instantly so my opinion is no.....

Spooky
23-04-2009, 12:13
it would depend on efficiency of the intercooler core in my opinion and the routing of the pipes...

D4WNO
23-04-2009, 12:39
Moving to technical discussion frum. Kenobi, could you please be careful to post your threads on the correct forum please, yours have to be moved the majority of the time, ta :)

jure
23-04-2009, 13:43
When a FMIC is fitted. The pipework is usually at least twice the length. i think. Does this mean there will automatically be a drop in full boost pressure?

Bit more lag but psi drop depends on, as already said, quality of the IC core.

Spooky
23-04-2009, 13:47
speaking of cores...bar and plate design for the win :agree: or :disagree:...?

jure
23-04-2009, 16:14
:agree:

Ricardo
23-04-2009, 17:21
Spooky you should know this :) On the Forge FMIC i was seeing a 3psi difference before and after the intercooler. I had a boost gauge set up on the turbo housing and another after the carb.

Don't you lose 2psi through the carb? Overall loss (difference) was 5psi from between the turbo and after the carb

Kenobi
24-04-2009, 07:09
Moving to technical discussion frum. Kenobi, could you please be careful to post your threads on the correct forum please, yours have to be moved the majority of the time, ta :)

Dawno I dont class any of my threads as technical and as I 'm only chatting much the same as if we were sat around a cafe table with mates I dont expect the discussion to be archived in some sort of technical library.

Technical discussion is for the hardcore, I was after some happy go lucky opinions that I can take or leave. :agree:

Rob@Backyardracing
24-04-2009, 07:36
Ive never noticed any lag from going from say a 3.5 liter core to 19.5 liter core.. As for pressures from turbo to carb maybe a couple psi no more than that over my FMC i have at the moment....