PDA

View Full Version : After all this it's no good

TURBO'D CLIO
22-04-2009, 07:41
Well people after all these last few weeks slogging under my mk2 clio might be pointless now..
If you look at a mk1 clio the mount in the inner wing is total different to mine, mine has 4 bolts and the rsi mount i need has only 3.

Aldso the cut out where that mount sits on the inner wing is massive on the mk2 and the mk1 seams alot smaller..
At first i thought i could just swap the mounts over but now i'm not so sure, as mine has 4 bolts and the mk1 clio has 3 on that mount..

Been offered a mk1 clio on a p reg for 100 quid with a popped head gasket, i might just buy that rather than p*ss around with mine trying to bodge mounts...

I know that using the rsi mk1 mounts it will dit into a mk1 clio, but looking at it and the rubber mount in the wing i dont think it will fit a mk2?

Gutted :sad:

Adey aka Ewok
22-04-2009, 08:12
get a welder out and sort it, c1j has been chucked into everyshape of clio so im sure the ovlov lump will go easy enough, use some imagination:agree:

tom t
22-04-2009, 17:34
definatley agree would be awesome. gotta be done :agree:

Scoff
22-04-2009, 18:12
Like I said pal, I worked on a volvo engine in a Mk2, the mount was custom, certainly not rocket science, seems the much easier thing to do than start again.

TURBO'D CLIO
22-04-2009, 18:20
I've only took the engine out of the white one so far and it needed to come out as it was blown any way..

Was thinking of putting a 1.4 bk into the mk 2 and selling it for £900, then using the profits from that i can spend more on the mk1 like brakes and cage etc...

This other clio is mint really, 15" oz alloys aswell as lowered 40 mm, and all for £100, got 2 hours work to get the mk1 clio ready for the volvo lump so all in all i could make some money and end up with a better car,

Plus the mk1 is 3 door, so better looking on the eye.. :smokin:

Scoff
22-04-2009, 18:22
Makes sence :cool:

TURBO'D CLIO
22-04-2009, 21:06
Mk1 is loads better looking and it's got alot of bits on it that id only have to buy..

Plus i can get round things like when i fit the rsi box or 16v box they both have manual speedo's but my clio is electric so having a mk1 makes life alot easier in the long run...

Hopefuly try and get some pic's up later.. :agree: