PDA

View Full Version : problem with powerflex bushes

scott25
20-04-2009, 21:57
could somone please help, i recently tryd to fit a front set of powerflex bushes wich are all done bar the rear anti-roll bar bushes because they are massive compared to wot came off and ive even cracked one of the fixing brackets whilst tryin to get them to fit, the anti-roll bar is 23mm, thanks :)

R5GTTRaider
20-04-2009, 22:36
put it in the frezzer over night

or try a bit of heat on the metal but dont do it if its still a tight fit with no heat

as it wont expand to much but just a tad if its tight but going in

Andrew Cooke
20-04-2009, 23:01
that's coz you're trying to fit PH2 bushes to a PH1, they should be pretty much the same size as the bushes you've taken off.

scott25
21-04-2009, 01:01
that's coz you're trying to fit PH2 bushes to a PH1, they should be pretty much the same size as the bushes you've taken off.

could i just use the fixing clamps off a phase 2 sub frame or do i need to get the right bushes, ps thanks :)

JRP
21-04-2009, 11:00

HAHA you geeeeeeza innit

J$£5GTT
21-04-2009, 17:51
i just done this job,you need plenty of grease...the two inner roll bar bushes
you will need a small clamp..ie g clamp etc...an put it on the bracket an behind the
top of the other fixing an clamp up,then put your bolts through.

outers you can line up by putting a jack an piece of timber under wishbone
an lift up to get the bracket on,dont forget to tighten up to correct torque
of 30 Nm....you can do it that way or put wheels on an with a block of wood
or bricks under tyre lower down to get the weight on the wishbones
then tighten up.

:agree:

Andrew Cooke
21-04-2009, 18:46
could i just use the fixing clamps off a phase 2 sub frame or do i need to get the right bushes, ps thanks :)

you need the right bushes (or subframe). They are an bit of a pain to fit at the best of times, but the right ones will look like the ones you took off.

Kenobi
21-04-2009, 20:22
you need the right bushes (or subframe). They are an bit of a pain to fit at the best of times, but the right ones will look like the ones you took off.

If ya need to order more let me know. Im a Powerflex agent. :agree:

scott25
21-04-2009, 21:43
If ya need to order more let me know. Im a Powerflex agent. :agree:

any chance you could get us a price just for them two please

minty83
21-04-2009, 21:54
any chance you could get us a price just for them two please
theres complete front suspension sets on ebay for 65 quid ish